It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton Trashes Obama: 'Awful Legacy of the Last Eight Years'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

He was clearly not referring to Obama's legacy.

I took it as a slap to the Republican obstructionists.

If Clinton had taken jabs at Obama as president, then it would be different. But, he hasn't.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Guess your a bit late. Even Bernie is calling out Bill Clinton on his Obama bashing.
( Guess he didnt get the Clinton camp directive LOL )

Sanders blasts Bill Clinton on awful years comments

Sanders blasted Bill Clinton for his comment Monday night, tweeting, “Don’t know that I’d call President Obama's 72 straight months of job growth an “awful legacy.”

Bernies Twitter post
twitter.com...

edit on 22-3-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

is all I got on this subject.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

If Clinton had taken jabs at Obama as president, then it would be different. But, he hasn't.

Didn't President Obama have a DEMOCRAT majority in both the House AND the Senate his first few years in office? There was no "obstruction" during that period of time... just the opposite, as a matter of fact.

The only continuous 8 year legacy that former President William Jefferson Clinton could possibly be referring to, is the 8 year legacy of President Barack Obama.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
Pot meet Kettle

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Annee

Didn't President Obama have a DEMOCRAT majority in both the House AND the Senate his first few years in office? There was no "obstruction" during that period of time... just the opposite, as a matter of fact.

The only continuous 8 year legacy that former President William Jefferson Clinton could possibly be referring to, is the 8 year legacy of President Barack Obama.

I'm capable of figuring out the timeline. And the previous 7 years.

I've lived a long time. I've never seen any other president treated this way. EVER. It's a disgrace.

I don't think there's any love lost between Obama and the Clintons, but I still think he was referring to how Obama was treated, not what kind of president Obama was/is.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Thanks!

It's still a bit of quackery to try to establish her as an outsider

This is Bill Clinton we're talking about here. He's one of the most proficient BSers on the planet. I think he's basically framing her as the Change (maker) to Obama's Hope.

Doesn't make sense to bite the hand on the leash of the DOJ at the moment, imo.

Exactly. Furthermore, Obama is actually very popular among registered Democrats (approval rating over 80%) and his approval rating among all Americans just rose above 50% for the first time in 3 years (source). That's much better than Hillary's current favorability rating.

On its face it didn't make sense that Bill would be trash talking Obama.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

That's unfortunate. I guess whoever is tweeting for Bernie didn't bother to do his due diligence either. It still beats Trump's campaign tweeting a fraudulent crime statistics meme found on Stormfront though I'd think?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Thanks!

It's still a bit of quackery to try to establish her as an outsider

This is Bill Clinton we're talking about here. He's one of the most proficient BSers on the planet. I think he's basically framing her as the Change (maker) to Obama's Hope.

Doesn't make sense to bite the hand on the leash of the DOJ at the moment, imo.

Exactly. Furthermore, Obama is actually very popular among registered Democrats (approval rating over 80%) and his approval rating among all Americans just rose above 50% for the first time in 3 years (source). That's much better than Hillary's current favorability rating.

On its face it didn't make sense that Bill would be trash talking Obama.

I wonder if those ratings are done by the same folks who promote Kim Un? They sure have a way with blue sky marketing.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Are you familiar with filibustering? The Democrats didn't have the votes to invoke cloture until around August of 2009 because of Kennedy's failing health, Byrd's failing health and Franken's contested election. It wasn't until Kennedy's replacement was appointed (Kirk) that they had a "filibuster proof" 60 votes that lasted 4 months.

The night of Obama's inauguration, prominent Republicans convened to hammer out a strategy. The details of this meeting because public knowledge after being published in Robert Draper's book Do Not Ask What Good We Do: Inside the U.S. House of Representatives.

According to Draper, the guest list that night (which was just over 15 people in total) included Republican Reps. Eric Cantor (Va.), Kevin McCarthy (Calif.), Paul Ryan (Wis.), Pete Sessions (Texas), Jeb Hensarling (Texas), Pete Hoekstra (Mich.) and Dan Lungren (Calif.), along with Republican Sens. Jim DeMint (S.C.), Jon Kyl (Ariz.), Tom Coburn (Okla.), John Ensign (Nev.) and Bob Corker (Tenn.). The non-lawmakers present included Newt Gingrich, several years removed from his presidential campaign, and Frank Luntz, the long-time Republican wordsmith. Notably absent were Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) — who, Draper writes, had an acrimonious relationship with Luntz.

