It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Incursion Over the Hanford Atomic Plant – 1945 (Witness Interview)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Greetings All,

As part of Robert Hastings upcoming documentary, "UFOs and Nukes: The Secret Link Revealed," and a corresponding article he wrote:

UFO incursions at U.S. atomic/thermonuclear weapons sites, from the 1940s onward, are detailed in thousands of declassified Army, Air Force, Navy, FBI, and CIA documents. Moreover, hundreds of U.S. military veterans have now discussed their involvement in one or more of those incidents in video interviews.

One of them, former U.S. Navy Lieutenant Junior Grade Clarence R. “Bud” Clem, says that a UFO monitored one of our fissile materials facilities—the Hanford plutonium-production plant in Washington State—on three different nights in January 1945, some seven months before Hiroshima and Nagasaki were bombed. Clem says that members of his Navy Hellcat F6F fighter squadron chased them away.

UFOs and Nukes researcher Robert Hastings first learned of the incidents when Clem wrote to him in 2009, but it was not until December 2013 that funds became available to capture the former fighter pilot on video:

Aside from the UFO/Nuke connection, this is one of the rare pre-1947 sightings.

The entire article can be read here: www.theufochronicles.com...

Cheers,
Frank
edit on 20-3-2016 by Frank Warren because: Missing content

edit on 20-3-2016 by Frank Warren because: Correcting vid code

edit on 20-3-2016 by Frank Warren because: Correct vid code

edit on 20-3-2016 by Frank Warren because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

edit on 8112016402016-03-20T13:28:40-05:0020160pm400128 by Boscowashisnamo because: no reason given.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

Sorry Bosco ... was having problems posting. I guess I'm rusty.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Frank Warren

Sorry Bosco ... was having problems posting. I guess I'm rusty.

Cheers,
Frank

No apologies necessary. I was being catty, therefore I apologize. Good post. S&F'd.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Frank Warren

as a native Washingtonian, I must say, I have not heard of this before now, but not at all suprised, for as you stated ufo's have had an interest in as long as there has been weaponry produced, but especially of the nuclear kind. That is of their highest interest it seems. I also recall the Malstrom AFB incident in Montana at their facility in I think it was around 1965 so there have been a large amount, and many many more sightings and incidents at military stations over the decades.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091

as a native Washingtonian, I must say, I have not heard of this before now, but not at all suprised, for as you stated ufo's have had an interest in as long as there has been weaponry produced, but especially of the nuclear kind. That is of their highest interest it seems. I also recall the Malstrom AFB incident in Montana at their facility in I think it was around 1965 so there have been a large amount, and many many more sightings and incidents at military stations over the decades.

I too hail from the Evergreen State. Maury Island Incident of 1947 was a biggie, and the Dr Reed case(hoax or not) makes for interesting reading. If you have the chance, make a visit to the Gilliland Ranch for a few days. I went 2 summers ago, and witnessed things I couldn't explain or believe.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Good Day Data,

Hanford was no stranger to UFO activity; however, the a fore mentioned is significant (aside from the obvious nuke connection) in that it was pre-1947. In '49 fighter jets were again scrambled to intercept UFO, and another sighting occurred there in '52.

The Malmstrom events occurred in '67.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

thank you for the clarification on the year date and ufo's seen. And for the Malstrom date too.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

thanks for the tip. I have not heard of this ranch so googled it and I see its in the Mt. Rainier area which doesn't surprise me, given the ufo history of this area as well.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Data,

thank you for the clarification on the year date and ufo's seen. And for the Malstrom date too.

Your very welcome!

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Thanks for posting Frank. These verifiable accounts by older gentlemen always seem to have more believability to me, than many of the more recent examples.
People seemed more honest and trustworthy from back then, tho there are exceptions.
Its a shame more people from that period thru to the 1970s, in the military, didn't come forward as well.
For every "They landed at Edwards Air Force Base and met the President" story around, there must have been many Military personnel who witnesses these events.....now sadly gone, and their experiences gone with them.
The great fear of Treason, Federal incarceration and loss of pension etc, drummed into them by their senior staff.
Loose lips sink ships......etc.

I wonder if this fireball was one of the "Foo Fighters"??

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Really interesting stuff. I know a couple of people who used to live in the Hanford area. Some even worked in the vicinity of the plant. I have heard everything from stories of light-like orbs flying around power poles to strange triangular crafts with trailing ball-like red luminescent drones overflying the facility. The sheer number of UFO stories I have heard from people passing through the area, I gotta admit makes me uncomfortable.

Even completely ignoring the environmental issues, something really weird's been going on there for awhile.
edit on 21-3-2016 by TheMalefactor because: typing while tired = stupidity

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Here's a similar account from Hanford;

“On the night of December 10, 1952, near another atomic installation, the Hanford plant in Washington, the pilot and radar observer of a patrolling F-94 spotted a light while flying at 26,000 feet. The crew called their ground control station and were told that no planes were known to be in the area. They closed on the object and saw a large, round, white ‘thing’ with a dim reddish light coming from two ‘windows.’ They lost visual contact but got a radar lock-on. They reported that when they attempted to close on it again it would reverse direction and dive away. Several times the plane altered course itself because collision seemed imminent.”

Source

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Nope. Its just a conspiracy to get you to believe there are aliens visiting.

Its all swamp gas and weather balloons.

Nevermind the cave drawings, references to flying craft throughout history, paintings from the renaissance depicting otherworldly beings and craft from the skies, and the millions of stories spanning tens of thousands of years from people all across the world, ranging from the intellectual and sharp to the wacky and odd.

