It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help with deciphering mystical symbols

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I saw a mystical symbol today that was written with white chalk on a building, the symbols measured about 2 feet wide and 4 feet tall. I immediately recognized it as something strange but I'm not sure of its meaning due to the mix of Norse runes and a greek symbol.

1. Topmost was the Anzus Norse rune; this means leadership, vision, power of words.
2. In the middle was The Philosophers Stone
3. At the bottom was the Othilla Norse rune; this means Inherited property, group order, property.

Here is a drawing I made from memory.

Any clues to the meaning? Individually I know what they mean but not combined, and why mix Norse runes and Acnient Greek symbols together? Hobo markings?

-MM

edit on 20-3-2016 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Looks like the fallen Watcher named Armers wants to teach you the solution of sorcery.

His full symbol is the second picture down on cornwall.esy.es... under the title 'Armers'.

Are you inclined towards chemistry or alchemy ?

Edit: Does 1341 mean anything to you ?
edit on 20-3-2016 by Rapha because: 1341

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The last symbol in your post was in the last episode of the tv series Sleepy Hollow. I don't know what it stands for. I've seen these symbols before.
The second symbol is the hermetic symbol of light.
www.ancient-symbols.com...
Now about the first symbol....Google Nordic runes. I believe that's where I've seen it before.
It's the Nordic rune symbols ansuz. It's about gaining knowledge and power.

edit on 20-3-2016 by Harut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The message is make your home on the phylosphers stone.
As for greek language and runes, they are fully complatible and perhaps have some similar roots. a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Found this interesting as I read runes. Writing runes in this way is rune magic. Was interested in why it would be combined with hermetic seal symbol and found this.

m.facebook.com...
TRANSMUTATION CIRCLES IN ALCHEMY

TRANSMUTATION CIRCLES IN ALCHEMY

Alchemy is the art of transmutation of the mind as well as metals. Transmutation circles are essential for the alchemist. These circles are required for any array because it represents circulation. Whether it be of energy or of material, circulation is at the "heart" or center of every reaction. Since alchemy is bound to the laws of physics, one cannot create or destroy energy, it only bends to the individual's will which leads him/her to shapes used in the array. Plainly, alchemy is the art of deconstructing material, and reconstructing it in the desired fashion.

A transmutation circle is usually drawn in chalk, pencil, ink, paint, blood or even traced in dirt. Without it, transmutation is generally impossible. The circle serves as a conduit which dictates the flow of power, and represents the cyclical flow of the Universal energies.

The transmutation circle consists of specific alchemical runes. These runes vary depending on ancient alchemical studies, and experimentation. Runes correspond to a different form of energy that allow the focused energy within the circle to be released in order to fit the alchemist's desired results. In basic alchemy, these runes will often take the form of triangles but may be composed of varying polygons built from the different triangles. There are 672 runes found in the Book of Runes which are ordered specifically with a value which forms an alchemical equation, and jointly they form a result. When runes are combined into a book, this powerful energy gives birth to a material object.

Runes Ansuz and Othala. Ancestral God (Odin) and ancestral property. Together they are the key to Asgard. They symbolise inheritance of knowledge and understanding. It also could involve an element of personal sacrifice.

This is from what I can make out an alchemical spell drawing on the power of their ancestors as sacrifice. Or using the hermetic seal to bind the two runes and create key to Asgard. Depends whether runes are to power seal or seal to bind runes really, which I can't quite get my head round.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: lifpixie

So why would anyone write this "spell" on a buiding? From what I can gather the building in question holds a center for people with drug addictions where they can get medical help etc.

-MM

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

I'm not sure to be honest. Writing in chalk is fairly typical as it's from the earth but won't last too long. In runic magic you want the symbols to be destroyed once the effect is no longer required.

There's a possibility somebody has used it on the building to benefit somebody seeking treatment there. Or it could be that the location holds a purpose for them or an ancestral link. Or it could be no link just a place to put it. Think that a temporary spell to benefit somebody there to find knowledge/light, and drawing on their own ancestral power as a sacrifice to achieve it sounds most logical.

Thinking more it is almost definitely runes to power seal as it's in between them.

edit on 20-3-2016 by lifpixie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

The above, non physical, the aesir such as Wodan (Odin) or simply portrayed as the upper world.
Below, body or the roots finding their way in the underworld.
In between is of course middle world where everything interacts with each other, circled because it is our reality of which we cannot escape.

One day Wodan will be knocking on your door, He will grab you with his big strong hands and drag you out of your cosy little home and take you to valhalla.
But before he does that, he'll makes sure you will lie at his feet in full surrender.
He beats you with his spear, clothes ripped from your body, despite the bleeding and you begging him to stop, he continues to beat you with his spear because he sees right through you and knows that there are still parts of you that resist him.
When you lie at his feet in complete surrender, he takes you his hall in valhalla.
In the hall you will be at the mercy of the werewolves, you are a slave to them and they have power over you.
But after a period of time you'll become immune to them, no matter how they try to force their will on you, you'll remain unaffected by their efforts and it does not go unnoticed.
Wodan has seen this transformation and decides it is time, he grabs you, takes you into the forrest, puts you in a leather bag and hangs you in the tree.
During the next nine days and nights you'll travel through the worlds of Yggdrasil and meet all the mythical creatures who live there.
After nine days and nights, the leather bag rippes open and you'll be reborn, Wodan the magus.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Alpha (Anzus) and Omega (Othilla), either side of 'the beginning and the end (outer circle); was (small circle), is (square) and shall be (triangle)'

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   

What do you mean by 'hobo markings'?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: daftpink

What do you mean by 'hobo markings'?

Markings that homeless put to guide other homeless. See this link for examples

-MM

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Does this mean anything to you?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Free doughnuts here!

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Reminds me of Brahmi and Harrapan inscriptions.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Could be a sigil that a solitary witch created, but I've seen the middle part in the lesser keys of solomon

new topics

top topics

join