The whole thing was later confirmed by to PBS Frontline by Frank Luntz, focus group running, dog whistle word distilling spinmeister.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I wonder if those ratings are done by the same folks who promote Kim Un? They sure have a way with blue sky marketing.

Strange. I never assume that I'm part of a silent majority but I see a lot of people do. Sure are a lot of silent majorities out there — so many so that somebody must be wrong. Something to ponder (or ignore if it makes you feel better to imagine that everyone thinks like you).

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I guess whoever is tweeting for Bernie didn't bother to do his due diligence either.

Whoever is tweeting for Sanders?

Like whoever is tweeting for Hillary?

As was pointed out earlier, Obama had a Democratic majority in the
House and The Senate the first two years in office.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Funny because Obama is currently trying to approve more money for past presidents retirements.

money.usnews.com... anning-to-retire/2009/01/16/president-bush-will-get-a-196700-pension

Meanwhile.. Uncle Sam is coming after YOUR savings.

Uncle Sam Wants Your Savings

More of Obama's Policies in action from 2012 (Walker also proposed this)

Obamas sneak attack on Seniors
edit on 3/22/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Thank you..

Over the years I've discovered what is often presented as fact -- ISN'T

Sometimes I research it, sometimes I don't. The amount of distortion can be overwhelming.

The anti-Obama's never bother with the positive side of his accomplishments. If they did, they might have to concede he did something.

edit on 22-3-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I swear t god if any of you Trump supporters come on this thread to trash Obama you prove yourself a huge hyprocrite

Especially since Trump supported and FUNDED Obama

And still wants to implement some of his polices........

Please out yourselves

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Whoever is tweeting for Sanders? Like whoever is tweeting for Hillary?

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make? It's well known that Hillary doesn't do most of her tweeting either. Hence the whole "-H" thing.

As was pointed out earlier, Obama had a Democratic majority in the House and The Senate the first two years in office.

See my post above. There were exactly 4 months where there were enough votes for the Democrats in Senate (+2 independents) to invoke cloture which is how a filibuster is ended.

Here's a list of all Senate clotures

Furthermore, the Senate has streamlined the process so that in many cases the would be filibusterers simply have to promise to filibuster and if it's obvious there won't be enough votes to invoke cloture, it can have the same effect — without the filibuster.

Filibustering is how the DREAM Act was blocked twice. It's how the DISCLOSE Act was blocked (campaign finance reform). It helped put nail shut the coffin of the Public Option. Same with the Creating American Jobs and Ending Offshoring Act and a number of other pieces of legislation.

Am I lying or any way coloring the truth?

Now that it's obvious to anyone who is being even remotely objective that the topic of this thread is completely bogus, I'm not even sure what's left to be discussed in this thread and I'm not contributing to making it any longer.

edit on 2016-3-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazyWater

You're hillarious...

This thread is about Clinton trashing Obama.. And here you are Mr.PC making a false accusation about Trump supporters. LAME.

Where's Your Evidence? Do Tell.

I believe a coup is taking place to get rid of the filth in Gov and there's a lot of Filth in Gov.

Ever heard of the art of war? Read it and Learn something.

Some of the Policies are good, if they were all Bad, the American Population would make the Civil War look like a trip to the candy store. People are Tired of this crap haven't you noticed?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Meanwhile in Washington...

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Guess your a bit late. Even Bernie is calling out Bill Clinton on his Obama bashing.

Thats a shame because Obama should be bashed.

Bernie kissing @ss to Obama leaves a very bad taste in my mouth which makes me reconsider my stand on him. Obama was a lying corporate Wh0re from the start of his election.

Obama is exactly what Bernie is preaching against with his lobbyist cabinet , half a billion campaign corporate finance, and with his Obamacare plan which is just a gift for the Healthcare industry lobbyist disguised to help those who need it.

on Bernie

edit on 07331America/ChicagoTue, 22 Mar 2016 08:07:23 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join