It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump:I have a list of nominees for Supreme Court.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Donald Trump: I have a list of nominees for Supreme Court

"So I'm going to get a list of anywhere from five to 10 judges, and those are going to be the judges that I'm going to put in, it will be one of those judges, and I will guarantee it personally, like we do in the world of business, which we don't like to do too often," Trump said. "But I will guarantee it that those are going to be the first judges that I put up for nomination if I win. And that should solve that problem, and I think that's a good idea, right?"

If with anything Trump nominees would be not a moderate but a full blown NRA nominee.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TaleDawn

A lot of people have picks for nominations to the Supreme Court. The thing is, those picks don't matter and neither does Trumps. He's not president. I'm starting to think this guy doesn't really know what's going on.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
See my problem with Trump is that he speaks in such generalized terms that you can interprete it in whatever way you want, without actually knowing what he means. For all we know that list could just be a bunch of ultra liberal people that he has made a deal with in order to further his own business interests, without taking the needs of the country into consideration. One of those "I'll put one of your people on the Supreme Court and you do this for my business." Yes it has to be approved by Congress but again he's the "king of deals" so really who knows what's going on behind the scenes

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

I think he does. By speaking in such broad terms he let's his listeners paint their own picture of what he means, their own "utopia" that way everyone thinks they know what he means when actually he could mean something completely different

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Like usual, Trump is right. He looked into things and stuff and came to a conclusion. I agree with trump. He didnt know who before, but now he does. So do i now.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

All Republican candidates will nominate judges who have a history of supporting gun rights. The people voting for them are strongly in support of maintaining 2nd amendment rights. I'm not sure how this is confusing. What, exactly, do you expect?

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

What, exactly, do you expect?

A Moderate. A moderate would be a wiser pick for the Supreme Court then someone who has either ties to the NRA or is a full blown 2nd amendment nutcase.

My problem is with the NRA.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Trump knows what he is doing with the NRA. He will do what he can with them. I assume he is gonna look into it and find out what is going on with them.

Until then, this list he all we have. I dont know much about these people. Trump looked in to it and figured out he liked some people who exist. I agree with his pick. Ill figure out things about them later, but right now we need to pick one of them. Whichever one trump figured out the most about and likes the best.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MoonNova

Debating this with Trump supporters is rather pointless.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TaleDawn
Donald Trump: I have a list of nominees for Supreme Court

Are there any vacancies that Trump's nominee would fill?

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

I'm fairly for sure you are feeding the troll. I'm not sure what point MoonNova is trying to convey, but it is obviously done in sarcasm. Or they are trying to give Trump supporters a bad name.

Back on topic, why does it always sound like Trump is making everything up as he goes? He is like, "yeah, I'm gonna do this and some stuff, that is a good idea, I had a good idea." I would like him better if I thought he had coherent, well thought out, focused plans for the future.

Instead he says, oh it is good for business, like what I do when I get rich, let's try it with The United States of America. Basically, let's throw some sh^* at the problem and see if it goes away.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

How do you moderate on the Constitution? You either believe it says what it says or that you should be able to make up what you think it ought to say. I prefer the former type of judge since that it technically the judge's job while the second job is reserved to the people via the amendment process with lower down legislative duties reserved to the Congress.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Obviously.

You let it blind you to the reality that the 2nd says what it says, not what you might prefer it to say.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TaleDawn
Debating this with Trump supporters is rather pointless.

So only people who support Trump are pro-Second Amendment?

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
All politicians speak in general terms during campaigns. That is nothing new. The only sure thing I can say right now is Hillary is such a liar, and not honest what so ever. I do not want another 4 years of Obama/ Clinton in office.

edit on 3 21 2016 by Ceeker63 because: misspelled word

edit on 3 21 2016 by Ceeker63 because: misspelled word

top topics

join