It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trump Wall: Here are a few things to consider [VIDEO]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
They are paying for it not building it and if left to the engineering would have "The Great Escape Movie" (tunneling) plans built into the infrastructure just for laughs.

Ah I see, so they are going to pay for it and america is going to build it.

I'm not aware who is responsible for upkeep, because if it's America, the congressional Budget Office estimates that the wall maintenance costs will exceed the initial construction costs within seven years. So if America is paying for maintenance costs, it will actually be a crippling blow rather than at all helpful.

Not only that, but how is a wall going to be effective anyway? most illegal immigrants came from legal transportation.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Mexico is going to maintain it. We dont have a deal yet, trump is looking into that, but i figure that they will just say yes and submit to our will without protest or rebellion. That is trump, trump is great.

vote trump

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
originally posted by: Ghost147

vhb: They are paying for it not building it and if left to the engineering would have "The Great Escape Movie" (tunneling) plans built into the infrastructure just for laughs.

Ghost147: Ah I see, so they They are going to pay for it and america is going to build it.
I'm not aware who is responsible for upkeep, because if it's America, the congressional Budget Office estimates that the wall maintenance costs will exceed the initial construction costs within seven years. So if America is paying for maintenance costs, it will actually be a crippling blow rather than at all helpful. Not only that, how is a wall going to be effective anyway? most illegal immigrants came from legal transportation.

Do you live in Southern Arizona (60 miles from the Mexican Border)? Have you had illegals show up on your property asking for water and temporary food and shelter? I have. I am compassionate to their plight; but realize I cannot break federal law. It is a terrible place; situation to be put in. Thankfully this has'nt happened in 8 to 10 years because Border Patrol is effective.
edit on 21-3-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoonNova
Trump has a plan, he says.

The best made plans go wrong, especially if the operator is a bit 'fik'...a bit like Linda from Gimme Gimme Gimme,

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Crossings happen in every state along the border. Even the places with some sad excuse of a security wall get breached.

I have a solution. Shorten the Mexico US borders. Make it an IDEA that only exists possible between Texas and Mexico. All other states as an idea to breach ARE NOT AVAILABLE (otherwise you instantly become a Zombie or Borg and free to dispatch). Tell the Illegals there is the potential of an "Invasion of the Body Snatcher" scenario you have no control over.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I trust trump, he is a business man and can do anything with his many, many tonnes of money. Imagine what he could do with our money then? The things he could look into and figure how to do would be on par with jesus and tesla.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Crossings happen in every state along the border. Even the places with some sad excuse of a security wall get breached.

I have a solution. Shorten the Mexico US borders. Make it an IDEA that only exists possible between Texas and Mexico. All other states as an idea to breach ARE NOT AVAILABLE (otherwise you instantly become a Zombie or Borg and free to dispatch).

Good idea but make it California.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I have a solution. Shorten the Mexico US borders. Make it an IDEA that only exists possible between Texas and Mexico. All other states as an idea to breach ARE NOT AVAILABLE (otherwise you instantly become a Zombie or Borg and free to dispatch).

Good idea but make it California.

California residents would totally understand this and get on board (potential for a job).

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

They are paying for it not building it and if left to the engineering would have "The Great Escape Movie" (tunneling) plans built into the infrastructure just for laughs.

Ah I see, so they are going to pay for it and america is going to build it.

I'm not aware who is responsible for upkeep, because if it's America, the congressional Budget Office estimates that the wall maintenance costs will exceed the initial construction costs within seven years. So if America is paying for maintenance costs, it will actually be a crippling blow rather than at all helpful.

Not only that, but how is a wall going to be effective anyway? most illegal immigrants came from legal transportation.

Have they the plans and cost sheets for the wall?

How do they know what, where, how it's built?

Or even how much it will cost?

Once that wall is started, all hell will break loose.
lol!

Eminent domaine. Trump is big on that.
People will get a good price.

The visa over stays will be another thing that will be dealt with.
500k people a year overstay.

Where I live, the cops are at the door if you miss your flight out.
The TSA can be diverted to tracking visa's instead of strip searching old ladies.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I've a better plan than that, why not just build a Geodesic Dome over Texas, just one door, and that being at the Mexican border and line the whole thing with solar panels, that way, Texas could power the whole of the US, create a whole new industry for crispy, genuine Chlli beef, and solve the problem of overpopulation. It wouldn't cost that much, and would make a fortune.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Bertrand Russell's relatives could HELP (where are those blueprints). If solar panels could cook the Bar-Be-Que inside; feed all Texans for free (huge solar OVEN); employ those that know the particularities of a 'spatula' or fork, basting brush fire skills; and cut down on SSI payments.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I trust trump, he is a business man and can do anything with his many, many tonnes of money. Imagine what he could do with our money then? The things he could look into and figure how to do would be on par with jesus and tesla.

