It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You need to defend Trump's freedom of speech even if you don't agree with what he's saying

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Trump’s most sinister and venal actions are the way he deceives his supporters.

He is a consummate conman.

He is almost at the point where he can tell some people that black is white and they’ll believe him.

He admitted himself that his followers wouldn’t even denounce him if he shot somebody.

This may be a massive black psychological operation on the scale of 911 going down or something more sinister and scary!

I hope not
edit on 21-3-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Trump has said many things that go DIRECTLY to violence.

There is such a thing known as suggestion and mass hypnosis.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
If Trump rallies are known by Progressives to be violent, then Progressives who go to them are inciting violence.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Semicollegiate
If Trump rallies are known by Progressives to be violent, then Progressives who go to them are inciting violence.

What about liberals who go to Trump rallies?

What about Democrats who go?

What about left libertarians?

What about Green Party?

What about American Communist party?

Etc,

Are you saying that being present at an event that is violent is causing that violence?

Those performing the violence aren't responsible for their actions?

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
But the problem is with that freedom of speech he will just make more people side with him... Speach is powerfull thing. . . Too powerfull in the hands of EVIL. Humans are easilly manipulated.

Thats why freedom of speach should have everyone that does not make people side with them. Freedom of Speach should be for talking, not making people believe your bull****

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone
But the problem is with that freedom of speech he will just make more people side with him... Speach is powerfull thing. . . Too powerfull in the hands of EVIL. Humans are easilly manipulated.

Thats why freedom of speach should have everyone that does not make people side with them. Freedom of Speach should be for talking, not making people believe your bull****

Sorry, that's one of the dangers of living in a free society.

I mean, I believe that Trump is full of BS too ... but he has a right to spout his craziness.

He doesn't have the right to incite his followers to violence. That's a terrorist act.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

What about liberals who go to Trump rallies?

What about Democrats who go?

What about left libertarians?

What about Green Party?

What about American Communist party?

Etc,

Are you saying that being present at an event that is violent is causing that violence?

Those performing the violence aren't responsible for their actions?

Mess with the bull, you deserve the horn. (common sense)

I'm sure "going there" isn't the problem. Obviously when a "protester" is involved in an incident, he has done something like try to command the attention of many many folks who came to see and hear Trump.

Ignoring the rudeness and stupidity is sophistry on your part.

edit on 21-3-2016 by Semicollegiate because: gammar goof

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Semicollegiate

Sophistry? Rich.

You made an irrational statement that an individual's knowledge that Trump rallies are often violent makes them responsble for the violence should they decide to be involved in some way. Your logic, such as it is, seems to be that Trump and his followers are no more culpable (or developed) than a violent animal, and therefore, they carry no responsibility for their actions because someone "put themselves in the bull's way."

Sophistry indeed. Except Trump protesters, though bull-headed, are not animals but are humans, and as such THEY are responsible for the violence they do. I don't find it surprising at all that you would deploy such a convoluted model to essentially blame the victim of violence for the violence, however. In fact, that's right in line with typical Trump ideation.

edit on 21-3-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Sophistry? Rich.

You made an irrational statement that an individual's knowledge that Trump rallies are often violent makes them responsble for the violence should the decide to be involved in some way. Your logic, such as it is, seems to be that Trump and his followers are no more culpable (or developed) than a violent animal, and therefore, they carry no responsibility for their actions because someone "put themselves in the bull's way."

Sophistry indeed.

Violence only occurs by his behavior.

Sophistry is all the Left has.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Apparently empty proclamations are all the anarcho-capitalists have.

Pick yer poison.

edit on 21-3-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

This is true, and Trump has messed with the American people. And they are pissed about the damage he has already done (never mind what he is capable of doing once he sits in power).

I don't know why all kid glove-ness though... I am perfectly ok with Trump's hatred being shouted down (not a 1st amendment issue), and I will join in to do the same... the same way I have many times in the past towards those that seek to pursue a destructive agenda. It's what a society that actually cares about itself does when someone comes along spouting division, hatred & fascism. It's about time. & hopefully not too late.

