It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA outlaws CBDs and hemp oil extracts claiming plant molecules belong to Big Pharma

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Boadicea

Now if we can convince all of the partisan slaves to stop voting for the two party system and actually change the way Washington works we will all be better off. If Trump runs independent after the Republicans kick him out at the convention I don't think the Establishment will know what hit them.

They will know that Trump split the conservative vote and threw the race to the democrats. They will definitely know that.

But I agree, these two parties are corporate owned and until we abandon them both entirely, we will continue to be held hostage.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
fda...

they also approved, as safe and effective, hundreds of drugs that were later recalled

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I am just taking a break and saw this thread. How disgusting the FDA is. Once again it's all about the money. I will say that if anyone is in a locale where they can harvest their own hemp oil, NOW would be the time to bone up and stock up. There all kinds of videos and instructions on the net to produce your own while you still can.

A quote on Rick Simpson's site, here's the link to the quote and other info on hemp oil as a cancer remedy:

“Once the public becomes aware of the fact that properly made hemp medicine can cure or control practically any medical condition, who is going to stand up against the use of hemp?”

www.hempforfuture.com...

The only thing wrong with the quote is it's lack of warning of big pharma taking over this wonder drug.
edit on 22-3-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
disgusting.
Deny the effects until the proof is too substantial... then ban/prohibit it.
Way to go FDA. Whats next?
Ginger? Honey? Apple Cider Vinegar?
How about water?

At some point people are going to realize it's time to fight back. When this turns into a matter of life and death for someone or a loved one, or many someone's or loved ones people will say enough is enough.

In fact, I'm a bit surprised that people haven't decided enough is enough. Watching a loved one die because of the revolving door of our government and Big Pharma to keep people poisoned should be considered negligent homicide (at the very least) of ALL patients that could benefit from this stuff.

What would that be, tens of millions negligent homicide charges? Time to issue a class action lawsuit against all of them. Ironically, the first source of evidence to be entered can be from the government itself - Nixon's National Commission on Marijuana and Drug Abuse, which was conveniently buried.
edit on 22-3-2016 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Absolutely ridiculous but expected. Just wait until they've done more research on ketogenic diets and the health benefits, such as treating epilepsy and cancer. They'll make ketone blood testing mandatory and tax you for blood concentration.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant
I completely agree.
It really makes me angry that an agency that is meant to protect us, goes out of it's way to keep something that is potentially life saving, away from us.
Not to mention....... it comes from a PLANT
If they want to have regulations and restrict actual 'drugs', be my guest.
Leave the natural remedies alone FDA

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Full title at link:

The FDA just outlawed CBDs and hemp oil extracts by claiming all plant molecules now belong exclusively to Big Pharma

Most ATSers are already aware of the many amazing healing properties of cannabis, and its cannabinoids, incluing CBDs. Many are also well aware of the healing properties of high CBD oils, legal and available in all 50 states. And many of us have expressed our fears and/or outrage at the role Big Pharma has played in keeping this natural medicine illegal and unavailable to the masses. I guess this is the next play in their dirty game.

CBDs are non-psychoactive compounds found naturally in hemp plants. They work so well as powerful natural medicine that people everywhere are realizing CBDs work better than pharmaceuticals for treating epilepsy, seizures, neurological disorders and other serious health conditions (including HIV infections). So the FDA has just launched a massive regulatory assault against CBDs by invoking the most insane logic you've ever heard.

More specifically, not against CBDs, but against anyone and everyone not Big Pharma... how? Like this:

1) CBDs work so well that drug companies are now investigating them to be approved by the FDA as medicines.

2) Because CBDs are being investigated by drug companies, the FDA has granted CBDs status as being "investigated as a new drug."

3) Because CBDs work so well and have been authorized for drug investigations, the FDA now OUTLAWS them being sold as dietary supplements.

4) Now the FDA has begun sending warning letters to CBD makers, claiming they are in violation of FDA regulations because they are selling "adulterated products."

Adulterated? Really??? Yup. Adulterated.

In other words, the FDA just handed Big Pharma an absolute monopoly over CBDs (hemp oil extract) by ridiculously claiming such natural products are "adulterated" with molecules (CBDs) that the FDA says might one day become a drug.

So what exactly does the FDA say?

