It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise of the Anti-Rally

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
So Anti-Rallies are a big thing now. It's no longer enough to have a rally for the politician you want to vote in office so people have to band together to make sure that they disrupt other's rallies to try and make sure they do not end up in office? Now, the politician with the most money can not only buy out commercials to make certain that his face, his message, his stance is seen by millions of people, to assure that he is put out there more than any other candidate, since he who is seen and spoken of more has a better chance at winning, he/she can buy out stadiums to pack in people to pass on the same message. This has always been seen as fair game. Now... A politician can push money in to buying anti-rally supporters to go over to the opponents rally and incite hell and riots if they so choose.

Where will this end?

People are now beating up other people, kicking, punching, drawing blood... Its only a matter of time before we read that someone has been shot and killed at one of these supposedly peaceful rallies. It looks like the Darwin awards needs new categories.

I get why we have rallies. Why in the 9 hells do we need anti-rallies? There is no point to it. Nothing good can come out of it. I understand we have "rights" as americans, but some things are just too stupid to allow and anti-rallies are complete idiocy and a serious crime waiting to happen. Freedom of speech should cover the rally, as it does, but it should in no way cover anti-rallies. That should be considered a hate crime. People should be allowed to gather and petition without hindrance. This is how riots form. This is getting out of hand and something should be done about it.

I'm waiting for the rally to disturb a rally who disturbs a rally that's disturbing another rally. Man... this is going to get stupid!

Just my 2 cents.

I wanted to add... When I mention "anti-rallies" I mean that when a group of people purposefully crash and disturb a rally. If people wish to gather to stand against a rally by making their own separate rally in a different area that does not impede another's rally, then so be it. I'm specifically meaning when people interrupt by any means, an active political rally for some candidate.

edit on 20-3-2016 by StallionDuck because: added

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Freedom of speech should cover the rally, as it does, but it should in no way cover anti-rallies.

Welcome to the new mind set. Our free speech is allowable, theirs is not.

Really, don't you see what you just did there?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

There are people protesting rallies. It is not an anti rally. I guess anti rally is a new conservative doublespeak word.

Also, what source do you have to show people are being paid to protest rallies?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It's pointless and redundant

Why would you allow childishness? You want to prevent riots, don't you? This is simply inciting and nothing less.

edit on 20-3-2016 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

There are people protesting rallies. It is not an anti rally. I guess anti rally is a new conservative doublespeak word.

conservative doublespeak word?

Oh I get it. You just assume since it's happening to trump in the news that I'm a conservative.

Proof to show that people are being paid?

Seriously? Are you that naive ?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

This will reach into gay rights /pride parades being cancelled by church goers. Immigration rallies being shut down. Racists in full gear disrupting yearly festivities celebrating the civil rights history of this country.....

And so on.

These are the tools a would be dictator employs to silence opposition..... Ironically enough.

If they are allowed to become part of the process there is no end.

You could "protest" people having religious ceremonies by denying them their right to have them. All it takes is a mob and some money.

You could shut down atheist venues,

There is no end.

EDIT TO ADD:
That is why I am voting for Trump. Its worth the risk. We can survive him with our democracy in tact. The others are a sure bet on dirty politics now gone rouge.

edit on 3 20 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

With that being said, what's not to stop the anti-gay parades? People lining up to stop the progression of such. That might be considered a hate crime.

Though, people would argue that not allowing this sort of behavior would prevent gay rights, gay parades and gatherings.

People only see one side of this. Like one responder mentioned, showing her true colors, 'it's got to be a conservative thing'... No way there is any sense to it, right? If it's a conservative thing, it's got to be a dumb idea.

Thank you for shedding more light on it. People don't understand that free speech is no longer free speech when someone else's free speech is meant to shut down their own free speech. It's like too many people speaking together in one room. No one can understand a damn thing anyone is saying, so it kind of defeats the purpose.

But... it's only against conservatives, so it's ok.... *facepalm*

edit on 20-3-2016 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: reldra

conservative doublespeak word?

Oh I get it. You just assume since it's happening to trump in the news that I'm a conservative.

Proof to show that people are being paid?

Seriously? Are you that naive ?

It just sounds like recent double standards coming from conservatives. "It isn't a protest, it is an anti-rally". "It isn't a protester, it is an agitator."

No, I am not naive. It is your OP, I saw no source or proof.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Its a terrible addition or rather detraction to a democratic society.

It has to end. I am amazed we are not all pausing the election to find out who is doing this. THIS IS SERIOUS and criminal.

It could be a foreign entity, a private entity, or worse case scenario......another candidate.

This is HUGE.

The election is running the risk of being made invalid. Voter intimidation and coercion though force....THAT IS VERY SERIOUS

MASSIVE Civil unrest could be caused. They could even start a riot that could ruin a city for decades....

