It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Incursion Over the Hanford Atomic Plant – 1945 (Witness Interview)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I do like the stories from the 'early' days. So thanks for an original and interesting post.

Without jumping to any conclusion about what UFOs may actually be, they do seem to like to hover over military bases and nuclear installations. Perhaps it's all just a coincidence? Maybe the much higher security levels and surveillance around a nuclear installation than other facilities means things are spotted that would go unnoticed elsewhere?

You are right the data isn't complete enough to give us solid answers. But it certainly isn't incomplete enough to dismiss.

Kind Regards MM

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Mornin' "K,"

It's good to see you Frank and I hope you're well

Thanks and backatcha! I'm still upright and moving forward. :^)

I like these old accounts and especially so when they have several contemporary sources confirming the incident/s took place. As you're quick to point out, there 'isn't enough data' to draw conclusions from. There's not much left for us to do aside from speculate to our heart's content and wonder.

My response was was specific to a query that I presumed was in reference to "aliens." Ove asked, "So what are they [my emphasis] interested in, Frank ? what do they want ?"

"If" I'm not taking liberties with Ove's questions, and the inference was re "aliens," then my answer applies, beginning with arguments from who is piloting unidentified craft and more curious what is the intent. Conversely, there are conclusions and hypotheses we can draw from UFO sightings given that in some cases they exhibit thermal effects, atmospheric effects, radar returns, photographic evidence, em effects and forensic evidence (trace cases), etc.

So many of these pre-Arnold sightings seemed to focus around scenes and locations where military or defence technology were active; it's only reasonable to let our minds explore the implications.

There were a high number of UFO sightings recorded in and or around military locals in the early days (and on) and some have argued given that these sensitive areas were guarded, that this very fact increased sightings of seemingly unusual aerial phenomenon. Of course from a research perspective this is the wheat/chaff scenario.

On the other hand, there are other documented sightings that occurred in rural Australia and over SW England. For example, Keith Basterfield recently blogged about an Aussie report that was intriguing and around the same time as Clem's. As fast as anyone sees a pattern, further reading reduces the perceived pattern to noise. Aubeck, Vallee and Shough's examples point to a variety of phenomena across the ages and in all locations.

The open mind is perpetually boggled by the diversity of these reports (Fort's 'damned data') whilst others sigh and dismiss them. Isn't it always the way?

The further back we go, of course we then have to negotiate the fog of time and its inherent problems, e.g., language barriers, definitions, dialects, idioms and belief systems of the time, etc. In my view, human beings make good witnesses as long as accounts are recorded post haste and "description of events" is the focus and NOT interpretation (from the witness(es).

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Frank Warren

I'm speculating...that the instance where brief bogey radar contact was made over the Hanford Atomic Plant --- as recorded by Hasting's --- was possibly due to the Foo Fighter being out of it's plasma phase [whether in it's bluish-white or fiery reddish-orange power surge], since the plasma simply absorbs radar waves --- making the alien craft completely radar stealthy.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Thanks and backatcha! I'm still upright and moving forward. :^)

Good to hear

Conversely, there are conclusions and hypotheses we can draw from UFO sightings given that in some cases they exhibit thermal effects, atmospheric effects, radar returns, photographic evidence, em effects and forensic evidence (trace cases), etc.

I take a similar view and agree that some reports lend themselves more readily to explanations that, at least, entertain the possibility of intelligently controlled objects. It's the possibilities that keep our minds interested even though certainties remain as evasive as a will 'o' the wisp drawing us into the woods.

A few years ago, there was a little-known interview that caught my attention and relates, slightly, to your OP in as much as it appears to be a decent foo-style encounter. I spent a little time looking to learn more about the reporter and looked through the Grudge reports in case it was in there. No joy, so it remains a single-person claim and I couldn't verify Hanchett either. Nevertheless, it's an interesting anecdote and absent any hyperbole just like Clem's...

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing, Frank. Among UFO reports the Foo Fighter ones strike me as the most interesting.

From the credibility of the witnesses to the behaviors of the light and the timing - the cusp and fulfillment of modern warfare & science. Foo Fighters 'seem' to be the real deal for otherworldly phenomenon.

My impression of these balls of light 'without structure' is something more akin to an animal. They appear curious about human advances in technology as it pertains to warfare more than anything else (benevolent or malicious attributes aside).

Like a crow that watches you tinkering away in the front yard. Smart, curious, doesn't want to interact with you... just watches then flies off if interfered with. So maybe they're not otherworldly at all.... who knows, but fun hopeful speculation.

Again thanks for sharing. These older reports are gold.
edit on 22-3-2016 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Maybe the much higher security levels and surveillance around a nuclear installation than other facilities means things are spotted that would go unnoticed elsewhere?

Thats the sense you get from watching Mufon's Hangar1, lots of cases, most of which appear to have little investigation beyond the initial report.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Mornin' K,

A few years ago, there was a little-known interview that caught my attention and relates, slightly, to your OP in as much as it appears to be a decent foo-style encounter. I spent a little time looking to learn more about the reporter and looked through the Grudge reports in case it was in there. No joy, so it remains a single-person claim and I couldn't verify Hanchett either. Nevertheless, it's an interesting anecdote and absent any hyperbole just like Clem's...

Most interesting .... Correct me if I'm wrong, it's looks as if the recording was first brought to light by Wendy (Connors)? Unfortunately, given her health, I wouldn't want to bother her.

Did you check with the NPRC? Of course Hanchett is not an uncommon name, and a query might bring back multiple results.

With your permission, I'd like to publish your video for our readers at TUFOC.

