It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 MP's for Leave Campaign politely ask Obama to butt out of UK referendum!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I havent seen this on any thread but just heard about it today. Apparently 100 MP's from the Brexit Campaign in UK Referendum have written letter to Obama requesting that he doesnt get involved in trying to sway the vote re the referendum during his visit next month.

I absolutely agree with this letter. In all due respect to President Obama British Sovereignity is at stake when making the decision whether to remain in EU or Leave. It is our democracy and as such the only people who should be involved in this vote is the British people.

Sure he will have opinions but he can air those opinions in private discussions with Prime Minister. If he does start trying to push his opinion he can expect an angry backlash from British people especially the Leave voters. We have enough fearmongering MP's of our own without Leaders from other Countries jumping on the bandwagon and dare I say he has enough problems to concern himself with in his Country without worrying about us!

www.rt.com...
edit on 21-3-2016 by anxiouswens because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Interesting, and true, he should keep his #ing nose out of it, but I defend free speech though so if he has thoughts on the matter then let's just robustly debate whatever he says.
...ain't our president.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Yeah he ain't our president, which makes it okay for him to say what he likes, but it means diddly squat to any of us.

He needs the U.K in the E.U to push the TTIP, so he has an opinion alright, a very biased opinion.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Obama has a view. Why are some people so afraid of other people's views? That's the question.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Yeah he ain't our president, which makes it okay for him to say what he likes, but it means diddly squat to any of us.

He needs the U.K in the E.U to push the TTIP, so he has an opinion alright, a very biased opinion.

From what I've read he already has David Cameron in the bag for that one

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

It would be easier all round if the U.K remains as it will be part of the E.U deal, but yes Cameron is loving the thought of making his mates richer. So much so he's ordered a swine head for Easter.
edit on 23/3/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join