It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foods you hated as a kid and now you love

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Ha! - I think "mom's cooking" can be blamed for many of our childhood eating ills, at least in part! As an adult, cooking for myself and properly steaming asparagus, broccoli, etc., I realized one Thanksgiving that I still didn't like my parents' vegetables - they were boiling them into oblivion! My dad has since switched to steaming asparagus instead of boiling it into a tasteless, horribly-textured mush.

I know right ?!

Hate to say it, but my mom was not the greatest of cooks.

She cooked the crap out of meats and boiled the crap out of veggies until they were mush. Most of my childhood was spent sitting at the dinner table all night refusing to 'clean my plate'... by 10pm, mom would finally give in and send me to bed.

Due to my childhood traumas (*snicker snicker*) I eat my meat while it's still moo-ing and refuse to eat any type of mushy veggie.

Thanks for teaching me how not to cook mom !

Addendum:

Although I have to give my mumzy credit for some things... she made the world's best Sheppard's Pie, chicken pot pies, amazing soups, and a from-scratch lemon meringue pie to die for !

The days when mom cooked those foods were the days when my brother and I would practically lick our plates clean asking for seconds.

edit on 22-3-2016 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
As a child I hated,

Turnips
Suede
Brussel Sporuts
Olives
Rice
Courgette (zukini)
Aubergine (eggplant)
Avocado
Maltesers

All of which I love, bar the avocado and maltesers (Yuck!!0

And coffee... I didn't start drinking until my mid-30s. How did I live without it?

a reply to: okrian

Up north in England you are started on tea at the age of 8, I was on coffee by age 14.. no issue with caffeine, no here, no.. what was that *hides behind sofa*

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join