It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Messiah

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear

Originally posted by gps777
when Christ comes again he will be the destroyer and will only save those that he knows.
In other words everyone has had long enough to have made their decision on whether to know and believe him or not.

ONly save certain people. Isn't that kind of mean??? I dont believe in god so im s*** out of luck

You're not s*** out of luck Smokey, there's still time. You're still living right now. Click on my signature link for details.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Yes I guess hell doesn't make sense but there again some form of judgement makes sense to the human mind doesn't it? It would in a sense seem unfair if after all the war crimes people like Hitler (the classic example of a man who many people would vote into hell) just kicked back in some kind of afterlife with all his victims; also he would have to be transformed in some way or he'd just try and start the 4th reich in this nebulous afterworld. In fact it would become very much like this world only no one can die and presumagbly there aren't any shortages if things.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Why does the anti-Christ have to be a person?

It seems to me that the author/s of Revelation would have had to be pretty sure that their prophecy would come true or Christianity will eventually be proven a fraud.
Maybe the anti-Christ is a religious thought, an ideal, or a doctrine. A religion could cause the war and destruction that Revelation claims will occur. You only have to look around you to see that the world's a pretty dangerous place because of today's fundamentalism.
And the restoration of a religion that would pick up the pieces and repair the damage could be claimed to be the Second Coming.
Do we rely too much on the physical when looking at Revelation?

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

It seems to me that the author/s of Revelation would have had to be pretty sure that their prophecy would come true or Christianity will eventually be proven a fraud.

You're right except that IF Revelation comes true, there'll only be a few people left. So for Christianity to be true and for Christ to be the messiah, earth must be destroyed (if you believe the whole bible).

Is the destruction of humans what Christ wanted? according to the gospel, the only people he was really po'd at were the usurers.

Personally, I think that the Roman warlords were the biggest threat to the Jews, so, after Jerusalum was destroyed in 50 AD, they used the story of Christ to create the militant face of the Abrahamic line. This continues today in the form of Zionized Christianity. It was the only way to compete with the warlords.

Isn't it obvious that if the US uses its full military might, the book of Revelation will come true? Jesus (or at least his country) wil wield a sword (Abrams tank) against the evil ones who are not with him (take a guess).

Post-armagddon, the story can be whatever they have planned it to be. Those who survive will not care if they are kneeling before a rabbi or a priest so long as the fighting stops and there's food (and iodine pills).

Of course, I'll recant this post if the NWO asks me too! :^)

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Anyone read the Talmud of Emmanual??? Its supposedly an extra gospel that was not included in the New Testament, I have it, but haven't read it, but it goes into details about angels being aliens and Mary being artificially inseminated, and that Emmanual(jesus) was heavily programmed etc...

Have a search for it on the net...might be under 'Talmud of Jmmanual'.

Kind Regards

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by slacker2788
Ya' know, I've come to the conclusion like many others that hell can't possibly exist and, if it does, it can't be eternal. I mean, God is considered all-peaceful, all-merciful, all-forgiving, etc. I am nowhere close to any of those things and yet I wouldn't wish ETERNAL hell on absolutely anyone, even a hip-hop "artist."

Did you not read your bible throughly?

Mattew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Mattew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Mattew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Mattew 10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

A little selfish ifyou ask me.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Why must God be so violent? Ya' know, it doesn't seem like He is "free from sin" and "all-peaceful" considering all of the destruction He has brought to the world. Turning people into pillars of salt is just a really (really really really) rare way of killing somone, which is a sin. Maybe I shouldn't be saying this...

There are several people over the years I thought were the Second Coming of the Messiah...Will Ferrell, Kurt Cobain, Jack Black, Paul McCartney, the entire band CCR, Jennifer Aniston's t|ts (I just have a strange urge to follow them everywhere)...

I hope God has a sense of humor or this post alone could get me somewhere in the 7th-8th circle of Hell. He must, though, just because He was the one that created the duck-billed platypus.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
God is right good love etc,thats the reason he destroys those that are`nt,but through his love and mercy shows us forgiveness patience etc and even sent his own son to die for us,so that you might Know this,if not bye bye

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Why must God be so violent? Ya' know, it doesn't seem like He is "free from sin" and "all-peaceful" considering all of the destruction He has brought to the world. Turning people into pillars of salt is just a really (really really really) rare way of killing somone, which is a sin. Maybe I shouldn't be saying this...