We all cheer when people stand up to bullies in movies, it's time to cheer the standing up to Trump the bully as well.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

This is true, and Trump has messed with the American people.

incorrect. The American people are more diverse than anti-Trump big government drones.

And they are pissed about the damage he has already done (never mind what he is capable of doing once he sits in power).

You know them all personally perhaps?

I don't know why all kid glove-ness though... I am perfectly ok with Trump's hatred being shouted down

Hatred is in the eye of the beholder. Need hate?

(not a 1st amendment issue),

True, the First Amendment is directed towards the government.

and I will join in to do the same... the same way I have many times in the past towards those that seek to pursue a destructive agenda. It's what a society that actually cares about itself does when someone comes along spouting division, hatred & fascism. It's about time. & hopefully not too late.

We all cheer when people stand up to bullies in movies, it's time to cheer the standing up to Trump the bully as well.

The Progressives are the bullies. They take 10 years of income from everybody.

Progressives are

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

incorrect. The American people are more diverse than anti-Trump big government drones.

It's weird to even hear a Trump supporter mention diversity. But I would put myself out there and say that the diversity by and large sits on the anti-Trump side.

That said, it's such a common meme of the right to say that the left desires big government. It's almost like they speak for the left on this point. No one on the left wants big government (I've never seen this stated in one thread by anyone on the left), but sees it as the only way to compete with the power of the corporatocracy that truly runs the system (certainly the "free-maket" run by the corporatocracy is no means of control). And yes I recognize the corruption in the current gov't and how intertwined with the corporate elite they are, which is why the first step is to remove the special interest money from politics. As far as social services go, the left wants government to be just big enough to take care of it's people, that's it.

You know them all personally perhaps?

Do I need to know everyone personally to know that there are a lot of citizens pissed about Trump's rhetoric. I don't see how this is something that is to be disagreed with, even if you support Trump (unless you are one of those true fringe elements that believe that all Trump protestors are plants).

Hatred is in the eye of the beholder. Need hate?

I am one of the people that think that progressives have gone too far in their hippy-dippy tolerance to the point of being tolerant of intolerance. Glad to see others feel the same and are standing up and being counted.

The Progressives are the bullies. They take 10 years of income from everybody.

Ridiculous. You know as well as I do that conservatives have raised taxes repeatedly when it comes down to it. They just want to funnel the money slightly more towards the MIC, oil industry, wealthy elite, etc.

Progressives are liberal fascism

Uh huh. Seeing as we have hard right conservatives (republicans) and fairly right conservatives (democrats) who are both corporatists embracing the capitalist system without a flinch, there isn't much in the way of liberalism here in the US. But the ultra right will bend any old definition to fit a fear-based agenda.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

In other words,
If a woman knows she might be raped if she walks down Beuford Avenue, and it happens, she can't blame the rapist because she asked for it.

Great logic. Solid. 10 out of ten.
edit on 22-3-2016 by LAkadian because: Spelling error

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LAkadian

In other words,
If a woman knows she might be raped if she walks down Beuford Avenue, and it happens, she can't blame the rapist because she asked for it.

Great logic. Solid. 10 out of ten.

Would she rather be able to blame the rapist, or not be raped?

It is the rapists fault, but she is raped because she took a short cut.

edit on 22-3-2016 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman
You need to defend Trump's freedom of speech even if you don't agree with what he's saying

You need to defend his freedom of speech. Even if his policies are divisive you need to allow him to express his views. If you are threatening violence because something he something that angers you then your an authoritarian and you are no different from the two authoritarian parties.
I don't agree with his policies nor do I agree with Hillary,Cruz or Bernie.

If we are a free country we have to let people have freedom of expression and freedom of speech.

People using violence(or the threat of violence) as a means of political coercion is wrong. That is what the authoritarians do.

Agreed. If you don't believe in the rights of those you may disagree with, then does one really believe in rights at all?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join