Please advise.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
M-Man, Erno, Jason,

Your most welcome.

originally posted by: Erno86

I'm speculating...that the instance where brief bogey radar contact was made over the Hanford Atomic Plant --- as recorded by Hasting's --- was possibly due to the Foo Fighter being out of it's plasma phase [whether in it's bluish-white or fiery reddish-orange power surge], since the plasma simply absorbs radar waves --- making the alien craft completely radar stealthy.

Erno, to be clear no one (on this end) said, "alien craft."

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I am currently reading William Birnes new book "UFO Hunters-2" and read a section about the military and ufo experiences going back for many decades and he too mentioned the ufo's in the 40's seen at Hanford. Malstrom was brought up too, and the fact the ufo's had the ability to basically turn off the missiles in the silos when they were on the base. It was also mentioned at some military base in Russia there was a sighting back in the 50's of a ufo seen that was estimated to have been about 900 feet long.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

PM waiting

Sure, you can use the video in any way you choose to. It'll be good if others can chase down any supporting or conflicting details.

Iirc I drew a blank matching his name to the period and had a look through Army pilots as well USAF. It's possible that someone better versed in the pursuit of veterans will have more success. Hanchett wasn't as common as you might expect which could be a good thing with the right search.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I hope you don't mind me having already posting a thread about your video along with Kandinsky's vid --- over at UFO Casebook Forum. If you do mind...I apologize.

Thanks,

Erno

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Frank Warren
M-Man, Erno, Jason,

Your most welcome.

Erno, to be clear no one (on this end) said, "alien craft."

Cheers,
Frank

Ever since my 76 UFO sighting (and other peoples UFO sightings as well)...I done a lot of speculating on how alien starships tick. If you like...I can roughly explain them to you on this thread.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I hope you don't mind me having already posting a thread about your video along with Kandinsky's vid --- over at UFO Casebook Forum. If you do mind...I apologize.

Thanks,

Erno

No worries.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
K,

originally posted by: Kandinsky

PM waiting

Sure, you can use the video in any way you choose to. It'll be good if others can chase down any supporting or conflicting details.

Thanks!

Iirc I drew a blank matching his name to the period and had a look through Army pilots as well USAF. It's possible that someone better versed in the pursuit of veterans will have more success. Hanchett wasn't as common as you might expect which could be a good thing with the right search.

I did a cursory look and came back with several "Hanchett's"; having made queries to the NPRC in the past without service and or SSN's it's like throwing darts. Wendy donated most of her research to Rod, I'll run it past him and see if there's anymore more info.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I think these sightings have been ongoing, and still happening in the present day over nuke storage areas. I saw a disk hover over Manzano weapons storage facility on Kirtland Air Force Base in 1987, and they had to lock the base down. The higher ups were telling the grunts the lock down was being done because 2 Russian spies were on the base attempting to photograph the multi function displays on an EA6B Prowler which are still classified today. The funny thing is, this cover story was actually true, but the disk that was messing around the nuke area was also happening at the same time.
The craft hovered for a couple minutes then moved off over Coyote canyon and then zipped away at lightning speed, and when it did that, it glowed a very bright red. Me and a relative were driving around the outskirts of the base when we saw it.
Saw a lot of strange stuff on that base that year.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Frank Warren
Mornin' TMF,

originally posted by: TheMalefactor

Really interesting stuff. I know a couple of people who used to live in the Hanford area. Some even worked in the vicinity of the plant. I have heard everything from stories of light-like orbs flying around power poles to strange triangular crafts with trailing ball-like red luminescent drones overflying the facility. The sheer number of UFO stories I have heard from people passing through the area, I gotta admit makes me uncomfortable.

Even completely ignoring the environmental issues, something really weird's been going on there for awhile.

The UFO/nuke connection is as old as modern Ufology itself; the powers-that-be noticed and were concerned about a high concentration of then Flying Saucers sightings and nuke weapons sites very early on. It was written:

". . . sightings were pinpointed on a map. . . . a Pentagon representative . . . noted that a number of concentrations duplicated exactly the area of atomic energy installations."

Cheers,
Frank

Could the nuclear power plants be creating these sightings? Maybe stray particles are creating lenticular clouds with large raindrops?

Some nuclear power plants are used to create the specific isotopes to make weapons (Uranium-238). These isotopes don't exist in high proportions in the natural environment and they hang around for a long time while they decay. Just look at Fukushima. So there's two concerns. One is that these reactors aren't 100% failsafe, and that we could be making weapons.

How would another technology civilization know that a particular building is a nuclear power plant. Are they able to detect gamma particles or some other sub-atomic particle that can go through lead, like neutrinos perhaps?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
If they are who we think they are, then perhaps they need energy or just attracted to energy? Maybe they can see the reactor core pool thru the cement dome; like x-ray vision?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal

HAHAHA WOW!! Thank you, that made my day. I'm absolutely floored that supposedly intelligent people still vehemently deny a phenomenon that has been occurring for the entire history of our species.BRAVO ONEGOAL!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I think these sightings have been ongoing, and still happening in the present day over nuke storage areas.

Good Day NCA,

They do continue to current times; for example there were sightings reported during the launch system disruption in 2010, at FE Warren missile fields.

Cheers,
Frank
edit on 26-3-2016 by Frank Warren because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Good Day Storm,

Could the nuclear power plants be creating these sightings? Maybe stray particles are creating lenticular clouds with large raindrops?

When it comes to ufology, I try to leave everything on the table; however, for clarity in this instance (for this thread) we're talking about "nuke weapons" locations, missile launch sites, storage facilities etc. Although the myriad of sightings run the gamut, many reports are of nuts 'n' bolts craft that are seemingly under intelligent control. Moreover, we mustn't forget instances where nuclear missiles have been rendered to a no go status and would not have been able to be launched in the event of a nuclear war.

Cheers,
Frank

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join