It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Christ returned, what would he do?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: gell1234
Do you really believe that's possible?
a reply to: DISRAELI

You've seen When Mars Attacks, right?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: gell1234

You need to read Revelation.

When He returns, He will not be the Christ we remember from the Bible, but something else. He will be the Judge and Jury separating the sheep from the goats. He will be the general at the head of the host.

There won't be any mundane life stuff going on.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Only the ones who don't spend much time thinking about it.

No one with half a brain wants Revelation and the deaths of billions although most of us do want what comes after. I just wish there was a way to get past all the death and destruction to get there.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Never existed, never was, and eternity does not even make sense.

That's ok, he doesn't mind you feel that way.
Btw, I'm not a christian.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
He'd be ridiculed as a social justice warrior and be the butt of cruel Internet memes. His clothes would make him a bum, his ideas would make him a commie, his beard would make him a hipster and he'd probably be beaten to death by crazed evangelicals for performing various acts of witchcraft.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: gell1234

Save all the poor starving ethiopeans, and kenyans... Probably burn all of the US to the ground, run from canada like a little girl does a spider... Party with mexico.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Syllar
He wold be dismissed as a charlatan... Unless he could do some outstanding miracles.

Various people From ATS would vigorously insist that it wasn't Jesus, but was actually military flares, Mylar party balloons or Chinese lanterns.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

kellyprettybear...best answer! you win the internet tonight!!!

this thread reminds me of this song www.youtube.com...
edit on 21-3-2016 by research100 because: dang spelling

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Let me clarify, My prayer was for god to stay his hand, and spare people to continue to give them a chance, I cannot find any joy in the suffering of others while I watch in paradise, if I made it that is.

If you have accepted the Lord's finished work at the cross and His resurrection, then you have "Made It".
This "Made It" is Guaranteed by the Holy Spirit who was (and is) sealed within you from the moment you first believed until the Day of your Redemption.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Jesus has come for the first time, not the second. The closing words of Revelation are "Come Lord Jesus, Come", not "Come Again." He is also the Jewish Mashiach and the Muslim Mahdi. He is named 'judge' and 'law' with a name that sounds like Jesus but isn't. He is 46 and British.

He is known to the majority of the population. He is known to some of the minority, but they don't know what to make of him. He works alone in the dark, decrypting and processing masses of information.

He has been born into one of the Abrahamic traditions but rejects them all so as to satisfy all the prophecies and not to favour one of the other which would be disastrous.

He has the capacity to comprehend all the corruption of governments, the Church and all other institutions across all faiths. He has a unique understanding of scripture and a completely different and new way to interpret it in the context of today so that it is relevant. He has used this to lay the foundations of a new religion which many in the majority are enticed by but nobody will make the first move. He is discussed in the shadows in unintelligible whispers which he has come to understand.

As he learns more of all threads of mankind and humanity he judges and drafts the Book of Life.

And then he will prepare the Power and the Glory born as humans forty years after him. He must endure the labels of 'mentally ill' and the treatments so that they do not. He gains his strength from his maltreatment. He will know the best way to protect them from his experiences. Numerous attempts have been and will continue to be made on his life. He will transform to be Merlin, mentor to Arthur and Gwenevere. A year after they reach majority he will hand over the Book of Life for them to decide the fate of the species. They affirm or reject his judgement with their own minds and will pass sentence. One will hold heaven, the other will hold earth.

Jesus will warn the populations of the Earth of his mission and tell them to mend their ways before judgement. They will be given 14 years until the completion of the Book of Life, the sum of his knowledge, and 16 years until sentence.

By Easter 2030 the walls of deception including the Abrahamic traditions must be dismantled. The kings and counsel that make war with Jesus must be removed. The governments must be on his shoulders, ie on his side. The new religion must have been given an opportunity to flourish. Arthur and Gwenevere must see that there is optimism for the species and that it is worth continuing. They must feel safe in their environment. If these criteria aren't met then Jesus will press for the end of the species in his judgement speech. But, as I say, the sentence will be theirs to decide at Easter 2032. They might be lenient, they might not. Ultimately they will simply reflect mankind and humanity who will be the ones responsible for their fate.

The 14 year clock starts this Good Friday.

edit on 21-3-2016 by Koban because:

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Christ is the Angel of Death. His actions should be understood as neccessary; that there can be no peace until the warlike are utterly destroyed. His love will be reserved for the the just.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Robert Reynolds
Christ is the Angel of Death. His actions should be understood as neccessary; that there can be no peace until the warlike are utterly destroyed. His love will be reserved for the the just.

His Love is reserved for the whole world, both those that accept Him and those that reject Him. John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

His Eternal Presence is reserved for those that have accepted the Son.

Matt 7: 21“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22“Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23“And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’

And again the Lord teaches just what that Will of the Father is:

John 6:28 Therefore they said to Him, “What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God?” 29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.”

It is not His will that any should perish - 2 Peter 3:6. Those that reject the One the Father has sent will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven even if they did tons of "Mighty Works" while invoking the name of Jesus. Unless they have asked Jesus into their hearts (i.e. unless the Lord knows them personally), those Mighty Works are viewed as if they are working evil in the Lord's sight. Without the Son in their hearts they are Cino's - Christians in Name Only.

