It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fascinating Worlds of the Milky Way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

With over 100 billion Earth-like planets now thought to exist in the Milky Way, the possibilities for worlds that escape our imagination seem endless. These are some of the fascinating, naturally occurring and physically possible habitable worlds of our galaxy, some of which writers have imagined and others which scientists have predicted.

Since 2011 over 30 potentially habitable worlds have been detected. With the launch of the James Webb telescope in 2018 we might be able to see these worlds directly as a tiny group of pixels, and thus determine their atmospheric compositions. If life is widespread in the universe, our galaxy could see life thrive in the most unexpected places.

VIDEO HERE ALSO

Read more here:
The Fascinating Worlds of the Milky Way

edit on 21-3-2016 by thyextendedself because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2016 by thyextendedself because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/24/2016 by Blaine91555 because: fixed tags

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: thyextendedself

When you are quoting an article, it is supposed to appear like this -

With over 100 billion Earth-like planets now thought to exist in the Milky Way, the possibilities for worlds that escape our imagination seem endless. These are some of the fascinating, naturally occurring and physically possible habitable worlds of our galaxy, some of which writers have imagined and others which scientists have predicted. Since 2011 over 30 potentially habitable worlds have been detected. With the launch of the James Webb telescope in 2018 we might be able to see these worlds directly as a tiny group of pixels, and thus determine their atmospheric compositions. If life is widespread in the universe, our galaxy could see life thrive in the most unexpected places.

Other wise, it looks like you are trying to make it appear as if these are your own words.

On Topic -
I love this subject! There are so many planets out there that could be a new home for Man. If we'd just get off our collective butts and instead of building more bombs and giving CEOs a raise, we could develop the technology to get there. One big rock and we're gone. Back to the Iron Age if we're lucky and completely wiped out if one like Apophis hits. We need off this planet.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I have read that some scientists think there may be about 3,000 civilizations in the Milky Way Galaxy. I think some have been already paying us visits. And will continue to do so.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Sorry, one cannot know if I wrote that linked content, so I edited between quotes, however I did write it

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

Or some have agents already here, watching you. Meh Meh *shrug*, but that is none of my business. ;-)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The irony of seeking life on world's closely-identical to ours....

The universe by it's very nature is DIVERSITY.

Our human minds are seeking for something that would relate to our own self/biology/anatomy.

That is wet dreams.

DIVERSITY says, a range of different things. Our planet as ONE example, shows the type of diversity the universe creates.

To seek for the same thing we are, is to look in the universe expecting a reflection.

To seek for things with an open mind, not being restrained by conventional wisdom and understanding of life... is to look in the universe, not expecting mirrored-reflection, but diversity we may not understand.

Not the greatest way to get my points across, I explain it my best.

We have organisms that eat electricity for goodness sakes... HERE, on Earth. Biology can thrive-survive in the most unlikely environments.

What I'm saying, looking for like world's for like biological-lifeforms, is to narrow the search by 99%.

Rather, look, unbiased, open minded, and allow the search to do the investigation, and bring results (or not). We don't know what could be put there, some seriously funky things our minds don't want to or can't comprehend.

We are carbon. That is human. That is this atmosphere and planet, like one marble.

Other life forms may not be carbon-based for all we know. But what we do know, the universe always found a way for life to exist.

The planet Earth is alive btw, otherwise it could not be a host-body for life to thrive . There's the first species of biological life, planetary.
edit on 21-3-2016 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Yes but though life is probably diverse, one wouldn't want to be stuck in odd forms, its not needed. Seriously, Form and Function both matter. Otherwise you're not healthy psychologically. And this universe is a womb, ie Divine Mother.

Feminine energy is both equality, and compassion and beauty.

So, yes while I think there are other life forms, there are many that need to be set free and rescued from some dark side macho fascist, shoving their souls into predatory, ugly or strange bodies.

Thats not what souls need.

I want all living consciousness happy, safe, growing in safe places, loving and kind, and beautiful.

And Mom isn't going to stop until thats the case, PERIOD.
edit on 24-3-2016 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Also barren looking planets are not nice environments, they tend to have to create lushness within.

Alot of the planets are harsh and hellish and it makes you realize our universe is so close to a hellzone universe.

Maybe we can't see the higher levels or natures of things, maybe they're lush and beautiful in higher planes.

Maybe we're limited in only seeing lower dimensional forms of things.

edit on 24-3-2016 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join