All God's fault huh? Well, reading the Old Testament will show time and time again how mankind turned their backs on, defied, and figuratively slapped him in the face. His heart was full of sorrow. Punishment was dealt and his 'children' were supposed to learn from it. As repeated in the history of the Old Testament, we did not. Jesus' coming was a different approach at saving people.

[edit on 13-1-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Why must God be so violent?
He isn't. Everything bad that happened back in those days was blamed on God. They went to war and lost, God punished them. They went to war and won, God blessed them. They had famines, flood, locusts and salmonella, God was mad and punished them. In fact look at the crap posted around the internet about the tsunami and his wrath. Yet I don't see those same non-muslem zealots dropping to their knees and begging his forgiveness for the recent spate of weather event related deaths and destruction.

The stories are nothing more than superstitious nonsense. Superstition used to explain away the good, the bad, the ugly and the indifferent.

He created us, he loves us, his wish is for us to live, love, learn and grow. The notion that he would kill violently those he created before their alloted life line ran out is preposterous. That pretty much says we have the right to kill our offspring when they disobey.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween

Why must God be so violent?
He isn't. Everything bad that happened back in those days was blamed on God. They went to war and lost, God punished them. They went to war and won, God blessed them. They had famines, flood, locusts and salmonella, God was mad and punished them. In fact look at the crap posted around the internet about the tsunami and his wrath. Yet I don't see those same non-muslem zealots dropping to their knees and begging his forgiveness for the recent spate of weather event related deaths and destruction.

The stories are nothing more than superstitious nonsense. Superstition used to explain away the good, the bad, the ugly and the indifferent.

He created us, he loves us, his wish is for us to live, love, learn and grow. The notion that he would kill violently those he created before their alloted life line ran out is preposterous. That pretty much says we have the right to kill our offspring when they disobey.

If you honestly belive the bible, then how can you say that God, and Jesus, were not violent?

I will post it again as you obviously over looked it.

Mattew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Mattew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Mattew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Mattew 10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Im a 4th Order Free Thinker and what if you never heard of or had the opportunity to experience the messiah...would you get a free pass into heaven?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by midnight
Im a 4th Order Free Thinker

Can you fill me in as to beliefs? I've not heard of it before.

and what if you never heard of or had the opportunity to experience the messiah...would you get a free pass into heaven?

Then as it says in Revelations, you'd be judged accordingly. It doesn't look like this judgement is going to go easy on anyone. But, nobody here falls into that catagory so it's decision time.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The true messiah will be the one who's not trying to kill all his competitors?
the false messiah's will be the ones who are playing on your fears and other (not so godly) emotions as he tries to convince you to do a bunch of things (like setting up pronographic snapshots of war prisoners) that any true christian should know is wrong to do, in the name of god.
just look back at those time in history, the genocide, the crusades, when masses of people were convinced that mass murders, rapes, and severe injustices were right in the eyes of God, you'll find the spirit of the antichrist there.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Saint4God

It was a joke. I saw some other post saying they were a 3rd order catholic something or other. I will let this serious discussion continue.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Then as it says in Revelations, you'd be judged accordingly. It doesn't look like this judgement is going to go easy on anyone. But, nobody here falls into that catagory so it's decision time.

Never really thought of it that way or read between the lines . Thanks for the eye opener.

[edit on 13-1-2005 by midnight]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Flew over my head, sorry. Looked a little like an oxymoron - "order of free thinker" but didn't want to shoot it down. Thought I was behind on my Rosicrucian/Illuminati/Freemason post readings.

Double Doh! I just remembered 7th Sea, one of the CCG's (RPG's) I play have a secret order called the Rose and Cross! Never made the connection until I tried to spell it just now.....I smell investigation!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Never really thought of it that way or read between the lines . Thanks for the eye opener.

Glad I could help!
Revelations 20:11

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiggy
If you honestly belive the bible, then how can you say that God, and Jesus, were not violent?

I will post it again as you obviously over looked it.
Valid question. However if you were acquainted with my posts you would find that I am in abject disapproval of the heresies consistent within both testaments made in God's name. Why I still await responses to many of my posts from several who seem to think the words between the two leaves are not contradictory.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I completely understand your view. My feelings on the subject are that some of these are fabrications by the church, throughout the years, to inflict fear on the general masses, and thus a form of mass control.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join