BTW: The Lord states that He never knew them - not we met once and you walked away or we used to hang together but you did some pretty bad stuff so I walked away. Nope - He Never knew them at all. They Never had asked Him into their hearts.

I understand that there are some (many??) that do not accept biblical scripture as authoritative. However the OP asked this question regarding the central figure in scripture so it is only appropriate that scripture is quoted to answer the question.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RandallB
Considering it's origins, it's content and the history of Christianity - I'd consider it very optimistic that The Holy Bible is the uncontestable word of God. I consider it a very important book, but if one's objectivity is compromised by absolute faith in a system there lies opportunity for corruption.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Robert Reynolds

Completely agree regarding the checkered "History of Christianity". By "History of Christianity" I mean the efforts that we humans have done over the years to add human "traditions" and "practices" to the scripture that was originally given. "Dark Ages" and "Cleansing of those that don't believe what we believe" are only two of the terrible results.

Also Agree that we need to assure ourselves that we have as close to the original scriptures as possible - that will greatly cut down on the corruption that you talk about.

Jesus was very angry at those who had added human "tradition" and "practices" to what had been originally given to them.
He used words such as "Brood of Vipers" and "Hypocrites". Not pretty words.

Knowing what is really stated in Scripture is certainly a worthy endeavor.

edit on 21-3-2016 by RandallB because: spleling

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: RandallBI'm not a Christian, but I do regard the character of Jesus (or the character behind the Christian jesus) to be a divine teacher and saviour of those that have the 'ears to hear'. I don't think that he was a pacifist though.

I believe that the only real war that has ever taken place, to be the conflict between light and darkness and that the battlefront is matter; that matter is the mixture of light and darkness and that the material universes progress towards thermal equilibrium (decay) is the light being liberated from the darkness.

If you could get your enemies to respond to evil actions with only love and forgiveness it would be a masterstroke of propaganda.

I like the parable of the weeds.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Robert Reynolds
a reply to: RandallBI'm not a Christian, but I do regard the character of Jesus (or the character behind the Christian jesus) to be a divine teacher and saviour of those that have the 'ears to hear'. I don't think that he was a pacifist though.

I believe that the only real war that has ever taken place, to be the conflict between light and darkness and that the battlefront is matter; that matter is the mixture of light and darkness and that the material universes progress towards thermal equilibrium (decay) is the light being liberated from the darkness.

If you could get your enemies to respond to evil actions with only love and forgiveness it would be a masterstroke of propaganda.

I like the parable of the weeds.

Hello Robert,

I have taken several semesters of courses on the physics of light. One at the graduate level that was specifically centered on the properties of light.

Believe me. Light is a thing.

Light is interesting in that it is both a particle and a wave, depending on how you are observing it. It has been slowing down since the creation of the universe due to the increase of Zero Point Energy. It started out about 1.8 million times faster than it is today. This has affected Planck's constant as well as the ratio of the permittivity and permeability of free space, thus radioactive decay has also correspondingly been affected. We are living in a 6,000 year old universe.

see www.setterfield.org...

Believe me. Light is a thing.

It obeys rules. We can affect it. We can bend it. It evens obeys mass/gravity rules. Light is forced to obey the bending of space around massive objects and follow the paths prescribed for it.

Created things obey rules that are made for them.

Looking towards light for anything spiritual is the same as looking towards gravity or electricity or any other created thing.

Raise your sights.

Creators make the rules.

Better to believe and trust in the One who created the light and the physical rules it obeys.

He has demonstrated that He loves you so much that He died for you.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: RandallB
I'm not sure of the relevance of much of your post - I know light is 'a thing'.

I beacme a mystic through physics. I had an epiphany triggerd by my search for truth in the academically accepted material sciences - not by what it was saying, but by what it wasn't saying. To quote Jesus: 'When you know what is truly in front of you, what is hidden will also be revealed - there is nothing that will not become manifest'. This lead to my very real connection to the 'hidden world' and God.

To repeat the point: I'm not a Christian, but one of the many lines from your Bible that stood out to me was the phrase that 'the Devil is the god of this world'. Looking around the world, I'd have to consider this a very real truth. I think that you should consider this before so willingly accepting the information delivered to you by any of the 'authorities'. Academia would appear as corrupt as organised religion, if the two even need distinction.

In order for one to truly benefit from any information, it must be personally realised, otherwise it is merely faith in the words of others.

The book of Genesis falls well short of explaining the populating of this planet, to the point that I'd have to consider that it was never meant to be doing so. It seems to describe the formation of a genocidal army with the possible intention of world domination.

I'd have to consider the possibility that Yahweh and Asherah are arch demons and come a long way down the order of creation with their roots in the darkness.

Another quote from Jesus: 'They will cleave to the name of a dead man, thinking that they will become pure, but they will become greatly defiled. They will fall into the name of error and into the hands of an evil cunning man and a manifold dogma; they will be ruled heretically'.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join