Yep, nothing to see here, move along. Just a giant conspiracy to get you to believe that aliens are visitng us, perpetuated by millions upon millions of people. In truth we're the only beings in the Universe, because this is actually the inside of a black hole created by a star named jesus. And that whole "kepler" project by "nasa" supposedly having already found earth sized planets in the goldilocks zone, and this is only with a sample size of a few thousand out of trillions upon trillions of planets....yep, all hogwash.

And that time i was greeted at night by 3 grey beings, pure fantasy.

I mean to tell yea, it really makes me want to just attack a persons character and degrade their reputation to the point of absurdity if they even think aliens exist, let alone visit us, because lets face it, i know everything.

Did you know the Earth is actually flat too, with reptilian elves that pull little levers in the ether zone between the flat part and the...uh...other part.

Yea. An unfortunately large amount of people are clueless and really excercize their right to free speech and wanton judgment a lot more than excersizing their right to rational thought, compassion, and logic.
edit on 21-3-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Good Day Gort,

originally posted by: gort51
Thanks for posting Frank. These verifiable accounts by older gentlemen always seem to have more believability to me, than many of the more recent examples.
People seemed more honest and trustworthy from back then, tho there are exceptions.
Its a shame more people from that period thru to the 1970s, in the military, didn't come forward as well.

Many have. Specific to nuclear weapons facilities, missile launch sites, etc., Robert Hastings has interviewed over 150 former missileers and several appear in his upcoming documentary. Certainly the larger percentage of military witnesses haven't come forward and I would add to your description of "honest and trustworthy," (generally speaking) that veterans of the the WWII era, as well as Korea were/are true blue and if they were told to stay quiet they did.

For every "They landed at Edwards Air Force Base and met the President" story around, there must have been many Military personnel who witnesses these events.....now sadly gone, and their experiences gone with them.
The great fear of Treason, Federal incarceration and loss of pension etc, drummed into them by their senior staff.
Loose lips sink ships......etc.

I wonder if this fireball was one of the "Foo Fighters"??

No doubt that many witnesses took their experiences to the grave and others shared events with family and or close friends. Racing the undertaker is a common phrase for older cases and their respective witnesses.

Foo Fighter certainly comes to mind re the '45 Hanford events.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Mornin' TMF,

originally posted by: TheMalefactor

Really interesting stuff. I know a couple of people who used to live in the Hanford area. Some even worked in the vicinity of the plant. I have heard everything from stories of light-like orbs flying around power poles to strange triangular crafts with trailing ball-like red luminescent drones overflying the facility. The sheer number of UFO stories I have heard from people passing through the area, I gotta admit makes me uncomfortable.

Even completely ignoring the environmental issues, something really weird's been going on there for awhile.

The UFO/nuke connection is as old as modern Ufology itself; the powers-that-be noticed and were concerned about a high concentration of then Flying Saucers sightings and nuke weapons sites very early on. It was written:

". . . sightings were pinpointed on a map. . . . a Pentagon representative . . . noted that a number of concentrations duplicated exactly the area of atomic energy installations."

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

The UFO/nuke connection is as old as modern Ufology itself.....

So what are they interested in, Frank ? what do they want ?
edit on 21-3-2016 by Ove38 because: text fix

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Good Day Ove,

originally posted by: Ove38

If it's a "they" we're talking about, there simply isn't enough data to form a solid theorem. Conversely, many have speculated that sightings at or near nuke weapon sites is due to benevolence and concern by "them."

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Good Day Ove,

If it's a "they" we're talking about, there simply isn't enough data to form a solid theorem. Conversely, many have speculated that sightings at or near nuke weapon sites is due to benevolence and concern by "them."

Cheers,
Frank

It's good to see you Frank and I hope you're well

I like these old accounts and especially so when they have several contemporary sources confirming the incident/s took place. As you're quick to point out, there 'isn't enough data' to draw conclusions from. There's not much left for us to do aside from speculate to our heart's content and wonder.

So many of these pre-Arnold sightings seemed to focus around scenes and locations where military or defence technology were active; it's only reasonable to let our minds explore the implications.

On the other hand, there are other documented sightings that occurred in rural Australia and over SW England. For example, Keith Basterfield recently blogged about an Aussie report that was intriguing and around the same time as Clem's. As fast as anyone sees a pattern, further reading reduces the perceived pattern to noise. Aubeck, Vallee and Shough's examples point to a variety of phenomena across the ages and in all locations.

The open mind is perpetually boggled by the diversity of these reports (Fort's 'damned data') whilst others sigh and dismiss them. Isn't it always the way?

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Good Day Ove,

Cheers,
Frank

Gee...thanks Frank.

Your thread, and other's like it, is one reason why I search forums or websites that post UFO sightings similar to my own. It's very gratifying for me to hear and read about this Hanford UFO sighting --- So much that it harkens me back to my own UFO sighting...approximately 40 miles west of Washington D.C. --- one night in November, 1976 --- that included my sighting of a hi-speed bluish-white object [in our atmosphere], travelling in a east/west direction from Washington D.C --- then one minute later --- a HUGE [approx. 700 feet in diameter] spherical (with no fiery tail) fiery reddish-orange ball of fusion plasma...suddenly appearing below the low thin cloud cover in a slow (approx. 30mph] perpendicular descent to Earth; about one mile away from us. It looked like a miniature sun...with swirling plasma currents, licking flames and under intelligent control too boot.

No doubt in my mind that it was a classic "Foo Fighter" of the otherworlder kind!!!

Special thanks to Robert Hastings.

Cheers,

Erno
edit on 21-3-2016 by Erno86 because: added a word

edit on 21-3-2016 by Erno86 because: added a few words

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join