It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can’t Live Here If You Are Voting For Donald Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Here we go again. More Trump hatred, as it spreads like a wild fire. I am sure more folks will take up and follow suit.

Basically the landlord advises, that if you want to live in his rental, you cant be a Trumpolinian....

I'm pretty sure he (the landlord) is breaking some type of ˈprejədəs' laws. Let's see how many more will voice opinion and creativity try to stump the Trump!!

CBS Denver

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (CBS4) – A landlord in Grand Junction is not breaking the law by refusing to lease an apartment to anyone who supports Donald Trump for president.

According to The Daily Sentinel in Grand Junction, Mark Holmes is renting out a two-bedroom apartment on Main Street, but he refuses to rent to anyone who supports Trump.

“For rent: Downtown apartment, 2 bedrooms. Includes organic garden space, hot tub, great backyard. You can bring your dogs if they have references as good as yours. If voting for Donald Trump, do not call,” the ad in The Nickel states.

L I N K

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Isn't that technically legal as long as it's a private residence?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

It's his property and his right. Not saying I agree with it, but freedom means people are free to be jerks too.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
How small-minded of him. I don't like Trump one bit but this guy is an idiot.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: KingKelson

I think the Fair housing laws might disagree with him.

You can't deny rental for reasons of religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or sex. I should think mere politics would apply as well, or should...

This dude is just wrong, and wrong-headed.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

a reply to: KingKelson

IDK, but maybe one of our members that is Council can chime in on this. I just for some reason thought maybe discrimination would be something get the average Joe start a lawsuit with.

The thing that comes to mind is the cake shop that refused to make a cake for a gay couple and I think they got into legal problems. I'll have to research it.

Thanks for posting

ETA, legal, ethical or otherwise I am sure we will see a lot more people creatively trying to stump the trunk.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

If he was selling his property, you might have a point.

But he is simply "lending" his property to whomever he things will take care of it.

Of course, I could be completely wrong.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Your avatar always makes me smile.... Bill the cat.... lol

Back on topic, it will be interesting to see what the Trump supporters have to say about this and what actions s may take place, if any... Are the supporters as crude as the antis? We'll see..

Thanks for posting

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I would be surprised if that's legal. If it is, it shouldn't be.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It is called 'discrimination', and in this case, a private individual renting out his private property can do it legally.

I guarantee, however, if Donald were black, there would be an uproar about it.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Hmmm, you could probably befuddle the brainiac with "it's none of your effin business who I vote for."

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

This is very interesting, a worth while "what if" ... If the Trumpinator was African American, I wounder how different the general public would view him?? May deserve a thread of its own....

Thanks for posting Queen!

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Nah, he'd leap to the immediate conclusion that you were for Trump, and Bingo...no home for you.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This is why we have the secret ballot. You can vote for who ever you want and don't have to tell anyone who you voted for.

All hail Trump the master of the weird hair and rash statements.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I thought you were talking about ATS. Election Central now, it seems.

Who can blame anyone for not wanting to see the new threads page bombarded with fifty threads a day about politics.

If its a Dedicated Dilution Of Service attack, its working you long time lurkers.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I thought you were talking about ATS. Election Central now, it seems.

Who can blame anyone for not wanting to see the new threads page bombarded with fifty threads a day about politics.

If its a Dedicated Dilution Of Service attack, its working you long time lurkers.

Yes... definitely a poorly worded title for this thread as well. I sometimes long for the days when bandwidth was precious. Forums had stricter rules back then.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

a reply to: intrptr

I totally understand. But due to the toa, I had to word it as titled from the original source. .

Thanks for posting

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

If it's legal to discriminate based on someone's politics, then it should also be legal to discriminate based on gender, religion, sexual orientation, and every other protected class basis, too.

I fail to see how it's any different.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ket, agreed. Me still thinks the landlord is a bit discriminated (if that's a word). .... .

Thanks for posting

edit on 20-3-2016 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Damn, again...Finklestein#kidsonofabitch!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join