It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise of the Anti-Rally

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Its not new. In the past, they were called things like "agents provacateur". Union enforcers (aka, the mob) has sent folks in to physical bust up rally's for ages.

And this is just the past century.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

It's pointless and redundant

The right to exercise your opinion is not pointless or rendundant.

You want to prevent riots, don't you?

Big difference between demonstration and a riot.
edit on 20-3-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I would be surprised if the current crop of "anti-rally" supporters would be in support of an "anti rally" that blocked access to a church that was performing a wedding for a gay couple.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I would be surprised if the current crop of "anti-rally" supporters would be in support of an "anti rally" that blocked access to a church that was performing a wedding for a gay couple.

That's a perfect point. This applies in so many ways but it's only a valid practice if some people apply it to one thing. Once it's used in other 'mediums', all hell breaks loose.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Trump rallies ARE 100% peaceful , that is until people show up screaming and acting like a fool. Every Trump rally is on youtube, Ive seen most, they are families and actually happy people, that is until someone comes along and screams nonsense.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

A wedding is not a rally.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: reldra

Where have you seen it?

How is this not voter intimidation? Its a show of force trying to make a valid candidate lose support by barring access.

Leave me out of this. Stop disrespecting me. That is an asshole thing to do. I am being civil with you. Act like an adult to me and the OP. I get it you dont agree with us. That doesnt give you a golden ticket to disrespect people who have done nothing wrong to you and owe you nothing.

I have not put you in it. All I have done is disagree. I did not disrespect or do anything 'azzholish'. You keep demanding respect when you are not being disrespected.

I do act like an adult. When someone disagrees with you you stamp your feet, have a fit, demand respect and swear.

Voter intimidation has to do with stopping people from registering or harassing them at the voting place. It has nothing to do with rallies.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: redoubt

Rise of the Anti-Rally

It's a combination of politics and indoctrination; the concept that one is defending freedom by seeking to prevent others from exercising the same.

It's happened before, creating a mindset that forcing silence is the same as defending free speech. The hypocrisy of such a concept is crystal clear but... once the programming sets in, it becomes set aside.

This election year seems to be on a direct course as being the last one in our current nation's history.

I think you're on to something...

"on a direct course as being the last one in our current nation's history".

I don't know if it'll be the last one, but this one has surely ruffled a lot of feathers. This is more on par with "The Fight of the Century" that you see on pay per view each year, but it's got much more attention and really has the feel of being just that.

I felt for a number of years now that the people, at least half of the country, have had enough. They've had enough so much so that all anyone is waiting for is that person to rally behind. People have enough to the point that they break the lines and go all guillotine, at least in the centuries past. I think these days, people are scared to stand up like they used to way back when. One could get around spears and swords then but not so much automatic machine guns and tanks of today.

I look at America as a school yard fight. 2 sides clash and hurl words and insults at one another until someone jumps in the middle and starts the fight. Then everyone joins in. However, it takes one person to jump in to start it before anyone else jumps in. Everyone is afraid to go first but now that we have this billionaire politician that doesn't care what people think about him, who's ready to face up to the bully.. even if he's a bully himself... People rally behind him because they have the same argument. They need that push and Trump is that push.

That kid in the school yard that started the crowd fight... That guy was likely the one who didn't care, who always got into fights... He lead the rest to do the same. He was their trigger. Trump is that person for half the country right now. It doesn't matter if he's good or bad. He's part of the side that had enough with the other and when he swings, the rest of them will swing with him, so long as he throws the first punch.

This scares me and relieves me at the same time. I want a revolution but I don't want anyone hurt in the process. I guess the saying goes, you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet, but we're not eggs... we're human beings. Sadly, we can't seem to figure it out without violence and hatred so with all this forceful pushing, something has to and certainly will give. I fear that nothing good will come of this, at least not right away. I wish safety for all and the best of luck because I fear dark clouds that are gathering in the distance. We're only getting worse and this year, with the way everything has been going, it really seems like it's down hill from here. We have always had many people talking about doom and gloom and I've always laughed, but with these last 2-3 years, my skin is beginning to crawl and the hair is standing on the back of my neck.
edit on 20-3-2016 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

It doesn't matter. A wedding is an assembly of a group of people.

You would support the rights of others to block people from entering a church for an assembly, wouldn't you?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

You would support the rights of others to block people from entering a church for an assembly, wouldn't you?

It does matter. This is apples and oranges.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

It does matter. This is apples and oranges.

No, you're wrong.

Apparently you find it okay for people to block people from assembling.

But for just some things.

So rights are arbitrary and not equal?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

ok ,lets use this example then. what if the KKK or other anti gay/anti black group goes and protests the gay pride parade in san francisco(they are going to be led by local blm activists) and blocks those people from attending a rally that tends to go quite peacefully and tends to be well organized .would the KKK stopping them from marching or rallying be a legitimate protest or would you want the kkk moved out so that they could have their rally like they have done since 2000's?

personal disclosure ive actually marched in the gay rights parade in sf several times before i moved and have nothing against them just seeing how people like the shoe on the other foot?(also not a fan of the kkk)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join