It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 11:27 PM
link   
So folks, what do you think would happen if all the members here and many other sites around the world sent tons of emails containing every watch word on the list (or hundreds of separate emails containing one or two) to every foreign government on the planet, media corporation and to everyone on their address lists, The amount of traffic and hits would be enormous and i wonder if it could actually overwhelm the system.

And for the lawyers.
I hereby state i do not agree with any of these tactics and agree not to participate in them.
Yeah, sure anyway heres the list.

And for the others, what are the legalities involved?

The List. Use your imagination and add some more words to it.
THE LIST

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I am a lawyer and you don't need to post your question hypothetically. Obviously, it would crash the web. What is your point?

[Edited on 15-6-2003 by Freddie]

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freddie
I am a lawyer and you don't need to post your question hypothetically. Obviously, it would crash the web. What is your point?

[Edited on 15-6-2003 by Freddie]

do you think it really would or do you think it would realize it as an attempt to crash the system?

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Absolutely. If enough people were on the internet at the same time, all servers would crash.

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
i think he means crashing the dedicated root servers, i dont think it would happen like that but i believe that the echelon system would go into meltdown...

So.... 4th of july anyone?

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Why would anyone want to crash the web?
Unless it's to plunge people into darkness.

The web is one of the best sources for knowledge that we have at the moment.
Anyone who tries to harm it is an enemy in my eyes.

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   
No No No, not crashing the web, crashing the echelon servers that scan all the traffic, all the internet would see would be a bit of a rise in traffic but to those servers it would be a total flood.

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by David
No No No, not crashing the web, crashing the echelon servers that scan all the traffic, all the internet would see would be a bit of a rise in traffic but to those servers it would be a total flood.

Impossible, the echelon servers like most government computers that are data bases are "supercomputers". And as a supercomp. they function at speeds we can only dream of.

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Bah, who cares about Echelon.
If you talk real bad # on the internet then you deserve a visit. You don't do it in the street at home so why should you do it here.

If you're innocent, it's easy enough to prove it.

I don't care what I say as long as I'm not offensive. Echelon doesn't mean jack to me.

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
it might not crash, but it would be a statement. it would also ruin the signal to noise ratio.

top topics

join