It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The things you may have not known about Voter ID's and Ghost Voting in the USA [VIDEO]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I stumbled upon this very informative video by "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver" about Voting, and really, it both shocked and frightened me to no end.

Up here in Ye Ol' Canada, voting is pretty straight forward; bring a valid ID, Be a Canadian citizen (Temporary and permanent residents cannot vote), Be 18 years old or older on election day, Be a resident in the electoral district (because here in Canada we don't vote for a particular person, we vote for people in our area whom hold a chair of a particular party, whom then vote for a representative of that party).

So, what kind of ID do we need?

Show one of these pieces of ID (You can use any of the following that are issued in Canada so long as it shows a photo of you as well as your home address):

your driver's licence
your provincial or territorial ID card
any other government card with your photo, name and current address

Or, you can bring any two of the following:

health card
Canadian passport
birth certificate
certificate of Canadian citizenship
citizenship card
social insurance number card
Indian status card
band membership card
Métis card
card issued by an Inuit local authority
Canadian Forces identity card
Veterans Affairs health card
old age security card
hospital card
medical clinic card
label on a prescription container
identity bracelet issued by a hospital or long-term care facility
blood donor card
CNIB card
credit card
debit card
employee card
student identity card
public transportation card
library card
liquor identity card
parolee card
firearms licence
licence or card issued for fishing, trapping or hunting
utility bill (e.g. electricity; water; telecommunications services including telephone, cable or satellite)
bank statement
credit union statement
credit card statement
personal cheque
government statement of benefits
government cheque or cheque stub
pension plan statement
residential lease or sub-lease
mortgage contract or statement
income tax assessment
property tax assessment or evaluation
vehicle ownership
insurance certificate, policy or statement
correspondence issued by a school, college or university
letter from a public curator, public guardian or public trustee
targeted revision form from Elections Canada to residents of long-term care facilities
letter of confirmation of residence from a First Nations band or reserve or an Inuit local authority
letter of confirmation of residence, letter of stay, admission form or statement of benefits from one of the following designated establishments:
student residence
seniors' residence
long-term care facility
shelter
soup kitchen

OR:

If your ID does not have your current address, take an oath

Show two pieces of ID with your name and have someone who knows you attest to your address. This person must show proof of identity and address, be registered in the same polling division, and attest for only one person.

So it's a little confusing seeing these weird, new ID's starting to be enforced in the US.

At first glance, yes, it makes perfect sense. But, if you look into it a bit, it seems a bit..... 'odd', to say the least.

Have a look for yourself!

If you already watched the full video, you can imagine what "fear" I was expressing at the beginning of this post.

Yes, I am indeed referring to the "Ghost Voting" segment.

That crap is absolutely terrifying!

I have absolutely no doubt that the practice stems far beyond the USA and into other countries as well, including my own, and that just scares me to death.

It makes me wonder just how many laws have been written that may not have been if this completely absurd practice was forbidden. The Corruption is unimaginable.

Anyway, I've given myself a headache at all government stupidity. Sorry if I have infected you with it too, just thought you should know

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The corruption is wide spread here…

article

Used to be the biggest scam in our town was the idiots driving around tearing down the signs of the competition.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

article

Used to be the biggest scam in our town was the idiots driving around tearing down the signs of the competition.

The part of your link where it states:

Florida election officials have discovered that the state's voter polls have 53,000 dead voters still registered to vote

The video actually touches up on this.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

article

Florida election officials have discovered that the state's voter polls have 53,000 dead voters still registered to vote

Thats why I brought it, why they started calling them "ghost" voters. They're dead.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Band membership card.
Cool so just say "I'm with the band" lol.
Sorry

I think it's sensible. No ID note vote eee.
Photo ID

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I think that number just reflects under updated records. Not necessarily that 53K fraudulent votes were cast.
The hall of records just needs to catch up with the registrar to update files. Fast because some are doing this.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

article

Thats why I brought it, why they started calling them "ghost" voters. They're dead.

Lol.... I think it's time for you to watch the video in the OP. "Ghost Voting" has nothing to do with dead people, it has to do with politicians making votes for other politicians when enacting a bill/law or whatever else.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Both are true.

top topics

join