It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is terrifying

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Think about the ramifications of this technology, and consider that it was probably developed long ago.

You can make it appear someone has committed a crime, you can argue that someone captured on video committing a crime could have been doctored...

I think it's cool AF, but it's also pretty spooky.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
yes that true ...

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Thoughts of NWO,propaganda and disinformation come to mind, but then I quickly dismiss those ideas as any person could challenge a video and its authenticity, and that everyone would have to be in on it; in some kind of nefarious, magical, super plot, that just doesn't speak to my reality.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Holy Cow. Our perceptions of reality just became even more complicated. The things that are flashing through my mind right now, with what this could do, what it could mean---- Wow. I'm trying to think of some positive and useful applications, but I can't.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
They have an aircraft dedicated to this kind of meddling. They fly off shore of a country they want to subvert, capture a live speech of some official on the airwaves, feed it into software, rebroadcast the signal interrupting the speech to alter it… live.

hella confusing to the people.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yes, anyway you spin it there is the element of deception and trickery, no getting around that.
A step deeper into the abyss of distorted realities.
_________

edit on 3/20/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I would be really interested to learn more about that, any source? Perhaps you could do a thread?
edit on 2020160320161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
If technology like this is being made public then you can be sure governments know today how to subvert it.
edit on 20-3-2016 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

You speak as if that has happened, can you show some proof of live media altering that has occurred in order to subjugate some poor third world country?

Like, as if we needed more ways to subjugate poor people

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
It probably would be terrifying to those who tried to use it.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

You won't find any proof, it's left wing conspiracy mumbo jumbo.' Just another way Uncle Sam #s the people' - sentiment. Truthfully surreptitious activity is occurring but not in the obvious ways a basement warrior could yell," see, I told you so!"

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I read the article in the 80's, had pics of the plane and everything. If I had a link, I would have brought it.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Don't worry brother we take your word for it, God knows Uncle Sam has messed with us all every which way from Sunday.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Nifty software, Domo, however I would argue that facial actions alone do not a people subjugate, but the words that are spoken by said "figure" are what can do such things.

Now show me a software that can mimic a certain person's voice, and then combine it with this software, and there you have the scariest setup of software for propaganda war of the like we have not seen yet.

With voice software AND this facial reconstruction software, you could BE anyone, and SAY anything.. and people would buy it.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Actually it means there are some really stupid people who have no idea how to, "read between the lines".

edit on 20-3-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

Who are these "really stupid people" and which lines are we speaking of? I must qualify then. I'm happy to join the ranks

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

In a matter of speaking this is "cannon fodder".

Our enemies will try this and end up caught.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I saw this the other day. If this is now being touted about in public by this company -- its a safe bet that DARPA-funded labs or some other government agency has this technology.

For all we know it is already being used...

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

But if that is the case.. Why not just challenge the authenticity?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

That was my thought as well. It's probably been around and in a more impressive variation for a long while now.

It kinda freaks me out to be honest.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join