12. Can products that contain cannabidiol be sold as dietary supplements?

A. No. Based on available evidence, FDA has concluded that cannabidiol products are excluded from the dietary supplement definition under section 201(ff)(3)(B)(ii) of the FD&C Act. Under that provision, if a substance (such as cannabidiol) has been authorized for investigation as a new drug for which substantial clinical investigations have been instituted and for which the existence of such investigations has been made public, then products containing that substance are outside the definition of a dietary supplement. There is an exception if the substance was "marketed as" a dietary supplement or as a conventional food before the new drug investigations were authorized; however, based on available evidence, FDA has concluded that this is not the case for cannabidiol. For more information on this provision, including an explanation of the phrase "marketed as," see Draft Guidance for Industry: Dietary Supplements: New Dietary Ingredient Notifications and Related Issues.

FDA is not aware of any evidence that would call into question its current conclusion that cannabidiol products are excluded from the dietary supplement definition under section 201(ff)(3)(B)(ii) of the FD&C Act.

However, Stuart Tomc, VP of Human Nutrition at CV Sciences (previously CannaVest), begs to differ:

“FDA routinely sends out warning letters for drug claims, however this issue originated from an FDA Q and A online post about marijuana, not dietary supplements. Notwithstanding the FDA’s Q&A posting, it is our opinion, which is broadly shared by the marketplace, that CBD has been marketed as a dietary supplement prior to commencement and public notice of any substantial clinical investigations instituted on CBD, thereby rendering the IND preclusion inapplicable.”

Source

I take objection to the entire process and a bureaucracy which has prioritized profits over people, at the expense of our health... and our very lives. Medical research has proven that cannabis and its cannabinoids are absolutely vital to our bodies' immune system and our health. Cannabis is a weed. It grows like crazy in all kinds of conditions all over the world. Given half a chance, anyone could grow their own medicine and treat -- if not cure! -- a whole host of diseases and conditions all by their lonesome. Even better, regular supplements or use as a food or tea, could serve to nurture and maintain health, and avoiding many diseases/conditions altogether. Every effort should be made to increase both our knowledge of and access to this powerful medicine; not restrict us. No one has the right to deny us the life nurturing and life saving benefits provided by the fruits of the earth, much less criminalize our use -- not in the name of our "safety," and sure as hell not in the name of patents and profits.

Makes me want to cry a little.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye

horrible news, sadly not surprising, another demonstration of how corrupt our federal government is.

who can do anything about it? what are we going to do about it?
something NEEDS to be done about it.

First, my apologies for the delayed response.

To answer your question: We do what we can. I think for most of us, probably the most important thing we can do is simply take a stand. Refuse to be silent. We can share articles like this to educate folks -- including ourselves. We can talk to people. We can try to find that proverbial middle ground that addresses the real and/or imagined concerns to find concensus and cooperation and unity... new reforms that people before patents and profits.

We need to encouage and support those in the medical fields with the knowledge and experience to come up with better approaches. We can encourage and support those in the legal fields with the knowledge and experience to fight poor laws and come up with a better legal approach.

The propaganda has been laid on thick for about 80 years now... but when people know better, they do better. So I think informing and educating the masses is key.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Now if we can convince all of the partisan slaves to stop voting for the two party system and actually change the way Washington works we will all be better off. If Trump runs independent after the Republicans kick him out at the convention I don't think the Establishment will know what hit them.

I'm sure that whatever they're scheming, that is a very real concern -- and I hope they're going through massive quantities of Depends over it! But as happy as I am about Trump's effect on these elections, in terms of the medical/recreational marijuana issue, I think Gary Johnson would be the ideal candidate, and I'm more than a little bummed that he is getting absolutely no attention.

Perhaps that's part of the plan, eh? Voters are going rogue; Johnson might look pretty darn good to rebels on both sides if they gave him an honest chance.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

Lots of people have decided enough is enough. They do their own homework and decide themselves what is right for themselves or their loved ones. They don't always make a huge production about it, but most people ignore laws they think are stupid, whenever they can. This is a normal part of human nature too.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

My God...this is HUGE, telling, and QUITE disturbing! My guess is the Big Pharma investigations and trials will take decades, and end up with no positive findings for medicinal use.