I trust Trump/aka Fart too, that is to say, whatever he does, it will be with someone else's money. As for Jesus and Tesla, where did Mary and Jofus go to?

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Thankfully this has'nt happened in 8 to 10 years because Border Patrol is effective.

That's incredible, but I'm not sure why a wall would be needed if the border patrol is effective?

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Mexico is going to maintain it

So not only is Mexico going to pay for a 10-30 billion dollar wall, but they are going to do it every 7 years forever to maintain it, all while giving jobs to Americans, not Mexicans to do so...?

And you see no logical problems with this at all?

The Video posted in the OP makes a pretty clear point that there is absolutely no way the Mexican government will agree to this.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I watch John Oliver and saw this show. He is a comedian not a reporter. Nothing he said was done in a way I took it seriously and I am guessing you probably realize that the story was skewed to make it funny. That is what comedians do...it isn't like it was a serious piece or even good with the 'facts' it used.

This thread should be moved to the Jokes, Puns and Pranks forum or has ATS now come to the point where we use Saturday Night Live skits and other comedy shows as a serious topic for an OP?

edit on 2016/3/21 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Very valid concerns, but one thing they never touch is Trump's reasons for wanting to build a wall, namely, that a country without a border is not a country, and the country is being ripped off economically because of it. The illegal workers, in partnership with those who benefit from cheap labor, work for cheap, and whatever money they do make is sent out of the country. The money is not put back into the economy, and jobs are lost to illegal's in favour of cheap labor. Further, this isn't America's fault, but it is the Mexico's fault, who doesn't do enough to handle it's own country's affairs.

I've never heard a response to those arguments by anyone.

My personal opinion, I'm on the fence. It's necessary to fully criticize his solution. However, I have to hand it to Trump, but only because I think this is clear deal making on his part—a bargening chip—the threat of economic loss for Mexico, and a benefit to America. I don't think he'll go through with it. I think Mexico will buckle under the pressure and will agree to help keep care for the border, further strengthening it with available means. This is speculation.

Either way, by putting some blame on illegal immigrants and other countries, he has also recognized their agency and personal responsibility, something the other candidates seem to oppose.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Of someone wants to know the cost ask china they are erecting a 1400 km wall between them and north korea and have already started it. And India is building a 3000 km wall. But I guess amaricans are unable to build a barrier very strange.

link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I watch John Oliver and saw this show. He is a comedian not a reporter. Nothing he said was done in a way I took it seriously and I am guessing you probably realize that the story was skewed to make it funny. That is what comedians do...it isn't like it was a serious piece or even good with the 'facts' it used.

I realize what the show is about, Although I'm not sure which facts you are claiming to be nonfactual. Could you elaborate?

link   
Ugh. John Oliver. He's like the really unfunny kid that gets too excited when someone laughs at his joke and won't stop trying for more.

The only thing he said that I think will be a problem is getting the land required.

The cost of the wall is worth it. Trump actually has some interesting ideas for getting Mexico to pay for it. He's not saying that he's going to force the Mexicans to hand over a check, but that we will recoup our losses in other ways.

He's right about people overstaying Visas. We need to start cutting the number allowed proportional to the number of people that stay.

If done correctly, you aren't going to be hopping over the wall with a ladder, it will actually be two walls, with a no mans land/concertina wire in the middle, monitored by underground motion detectors and video surveillance.

Walls have actually been effective in the past. Turkey (freaking Turkey) is building a 500-mile wall. Link

Hungary built a wall:

Attempted border entries have fallen tremendously. From the 138,396 total for the month of September, the average daily number of intercepted migrants for the first two weeks of November was down to just 15. A daily reduction of more than 4500.
Source

Israel built a wall:

While 9,570 citizens of various African countries entered Israel illegally in the first half of 2012, only 34 did the same in the first six months of 2013, after construction of the main section of the barrier was completed.
Source

Acting as if curbing unfettered access to our country is racist or xenophobic is retarded. No country should be allowing in more people than it can take care of. How many children in this country are already hungry?

Build the wall, staff it appropriately and it will be a positive.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I may not like trump all that much, but I am aware that he has a job, likely has a multitude of vehicles, even has at least one jet, probably more. Is flush with money, has a hot wife, and doesnt depend on parents or inlaws for financial support.
Build a wall? Hell, build one on the Canadian border too for all I care... He wants 6-10 billion to keep law breakers out? Well shiver me timbers! Bernie wants 1500 Billion for krap that benefits me not at all. Pick your poison mate

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join