It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hunter Admits And Proves WIth Video Evidence He Has Been Filming Glowing Nocturnal Birds

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: DebtSlave

Personal accounts are like witness in a trial, they are the most credible sources and to deny all of them is to deny yourself the truth.

Actually, eyewitness reports are about the least reliable evidence at trial. However, in conjunction with physical evidence which can be tied to a case, the can lend support.

How many people, convicted on eyewitness testimony, have been exonerated by DNA evidence?

Ok, WTF is your point?

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Well, if you read the post I was replying to and take it in context, it's pretty clear.

Eyewitness reports are not reliable. They are not, as you put it, "the most reliable." They are demonstrably poor as far as evidence goes.

edit on 3/21/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

His point is that sole eyewitness account is not a reliable form of evidence. If said eye witness account corroborates the other evidence ther might be, then that's great. And of course, the more people who give the same eye witness account, the better.

But when faced with hard evidence like DNA or other forensic evidence, it can be called unreliable since human beings are easily fooled or mistaken about what they think they saw.

edit on 21-3-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

It's a good point, I don't know why UFOs fly with their light on, I just know the phenomenon is real and it exists. I personally lean more towards the balls of light being spirits, just like Ghost Adventures points out, but that's just me. How you or anyone could deny the paranormal is just mind boggling to me. Open your eyes man!

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

What do you mean? If the paranormal is malevolent, then it survives / operates by hiding. That's how all evil works.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DebtSlave

It's a good point, I don't know why UFOs fly with their light on, I just know the phenomenon is real and it exists. I personally lean more towards the balls of light being spirits, just like Ghost Adventures points out, but that's just me. How you or anyone could deny the paranormal is just mind boggling to me. Open your eyes man!

Been open mate. Show me something

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

What do you mean? If the paranormal is malevolent, then it survives / operates by hiding. That's how all evil works.

You believe something shown to you as fact, why allow your burden of proof to be so low?

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

My eyes are open mate. I promise. I might be a 3d animator, but my heart belongs to science and the amazing things in this world/universe. I would be more than happy for the paranormal to exist. But ill need some proof first. I would never tell you not to believe.

This is going a bit off topic, so i apologise, but i used to lock up my office in this rickety four story house in north London by myself very late sometimes, 2-3-4 am...id have to lock up each floor in the dark then go into the basement to make sure everything was shut...it used to scare the crap out of me. But then i said to myself "this is silly, i dont believe in ghosts" and if anything was going to appear it would have been in those 2 years i did that by myself all those late nights working (you do late hours as a 3d animator).

Once i told myself that, i had no problem going in the basement alone, or locking each door on each floor in the scary pitch black stairwell (the light switches were cleverly on the other side of the door!) etc....There's nothing there. Certainly not that i can see. But you are free to believe of course.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

You believe something shown to you as fact, why allow your burden of proof to be so low?

I believe the answer might be here, somewhere.

If you want to believe, start with Ghost Adventures.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Well, if you read the post I was replying to and take it in context, it's pretty clear.

Eyewitness reports are not reliable. They are not, as you put it, "the most reliable." They are demonstrably poor as far as evidence goes.

This was the post you were replying to...

"These ghost and UFO paranormal sightings are not all just a coincidence. Personal accounts are like witness in a trial, they are the most credible sources and to deny all of them is to deny yourself the truth. "

By saying witnesses are unreliable, you are also giving the impression that all witnesses to the paranormal are unreliable and therefore all UFO paranormal sightings ARE a coincidence. You are a hard person to talk to.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

By saying witnesses are unreliable, you are also giving the impression that all witnesses to the paranormal are unreliable and therefore all UFO paranormal sightings ARE a coincidence. You are a hard person to talk to.

Not if you actually read what I write.
I did not say that all eyewitnesses are unreliable. I said, once again, that eyewitness reports are unreliable.

A reliable person is perfectly capable of misinterpreting what they think they have seen.

edit on 3/21/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Maybe if he would have combined his last sentence to the rest of the paragraph, it would have made sense.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Maybe if he would have combined his last sentence to the rest of the paragraph, it would have made sense.

Well, to be fair, i did get what he was saying.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

The problem I have with you using a TV show as evidence is tenfold+. You accept they are telling the truth. You accept they have excluded any normal explanations. You accept the equipment the use actually does anything remotely close to what they claim. You accept that you predisposition allows you to be unbiased. Etc. Etc.

An awful lot of assumptions to base a belief on.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I did not say that all eyewitnesses are unreliable. I said, once again, that eyewitness reports are unreliable.

A reliable person is perfectly capable of misinterpreting what they think they have seen.

WTF is the difference between a witness and the witness reports? WTF is your point man?

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

WTF is the difference between a witness and the witness reports? WTF is your point man?

A witness is a person. A report is a report.
If you haven't gotten the difference, or my point, by now, you probably still won't.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Lets move on from Phages point. Hes made it, its been explained. This is a friendly nudging by the way

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

The problem I have with you using a TV show as evidence is tenfold+. You accept they are telling the truth. You accept they have excluded any normal explanations. You accept the equipment the use actually does anything remotely close to what they claim. You accept that you predisposition allows you to be unbiased. Etc. Etc.

An awful lot of assumptions to base a belief on.

The TV show evidence can be compared to other evidence on YouTube. Just search YouTube for "EVP."

link   
Glowing birds sound fascinating! I've never heard of such a thing except for fireflies. The one account arguing with everyone seems like a troll...obviously has not done any research and there are tons of threads about the best sightings. He obviously believes everything the government tells him and think's the government wouldn't cover up alien visitation.

Where is your proof there are not aliens visiting our planet right now? Don't tell me you base your opinion on the Drake equation...

link   
i have to wonder if we would know the proof, even when we saw it?
or would we cast it aside as being more fakery or cgi.

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join