It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA outlaws CBDs and hemp oil extracts claiming plant molecules belong to Big Pharma

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
And here is the pharmaceutical company benefitting the most from this:

GW Pharma and its new CBD drug

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kushness

Thanks for adding that!

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I take it and I will stock up if they try to take it out of the shops.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I honestly don't think there is either I can tell she's in an unbearable amount of pain. It's just criminal that they're taking away medicine from so many people including children. Thank you for your response and let's all keep fighting the good fight.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye

This is what we can do about it. Simply grow our own hemp like thousands of people already do.
No policy or law passed by a Government agency can't prevent us from doing anything, as long as we keep it secret.

I'll give you an example. I know of a secret medical group that was fed up with people dying from Cancer. At the therapeutic level they instituted a covert campaign to treat patients dying of Cancer with Dandelion Root. So far their success with every type of Cancer at various stages is still 100% cured.

Now mind you what they are doing is considered illegal but they are smart professionals and keep what they are doing covert. The psychopathic-pedophile elite elements controlling our government agencies have established a systematic propaganda campaign to keep the majority blind to the fact that Dandelion Root cures cancer.

Stay proactive and understand no man can control what you do, just be smart about it.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
As soon as individual states legalized marijuana, I've been waiting for the FDA to swoop in and start regulating it.

www.jwatch.org...
www.fda.gov...

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
As soon as individual states legalized marijuana, I've been waiting for the FDA to swoop in and start regulating it.

www.jwatch.org...
www.fda.gov...

Thanks for the links.

After reading those, I'm just so angry. So many weasel words to justify nothing more than a profit gouging power play with no real benefit for the many... but plenty of profit for the few. Grrrrr!
edit on 27-3-2016 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
And they'll get away with it to because few, if any of you will make a concerted effort to thwart their monopoly.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
So the "legal in 50 states" has been propagating for several years now, but it's not true. You can attempt to sell it within your state, or nationally, but you can also be arrested and tried depending on the source of the CBD. You can't extract it from a hemp, or cannabis unless you are following the law to the T. I'm not going to act like I know the specifics of the law in this matter from state to state, but the "legal in 50 states" is not true, it's simply a marketing scheme that people willing to take the risk go forward with and more power to them, but yea no. If you end up making a fool of yourself in court and get a hefty sentence, that's also your deal because you were basically applying a used car salesman kind of mentality to something that the Government is still pretty well against. Not too wise.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

So the "legal in 50 states" has been propagating for several years now, but it's not true.

I'm not sure that's exactly right... but for FDA purposes, you may be right. I may be wrong, but I'm not sure CBDs were ever technically criminally codified; if so, then CBDs were "legal" until the FDA said otherwise? Maybe someone could clarify???

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

It's not "CBD's" it's extracts from the marijuana/hemp plant. This includes CBD.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

It's not "CBD's" it's extracts from the marijuana/hemp plant. This includes CBD.

My apologies but I'm not understanding the point you're trying to make. I understand that CBDs are just one of many substances which can be extracted from cannabis, but that's what the OP is about -- CBDs. So I'm not sure why you make that distinction...
edit on 27-3-2016 by Boadicea because: clarity

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Um, because it's absolutely relevant?

Not sure where the connection is being lost.

This is the thread title, "FDA outlaws CBDs and hemp oil extracts claiming plant molecules belong to Big Pharma".

I'm stating that hemp oil extracts and CBDs derived from hemp or cannabis products have been illegal the whole time. That there are other molecules in the plant in no way has any bearing on this.
edit on 27-3-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

Um, because it's absolutely relevant?

I never questioned the relevancy; and, in fact and in deed, by asking for your clarification, I obviously assumed there was some relevancy....

I'm stating that hemp oil extracts and CBDs derived from hemp or cannabis products have been illegal the whole time. That there are other molecules in the plant in no way has any bearing on this.

Gotcha. Thank you for clarifying.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Corruption seems to run high in the Americal political system it seems

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: northwestuk
Corruption seems to run high in the Americal political system it seems

That's an understatement! Sad, but true.

It becomes quite incestuous at times, spreading over multiple agencies and departments, and so many confidentiality laws and nondisclosure clauses and this and that... quite disheartening; but there are many trying to shine a big bright spotlight of truth on such matters. Gotta appreciate that, eh?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Canna-Banned

Not sure if anyone's read this yet?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: misfitofscience
Canna-Banned

the above link debunks the rumor

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: misfitofscience
Canna-Banned

Thank you for posting the link to Snopes, which includes this update with "Major Corrections" from Natural News (the source link in the OP):

MAJOR CORRECTIONS: I'm issuing a huge correction / clarification to this story after speaking with people in the hemp industry. They've pointed out that my article, although posted with the best intentions to help keep CBDs legal and readily available, was freaking out CBD retailers who thought some sort of new law had been passed outlawing CBDs.

In no way did I intend to disrupt CBD retailers with that article! My only goal was to sound the alarm of how to FDA is attempting to destroy this entire industry, and help create a backlash that would keep natural medicine legal in America.

So I've decided to post a serious correction / clarification to this story to make sure nobody misreads what I'm asserting here, and I apologize for any misconstruing of my intention in posting this ... Essentially, my use of the term "outlawed" in the title of my original article was misconstrued. By "outlawed," I meant the FDA essentially writes its own "regulatory laws" and has posted a clear statement on its own website which states that CBDs cannot be sold as a dietary supplement.

This is a regulatory attack on hemp extracts, but it is not technically a law that was passed by Congress. I regret my choice of the word "outlawed", and I will be more careful in my choice of words when covering this issue in the future. In the article below, I have replaced any reference to "outlawing" with the more accurate terminology of "regulating out of compliance" or similar language.

Good to see he changed the wording. It's actually better anyway because it reflects not just what is being done, but how it's being done. "Regulating out of compliance" is a common tactic to eliminate competition which small business owners have been complaining about for years. It's a big part of the crony capitalism and corporatocracy increasingly pushing small (and smaller) businesses out of the market.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join