It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA outlaws CBDs and hemp oil extracts claiming plant molecules belong to Big Pharma

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye

Gladly:

The president appoints the head of the FDA.

Therefore, as an instruction to those aware that plants do not belong to companies, vote for someone (anyone) who is aware of this fact as well and pledges to act accordingly.

If not available, the elections aren't valid, and you're living in a thinly veiled tyrannical oligarchy: revolt.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Natural news posts stories that certain parties don't want published. It's not perfect but that is the definition of journalism.

FDA website showing the criminal activity

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Well, it's been involved in some hoaky crap before is why I ask.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Natural news posts stories that certain parties don't want published. It's not perfect but that is the definition of journalism.

FDA website showing the criminal activity

That website is about warning letters to companies who were selling products which didn't contain the CBD oil they claimed to contain. Link

In February 2016, FDA issued eight warning letters to firms that market unapproved new drugs that allegedly contain cannabidiol (CBD). FDA had previously issued six such letters in February 2015. FDA has tested these products, and many were found to not contain the levels of CBD they claimed to contain.

If what the OP posted is true, I would hate for the message to be diluted by mixing in bad information. The link you provided does not show criminal activity, it shows that the FDA was actually policing people selling "bunk" CBD oil.

Now...off to verify or (hopefully) debunk this.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Good job big pharma! No more hippies! Ban all potheads!
you're make the world a better place and Satan says so!
Make sure to profit this plant and patent it. It's worth is useless

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
is anyone really that surprized? So it begins (the door opens to use cannabis derivitives to cure) and so it ends (they see there is a lot of money to be made)
Bastards,the whole lot of them.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

OK, so I went to the Internets to check this out - apparently, the horrifying premise of the Natural News article is, thankfully, false. The FDA is cracking down on companies selling CBD oil with labeling/guidance for use as a medical treatment (just as they do with any product which has not obtained FDA approval for such uses.) They are NOT outlawing CBD oil as a supplement sold without making specific medical claims. They're treating it the same as every other dietary supplement. So, I take back my initial outrage and replace it with relief and understanding. Looks like Natural News hoaxed me good there for a minute!

Actual Factual Information

I had a quote from the above link I was going to include, but now my browser has gone stupid, but a quick review of that short article reveals the truth. It's a US News article from 3/11.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

So another hoax piece from NN.

Might as well be BIN.

Thanks for getting to the bottom of it Dogstar23, had something in the back of my mind telling me pretty much every story I've read from NN has been lies or pseudo-science.
edit on 21-3-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Yessir - your questioning the source and my anger (but not quite disbelief) that they would pull something like that led me to check it out. The believability of it, however, certainly demonstrates how many people feel about the FDA, and often rightfully so!

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
First the FDA made these CDB extractors make no claims of treating illness on their products. Take Charlotte's web for example. Nowhere on the bottle does it actually say "CBD oil" or that it treats anything, it says "hemp oil supplement".

Seems the FDA and department of human health services(DHHS) wants to close that loophole as well by outright claiming that the DHHS owns the patent on a naturally occurring cannabinoid. A cannadanoid our body naturally produces in tiny levels to allow 2 way communication between our organs. Don't but this BS for one moment! This is like patenting the estrogen or testosterone molecule. Except in this case there happens to be a flower that naturally produces these carbon molecules in high levels. It's mother natures chemistry set, and these corporate entities want to isolate the compounds. Prepackage and sell them back to us individually. When you look at it like that it seems TPTB intend to keep depriving humanity the benefits of this plant.

Thanks for this info OP.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
They are on the wrong side of this argument...without doubt. I believe that they are doing this as the ultimate afront to our basic human rights. If we don't stand together on this issue....we will never stand together on ANY issue..

I hope this doesnt go through...but if it does. We need to unite together as one...pro cannabis / pro freedom against our adversaries.
People of every culture of every color of every race that believe that we have the right to free access of every plant that grows on this planet need to unite. We need to lay aside our differences and stand together as one on this issue. There will NEVER be a more clearcut issue then this one. Infact this issue will not go away ....because it is meant to bring a climax to the human experience.

If the people pushing to make the free use of this plant inaccessible .....were noble and upright in any way....and wanted to contest this issue like REAL men....let them challenge us face to face with no weapons to hide behind....let the battle be decided within the boudaries of pure war....where justice and equity decide the battle. But......I dont think they have it in them to wage a fair war....a manly battle. One fought in the purest of forms ....face to face ...hand to hand...man to man...and let righteouness prevail. They won't because they know they are wrong...they know they couldnt win such a battle.. They will have to resort to the filthiness of their weapons.....of their unfair advantages and have others do their dirty work. I really wish that they had the real power...the power to look a man in the eye standing toe to toe on level ground and at least believe they were doing the right thing....At least then we could respect them. Time will tell....

Edit to add.....hopefully this is an inaccurate OP ....and such a challenge to our basic human rights ...does not exist.
edit on 21-3-2016 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23
a reply to: wisvol

Actual Factual Information

I had a quote from the above link I was going to include, but now my browser has gone stupid, but a quick review of that short article reveals the truth. It's a US News article from 3/11.

That US News article is from 3/2015. It is true that the article addresses products that are mislabeled- they are not supposed to say they cure anything and/or misstated the amount of CBD.

But the OP is right- when asked, the FDA will say that products containing CBD can't be sold as a dietary supplement and the why is connected to pharmaceutical company trials.

FDA.gov

edit on 21-3-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

The FDA states that these products are in violation of the FD&C act, yet is less clear about if, when or how often they will enforce this. They do note that because it is in involved in drug trials, that is one of the main reasons it is against federal law to sell as dietary supplements.
edit on 21-3-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
FDA going Gestapo, huh?

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Yeah a ridiculous law that couldn't be policed entirely.

You looked for it, found it, shared it.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Full control is the goal. Look how they are handling the Essential Oil distribution. The FDA has cracked down on other natural alternative like Essential Oils. In this article it talks about how the FDA is restricting individuals from sharing their healing effects.

Excepts from the article

Wellness Advocates can no longer maintain independent websites listing the ways essential oils have benefited them.

Private citizens may not share written information on the Internet about how essential oils have improved their health, the health of their families, or the health of their clients.

Pharmaceutical companies are losing big money as researchers show what humans have known for a long time: by improving our health through diet, exercise, and natural remedies, we can avoid most reasons to go to the doctor and consume both over-the-counter and prescription drugs.

Aromatic plant oils precede medicine and pharmaceutical products by thousands of years. The National Institutes of Health's website has published thousands of peer-reviewed studies proving the benefits of these oils.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

OK, so I went to the Internets to check this out - apparently, the horrifying premise of the Natural News article is, thankfully, false.

Of course it is.

It always is, yet people still believe the bs that comes from natural news.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

OK, so I went to the Internets to check this out - apparently, the horrifying premise of the Natural News article is, thankfully, false.

Of course it is.

It always is, yet people still believe the bs that comes from natural news.

The NN article uses inflammatory language, but the FDA.gov page is very clear in saying the exact same thing.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Glad I live in Colorado.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I see its being "investigated as a new drug" because its being "authorized for drug investigations."

Does this mean hemp oil is technically illegal to be sold in states like Colorado?
edit on 21-3-2016 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
You guys know you can just type in www.fda.gov and actually see the actual things the FDA is saying about CBD's, right?

www.fda.gov...

Like, for example, all of these "natural products" contain NONE or virtually no CBD's, and so "warning letters" were sent.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join