It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My problem with Sanders

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

It's paid for with taxes, and for nearly every ATS member, their taxes wouldn't be any higher than they are now.

Not true.

Two of his 5 proposals include increases for EVERYONE at all income levels. They just aren't always called "taxes", but "premiums" instead, etc. Amounts to the same thing.

Many economists estimate Bernie's plans will cost the average middle class family about $3000 a year in additional fees and taxes. Some say less, some say more. I personally think it would be more around the $2000 a year mark, but even that is a pretty substantial paycut.

But now I digress.

The reasons I DON'T like Bernie:

1. He's simply too old. He's one year away from average life expectancy, and the Presidency ages you. Look at Obama 8 years ago versus today. We'd be voting for his VP pick.

2. For 40 years, he seemed to be a slacker, then got a steady job in politics. How the hell can he relate to the average worker? He can't.

3. While in Congress, he sponsored TWO bills, both named Post Offices. Other than this, not exactly a rising star in politics. So what gives?

4. He was already in charge of socialized medicine...the VA. How well did THAT work out?

5. I simply will not vote for a pay cut. Times are harder now than ever, and prices go up while wages stagnate. I simply can't afford his experiments.

6. Our enemies will roll right over him. None will fear him. None will respect him.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I agree with what you said.

I do like some of what he says and he's right about greed but the guy has done nothing in his entire time in the Senate, I don't understand how he got into it in the firs place and what the hell was he doing for those 40 years?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Even Wall Street says that manufacturing jobs are never coming back to the US

Sure they will. If we make American quality mean something again.
Also, as China develops a middle class, they will price themselves out of the cheap labor market. (especially once that middle class cries for cleaner air and water).

They will also come back if you remove some of the incentives that cause them to leave in the first place.

what the hell was he doing for those 40 years?

Well, pseudo teacher, psychiatric aide, carpenter, amateur film-maker, writer...basically a beat-nick, and then the last 10 of the 40 TRYING to get into office (and failing). His first win, was only by TEN votes, for mayor.
edit on 23-3-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join