It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can’t Live Here If You Are Voting For Donald Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Man, if I was American, by now I would be ready to vote Trump out of pure spite!

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I'm thinking you are 100% spot on Sea.

Thanks for posting

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

The Fair Housing Act (Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968) introduced meaningful federal enforcement mechanisms. It outlawed:

Refusal to sell or rent a dwelling to any person because of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

I know. I am American, and the perverted desire to shove him down people's throats just to watch their heads explode is growing day by day.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Legally its legit; does not violate applicable fair housing, age, disabilities, nor civil rights acts. But dont be shocked when the turd looks like this

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The Crazy never ends! This guy can't be serious, it's rather silly dictating what someone should believe in order to rent a place out. What does this manager think will happen if he does?

There would have to be a valid reason like... being afraid of Anti Trump people finding out he's living there and causing a Riot, which so far they have as we've all witnessed in the past little while.

S/F

edit on 3/20/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
The Crazy never ends! This guy can't be serious, it's rather silly dictating what someone should believe in order to rent a place out. What does this manager think will happen if he does?

There would have to be a valid reason like... being afraid of Anti Trump people finding out he's living there and causing a Riot, which so far they have as we've all witnessed in the past little while.

S/F

more likely he got swirlied in high school and is an effimniate beta and this is his revenge

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: sjake111
Legally its legit; does not violate applicable fair housing, age, disabilities, nor civil rights acts. But dont be shocked when the turd looks like this

So basically, if someone of a group I want to keep out comes looking to rent, all I have to do is figure out their politics and tell them I don't rent to that ideology?

Sounds kind of like a thin reason to me. Not sure if you'd get that to stand up in a court of law.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Now I still think this is legal, but I may be wrong.

But I have to think, what if he had said this about Sanders supporters?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I think any person with common sense would not WANT to rent from a landlord who would post such a stupid requirement. Shows how small-minded he is, and is not a good omen for the future of living under his dictatorship. Next thing you know, he will insist on following his tenants to the voting booth and pushing the buttons for them.

This just shows how contentious this whole thing is becoming. People are so desperate to intimidate others to vote a certain way that they think they have the right to not rent to a person who has different views? Next thing employers will require their employees to vote a certain way or face unemployment, or colleges will require students to think and vote a certain way or face censorship.

Oh wait.. that college thing already happens too.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: sjake111

So basically, if someone of a group I want to keep out comes looking to rent, all I have to do is figure out their politics and tell them I don't rent to that ideology?

Sounds kind of like a thin reason to me. Not sure if you'd get that to stand up in a court of law.

assuming theres no state law against political affiliation discrimination (like colorado) the courts would likely not find that as unlawful discrimination..blatant discrimination would be not renting to blacks (a protected class) by maybe inlcuding in your ad no blacks allowed..unlawful discrimination may be proven by a history of not renting to blacks..this occurs often in employment discrimination cases where say a black person claims he wasnt hired because of his race..though theres no blatant proof (ie. included in the ad) saying blacks need not apply, a statistical analysis of the businesses hiring history could prove otherwise..practically you would likely be able to discriminate against anyone so long as you dont make any blatant statement or the like, which is practice occurs every day, but if it becomes a trend or is blatent thats when youve got problems

just to add, if you plan on undercover discriminating it would be wise to say no democrats before the black person shows up
edit on 20-3-2016 by sjake111 because: (no reason given)

also, youd likely have a solid case for discrimination if you were renting in a black neighborhood and said no democrats allowed, but not based on the political affiliation part but rather unlawful discrimination against a protected class..but that why lawyers get paid to argue this stuff
edit on 20-3-2016 by sjake111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
a reply to: carewemust

a reply to: intrptr

I totally understand. But due to the toa, I had to word it as titled from the original source. .

Thanks for posting

Understood. The media is setting a poor example...and they're becoming more illiterate and prone to hype as time passes. Thanks for clarifying, ReadLeader.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Why would anyone want to live somewhere that is clearly owned by a fascist jerk who thinks he has a right to tell people who they can vote for? He sounds like someone to avoid.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

True. What other nightmares will surface from someone such as this man. Opinionated control freak.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: sjake111

OK, but what happens when the black democrats are denied a place because you claim you don't rent to Clinton supporters, but they claim it's really that you don't want to rent to blacks?

Any bets on which way that jury will jump?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Basically, I agree with you, but since some groups are more protected than others, I think we ought to explore the hypocrisy inherent in some of the answers here.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Im not saying he is right to say it, but if it is his private property then shouldn't he have the right to determine who lives on his property. As for the Fair Housing Act does that apply to private property or only public property? I'm guessing it depends on the house itself. Is it considered public property and subject to the law if he is using it as a tax break?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The owner should be able to rule his property, too many laws otherwise.

Everybody should know all of the laws, or the gist of them anyway.

The owner must be an establishment Republican.

A Democrat would surely see the dissonance in the discrimination.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

He Will Rent to Criminals , Drug Dealers , Prostitutes , and other sources of Scum I bet .

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
*watches as all the conservatives that supported the cake bakers not baking cakes because it was against their belief system, suddenly change their tune because this deals with Trump*

PS, I stand beside any land owner or business owner who chooses how to run their business to be free from prosecution or legal recourse for exercising it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join