It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeep driving through the protesters

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

How do you stifle a viewpoint? A viewpoint is in your mind.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Vector99

I was responding to the poster who said if you want to protest, you can't do it in the roads.

You used an example where protesting in the roads was called for.

Protesting Trump's presidential campaign doesn't qualify for protests in the streets.

Don't be silly.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

By preventing people whose viewpoints you oppose from speaking, or gathering. You seem to be embracing oppression in the name of freedom.

eta: Don't be all butthurt when this proceeds to lethal violence shortly. I give it a couple of weeks, tops.
edit on 20-3-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Then I guess the other poster should have qualified his comment to say "if you want to protest something silly, don't do it in the roads."

Give me a break. These people think their protests are serious. They believe in them strongly.

There were plenty of people in the South who thought the Civil Rights protests were silly too.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

By preventing people whose viewpoints you oppose from speaking, or gathering. You seem to be embracing oppression in the name of freedom.

eta: Don't be all butthurt when this proceeds to lethal violence shortly. I give it a couple of weeks, tops.

If the protesters did something illegal, then they should be arrested. Were all the protesters arrested?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The slapstick you call democracy is getting funnier by the day

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

If the protesters did something illegal, then they should be arrested. Were all the protesters arrested?

So, you do believe that democracy and freedom mean stomping out the stuff your party doesn't like, eh? I think these words do not mean what you think they mean.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I think that as long as people aren't doing something that is against the law, they should be allowed to do it - whether I agree with what they are doing or not.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

They did do something illegal. READ HERE

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I think that as long as people aren't doing something that is against the law, they should be allowed to do it - whether I agree with what they are doing or not.

So, you'd be ok if a lot of Trumpies obliterated a Sanders meeting? No problems at all? A Hillary meeting? Just shut the thing down by barricading the entrances with their bodies, blocked the roads so people couldn't get there, intimidated the attendees? Just fine with you?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

They did do something illegal. READ HERE

Then why weren't they all arrested?

From your link:

A person commits obstructing a highway or other public thoroughfare if, having no legal privilege to do so...,

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

So, you'd be ok if a lot of Trumpies obliterated a Sanders meeting? No problems at all? A Hillary meeting? Just shut the thing down by barricading the entrances with their bodies, blocked the roads so people couldn't get there, intimidated the attendees? Just fine with you?

How many times must I repeat that as long as people aren't doing something against the laws, they should be allowed to do it - whether or not I agree with what (or why) they are doing it.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Exactly where do you have the legal right to just randomly block a road?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Who said it was random? How do you know they didn't get permission by the city to be there? Why weren't they all arrested?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Why weren't they all arrested?

Why does that matter? Is the definition of a committing a crime one that is resultant in an arrest?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Why weren't they all arrested?

Why does that matter? Is the definition of a committing a crime one that is resultant in an arrest?

The police were there. People who commit a crime in front of police get arrested. I believe there were a few arrests during this protest - people who did actually commit some crime.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Who said it was random? How do you know they didn't get permission by the city to be there? Why weren't they all arrested?

You obviously have no clue on the matter.

The city doesn't give out permits to spontaneously gather in the streets...you know the place where cars drive.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Jeep was not driving fast enough.

These bernie bros are quite frankly the undesirables of our society.

Every single video I watch its the same.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Why is it that stupidity is exponential when people form en masse?

Sometimes I wish street justice would be served and some cars just barrel through the entire mob.

I loved how the cop just shrugged though haha.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

The police were there. People who commit a crime in front of police get arrested.

That is not even remotely true.

I get caught taking a whiz in public when I was younger. No ticket, no arrest. Definitely a crime.

Law enforcement has discretion on making arrests. Stop acting like you do not know this.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join