It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is terrifying

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Any tech like this was probably available 15 years ago to governments.

edit on 20-3-2016 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
There have been technologies used to fake photos and video for a long time now and people are sitting in prison as a result of juries believing that the video or photo can't lie. It is a reality that should scare the bejesus out of anyone. However, to find yourself a victim of something like that, you have to be causing serious problems for the wrong people. When the technology becomes possible to be used by particularly nasty folks and loaded into a security video or wherever for law enforcement to find as the result of an investigation, who is going to know the difference? Once found by a forensic team in say a murder investigation, do you think you will be able to successfully convince the DA or a jury it really isn't you?

edit on 21/3/16 by spirit_horse because: typos

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Well it appears out friend was right!

Thanks to Imperium Americana for answering my question in this thread!

Spooky stuff man.

Link

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
wow good thread! Excellent find!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai

Any tech like this was probably available 15 years ago to governments.

I can guarantee it was and used for specific purposes. Like I said you really have to be causing problems for the wrong people to find yourself victim of that kind of surreptitious action. But, we are fast seeing these technologies being available to the public. Organized individuals with the capital to hire proper techs can cause real problems for innocent people if they are targeted to be set up for some reason. What you see as a juror, or even a government that locks citizens up without trial, lawyers, etc. is going to become suspect. We already accept eye-witnesses which are notoriously flawed. Video and photographic evidence is hardly questioned in the court of law today. But there are growing concerns for the credibility of such evidence as these technologies become available.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
This video was very interesting. Yes it is scary in a way.
But at the same time I feel that there is technology to counteract it. Programs that can show if videos have been altered and are legit or not, just as there is now with programs that determine if Photoshop has been used.

I would worry about perhaps a video not being determined as fake fast enough with how quickly news can now spread on the internet, and also mass hysteria, conspiracy theories and general idiots, however I am not super worried about this for the time being. I'm more excited about how advanced and amazing technology really is.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Jesus christ that is damn impressive. As someone who started 3d animating way back in 1992...colour me impressed. Even though its not perfect yet.

That's quite amazing.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

It can target individual homes as well as large broadcasts

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
There was a thread on here yesterday about it. I think it could be used for nefarious deeds if it was in the wrong hands. Then again, the motion picture industry could make movies with John Wayne and other long dead actors again.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
You guys should take 90 minutes or so and watch "Looker". It's a bit dated, but it's everything you could worry about and more!

Basically, a BigCorp decides to hire actors for first commercials, then political spots. Instead of them actually ACTING, they're scanned minutely with a big laser tomography setup, their voices analyzed, the whole thing fed into a computer, which then can generate them doing or saying ANYTHING, and it looks absolutely perfect.

In addition, they can add in a sort of visual hypnosis called 'LOOKER' which can be used to convince people to buy cars, use makeup or vote for the bad guys. Conversely, there's a 'LOOKER' weapon that can be used to render targets unconscious.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Thoughts of NWO,propaganda and disinformation come to mind, but then I quickly dismiss those ideas as any person could challenge a video and its authenticity, and that everyone would have to be in on it; in some kind of nefarious, magical, super plot, that just doesn't speak to my reality.

Such challenges were done daily, and for every Osama bin Ladin video, ever made. You didn't even have to know this technology was possible, although many of us did. What they didn't tell you in the video, is that they need to catch "facial expression" sequences, that then are re-enacted. Such overlaying, doesn't even require digital technology, but is quite similar to "voice" overlaying, which is about as old as stoneage in the digital world.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I need to run to the store and pick up some tinfoil first. Sounds awesome, thanks for the share!

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Considering it was written by Michael Crichton, I would have expected a bit more in terms of production values, but it's an interesting tale. BTW, the "LOOKER" weapon was an offshoot from some research he did during Andromeda Strain.

The gubmint did, I think, actually expend some research on whether that could be used as a weapon but I never saw or heard anything about it.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Topic already posted here, thread closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join