Though, I don't think they'll get away with this one. It's at the point where they'll have to be kicking down doors across the nation to rip out plants people are using to make their own medicine.

Land of the Free indeed.

Just want to clarify regarding "no positive findings for medicinal use" - I believe it's pretty obvious there are PLENTY of medicinal uses, I just think the Big Pharma studies won't find them on purpose (unless it's an isolated, patentable chemical within)

That doublespeak is quite telling... We've been told for decades that it's illegal because it has no medicinal value and now they're telling us it's illegal because it's being studied for its medicinal value. Just the fact that they would presume to criminalize a life-saving natural substance tells us how dangerous they are.

I think you're right about folks taking healing matters into their own hands -- especially as Obamacare continues to price more and more folks right out of the healthcare system... and others refuse to continue taking their poison pills and look for natural remedies. Now that people understand the amazing healing qualities of cannabis, survival instincts will take over, with a big boost from good old-fashioned ingenuity. People are already finding ways...

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Believe it or not, they are starting to look into copyrights on the air we breathe since it comes from GMO plants that companies like Monsanto have the rights to.

It's literally like a Sci-Fi Dystopia movie.

That's freaking insane.

But so is suing farmers for contaminating their crops with frankenseeds... Monsanto should be prosecuted and persecuted for poisoning our food, soil, air and bodies.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Hate to be that guy, but is Natural News the only source?

No, not the only source... I quoted from and linked to the FDA website, and included a quote from and link to another website. There is another link at the source link.

It's cool if you're "that" guy; but I gotta tell ya, more and more I ask myself why is Natural News so often the only (or one of a few) source talking about these things? Natural News does tend to be quite the drama queen of websites, but it's pretty darn sad that "reputable" news sites refuse to report on any such issues that will anger their biggest advertisers: Big Pharma.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

American politicians are under the complete control of the pharma lobby.

American politicians have granted Pharma 100% immunity from damage claims for vaccine damage.
Americans consume 80% of the world's prescription painkillers.

Related??? Might be from the guilt and pain of seeing all the damaged children.

Really makes one wonder how they can look in the mirror... or sleep at night. For all the gnashing of teeth about guns by one side and terrorists by the other, Big Pharma kills and wounds more than both of those combined. It's shameful.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt

I see its being "investigated as a new drug" because its being "authorized for drug investigations."

Does this mean hemp oil is technically illegal to be sold in states like Colorado?

I think that's exactly what they're trying to do. Or maybe just testing the waters. They will probably get the biggest fight from those states which have already decriminalized medical marijuana; both from the voters/patients, and the bureaucrats who like the additional revenue. The FDA hasn't made a public announcement; just amended their website, and they've only contacted a few specific vendors under the radar so to speak. We'll have to see how this plays out...

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
You guys know you can just type in www.fda.gov and actually see the actual things the FDA is saying about CBD's, right?

www.fda.gov...

Like, for example, all of these "natural products" contain NONE or virtually no CBD's, and so "warning letters" were sent.

Or one could just click on the FDA link in the OP which deals directly with the subject of the OP: Denying people the healing benefits of a natural substance and granting a virtual monopoly on a life-saving medicine to Big Pharma.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Visiting ESB

This has to be the worst news I've seen in decades. I personally know people who have been permanently cured of cancer because they took CBD oil. This world gets more f@#%$D up by the day.

Well, the good news is that you do know the value of cannabis medicines, and can help inform and educate others, and support efforts to keep/make cannabis medicines safe, legal and readily available.

And the best news of all is that thanks to cannabis, those people are still here to love and to love you

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: smarterthanyou

Thanks for posting the update from Natural News. Good information to add and much appreciated!

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Wow. This hits home right here. My mom has dealt with horrible depression since my little brother passed away in a car wreck 3 years ago. I finally got her off of xanax and onto CBD oils which were working and she barely had to use. I guess money's more important though.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: feedmemore
Wow. This hits home right here. My mom has dealt with horrible depression since my little brother passed away in a car wreck 3 years ago. I finally got her off of xanax and onto CBD oils which were working and she barely had to use. I guess money's more important though.

My heart goes out to you and your mother. I don't think there is any greater pain than losing a child. Good for you for educating yourselves about CBD oils, and its effectiveness for mom.

I hope this gets worked out and that your mom can enjoy its benefits for as long as she needs them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join