Its terrorism level illegal.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

This will reach into gay rights /pride parades being cancelled by church goers. Immigration rallies being shut down. Racists in full gear disrupting yearly festivities celebrating the civil rights history of this country.....

And so on.

These are the tools a would be dictator employs to silence opposition..... Ironically enough.

If they are allowed to become part of the process there is no end.

You could "protest" people having religious ceremonies by denying them their right to have them. All it takes is a mob and some money.

You could shut down atheist venues,

There is no end.

EDIT TO ADD:
That is why I am voting for Trump. Its worth the risk. We can survive him with our democracy in tact. The others are a sure bet on dirty politics now gone rouge.

It is common to see protesters at parades and rallies. This is not a new thing. Yes, we know you are voting for Trump. I read through your very painful cluster# of a thread.
edit on 20-3-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

You have never seen a rally disrupted with the express intent to shut it down completely or a public road closed barring access to a political event.

How about a parade cancelled by opposition doing everything in their power both legal and not?

have you? No. Not unless you are talking about the civil rights era and we all know how just and OK that was to do then.

Is this the 1950s and are we doing anything but trying to hear valid candidates?

Dont make this about me.

That is an asshole thing to do. I have not done that to you. Please respect me.

This is a freaking travesty and breakdown of the process.

Its not like another Sunday

Or do you think voter intimidation is a valid new recourse for grievances?

Put down your phone and remote and take notice of something bigger than this election.

THIS can not become part of the election process. It is messed up as it is. Voter intimidation is SERIOUS.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

It's not double standards of anything. It's a valid observation.

You know what else you didn't see? You didn't see me address any particular party, but you assumed I was referring to one specifically.

I don't care what side is doing it, it's an idiotic practice that should have no place in politics.

If you watch or read the news, you'd see that there are INDEED anti-trump protestors for hire. I don't need to offer any proof of anything. My post wasn't created to prove anything specific here except make a point on the issue itself. Do I need to prove that there are political rallies? I should, right? After all, I mentioned them in my post. Should I prove that there are anti rallies? I mentioned that too, but why wouldn't I need to prove that? Because you know it's going on?

Give me a break and stop trolling my post. Offer something constructive or prove me wrong.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

You have never seen a rally disrupted with the express intent to # it down or a public road closed barring access to a political event

have you? Is this the 1950s and are we doing anything but trying to hear valid candidates?

Dont make this about me.

Yes, I have seen that before.

I don't think it is voter intimidation.

It is impossible to interact with your posts.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Dont make this about me.

You have never seen a rally disrupted with the express intent to shut it down or a public road closed barring access to a political event?

How about a parade cancelled by opposition doing everything in their power both legal and not?

have you? Is this the 1950s and are we doing anything but trying to hear valid candidates?

Put down your phone and remote and take notice of something bigger than this election.

THIS can not become part of the election process. It is messed up as it is. Voter intimidation is SERIOUS.

It's kind of like the point in the OP. It's just proving that point
Some people just want to disrupt for the sake of an argument without purpose or basis other than simple disruptions itself, because it goes against what they believe in. Nothing constructive offered, just blind hatred and assumptions.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Where have you seen it?

How is this not voter intimidation? Its a show of force trying to make a valid candidate lose support by barring access.

Leave me out of this. Stop disrespecting me. That is an asshole thing to do. I am being civil with you. Act like an adult to me and the OP. I get it you dont agree with us. That doesnt give you a golden ticket to disrespect people who have done nothing wrong to you and owe you nothing.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Give me a break and stop trolling my post. Offer something constructive or prove me wrong.

I am not trolling. I thought it was up to you to show your point is valid.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

He did prove his argument is valid.

You are being less than cordial and then demanding consideration.

You are pretending like its no big deal. Like blacks in the last Bush election getting barred from voting booths in Florida was OK. Like voter laws meant to disqualify minorities are ok.....NO IT IS NOT AND YOU KNOW THAT

Also, where have you seen potential voters being barred from a political event in this country before?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

since you say its not a new thing i wonder if you can show the audience if their are these protests or anti rallies or whatever that has been done by the conservative side of the isle with as much hate and vitriol and rudeness and violence towards Dems as that has been shown at the Chicago and AZ Trump rallies from ppl belonging to your side of the isle?

EDIT: and i would like to see video please

edit on 20-3-2016 by roaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: roaland

Don't hold your breath for something relevant, if anything shows.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Rise of the Anti-Rally

It's a combination of politics and indoctrination; the concept that one is defending freedom by seeking to prevent others from exercising the same.

It's happened before, creating a mindset that forcing silence is the same as defending free speech. The hypocrisy of such a concept is crystal clear but... once the programming sets in, it becomes set aside.

This election year seems to be on a direct course as being the last one in our current nation's history.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join