It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeep driving through the protesters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Yeah, regardless of your "cause" gtfo of the road.

No blocking traffic.

If you do, you get run over. No penalties for the driver.

I've got places to go.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Yeah, regardless of your "cause" gtfo of the road.

No blocking traffic.

If you do, you get run over. No penalties for the driver.

I've got places to go.

Listen, if they were just sitting there in tie-dyed shirts with banners or whatever, you need to be charged if you run one down. Unless you've got an awfully convincing emergency. Those protesting should still be arrested for their unlawful activity, imo, but they don't need to be run over.

If they're wearing masks, pounding or jumping on cars, and generally acting lawless (especially right after the Chicago incident), I don't blame anyone for leaving the area in whatever manner necessary.

+3 more 
link   
I would imagine that this is exactly what these dimwitted, knucklehead protesters wanted in the first place. Something to occur to bring notice to their otherwise boring cause.

Then video it and post it. I'm sure this will backfire. Idiots aplenty in that lot.

Bally

link   

That was my first thought when I saw all this happening… drive on through. This group wanted to act like they would stop traffic. That guy called their bluff and they backed down. I'm not easily intimidated and would've done the same thing.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001
I would imagine that this is exactly what these dimwitted, knucklehead protesters wanted in the first place. Something to occur to bring notice to their otherwise boring cause.

I've had my fill of the poor under-priveledged "victims".

"Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help, I'm being repressed! Did you see him repressing me? You saw him, didn't you?"
edit on 20-3-2016 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It was obviously an old guy driving the Jeep. Will Millennials ever learn not to # with old guys?

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

My thoughts as well.

Poor victims screaming and looking through their Iphones. ("Did you get that?????") Nup, don't get it. Can't reconcile their need to disrupt free traffic for their attention.

Gotta love the cop.

Bally

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

There's a really good reason highways have signs that say "no pedestrians" on them.

You want to protest a rally...then go to the venue to do it. If your on a highway it is your own stupidity that got you killed.

I guess this video is here to show that only the smart ones are in cars headed to the Trump rally, or that only idiots are against him? I can't imagine any logical or smart person would stand on a highway....Go Hillary!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Why doesn't anything about this situation surprises me?

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Back in the day when I was a truck driver, I came across a group of protestors blocking the road like that. They were protesting the consignee who I was delivering to, just outside of their receiving gates. I knew they would make every effort to prevent me from delivering the materials I was hauling, and I had no time to waste on those fools because time is money. So I came around the corner at a relatiely high speed for a semi in order to make my presence known early and to intimidate them. As I rounded that corner I also spooled up the jake breaks, which results in the loud roar you sometimes hear big trucks making:

Not one of those idiots yielded the road to my 80,000 pound truck, despite all that, but I never stopped. I rolled forward slowly while those fools stood in front of my truck, with the hood towering over their heads, one pushing against my grill. A protestor with a camera shouted that he's filming me, to which I signaled back that he's number one and kept rolling forward. Eventually they gave up and I went on to deliver my load on time, completing the contract.

A few days later my supervisor called me and told me they received a copy of the video. I was briefly verbally reprimanded for flipping off the cameraman, and that was it. You can argue "assault with a deadly weapon" all you like, but rarely is anyone concerned about the well-being of someone who's death would've been met with a Darwin Award. They thought they could bully a big truck, and they were wrong. They were mice competing against a lion, which I've noticed a lot of over the years. People are so accustomed to living safe, protected lives that their instincts are no longer finely tuned, let alone are their critical thinking skills. Their ancestors would've seen my truck and thought "I better get out've the way before that monster kills me." These protestors however thought "we can do this!"

For all they knew, I could've wanted to hurt or kill them, and if so I could easily have done so. For all they knew, I might have been distracted and unable to slow down in time before running them down. They were gambling their lives for a cause that nobody cared about. They would've been instantly forgotten, not martyrs. Your right to protest doesn't extend to a right to obstruct me from making a living, and your cause isn't more legitimate as a result of you demonstrating a complete lack of sensibility. You risk your life only to demonstrate your position to be the brainchild of idiots.
edit on 19-3-2016 by Navarro because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
That protester was so traumatised by the incident, other than scream, all she could manage to do was get on her smartphone and check Facebook, poor woman.

As soon as a protest goes from oration to the physical, the gloves are off and it's mayhem versus order.....where full retard lurks just around the corner.

It's a shame that stupidity has no known cure, the protesters were out of line touching the vehicle and once they did, they became engaged in criminal activity.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Loved the sniveling look on the protestor's face.

Cars are more dangerous than automatic weapons. Something i was taught at OFCO's offensive driving course.

It's a good thing the driver didn't 'pull the trigger'.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
No matter what I have said about this particular protest, this unknown man is still my hero

keep blocking the street wherever you are unnamed one

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Navarro People are so accustomed to living safe, protected lives that their instincts are no longer finely tuned, let alone are their critical thinking skills. Their ancestors would've seen my truck and thought "I better get out've the way before that monster kills me." These protestors however thought "we can do this!"

It's worse. They've actually managed to turn it around.

Once upon a time a fire truck would have shown up and just blasted a clear path with a hose as the cops threw people actively breaking the law in the back of the paddy wagon. Sensible people fear that.

Now they have the authorities afraid of being called racists or facists, so the police become little more than bystanders even while idiots are jumping on vehicles and otherwise illegally obstructing a highway.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
If MY car got messed up I 'd BURN one of Soros's vehicles with thermite.
edit on 19-3-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

I guess that driver had a heart.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Most likely it got executed for having a heart too, it's unknown what happen to the tank crew and the guy.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

*crickets*

Anyone noticing a silence from our resident leftists? I guess it's safe to say not every cause is parrotable, not to worry they haven't disappeared or changed their minds- they are over in my thread about illegal immigration telling me how wrong I am, and how America needs to take responsibility for every failed state that exists.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I think trump is hitler if that makes you feel better

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

originally posted by: Navarro People are so accustomed to living safe, protected lives that their instincts are no longer finely tuned, let alone are their critical thinking skills. Their ancestors would've seen my truck and thought "I better get out've the way before that monster kills me." These protestors however thought "we can do this!"

It's worse. They've actually managed to turn it around.

Once upon a time a fire truck would have shown up and just blasted a clear path with a hose as the cops threw people actively breaking the law in the back of the paddy wagon. Sensible people fear that.

Now they have the authorities afraid of being called racists or fascists, so the police become little more than bystanders even while idiots are jumping on vehicles and otherwise illegally obstructing a highway.

That was in the day when men were still men, and women were still women. People were more polite because the alternative might mean a pop to the nose. These days kids are suspended from school for fighting even where nobody was hurt. In my day, children fought out've instinct and as a point of honor, and afterward the dispute was settled and the both of you were suddenly friends. Sometimes they fought for fun or to hone their self defense skills, much as puppies or kittens do. Now days guns kill people, minorities can't be racist, and the most honorable thing you can do is get a sex change. We've gone from Walter Conkite to Bill Oriely. From John Kennedy to Donald Trump. From Christmas Season to Holiday Season. From Apollo to Obamacare. From peaceful assembly to confrontational disorder.

By no means to I meant to say that we should be more civilized. To the contrary, our faux civility is what Kennedy described when he warned "conformity is the jailer of freedom." Be as aggressive as you like, but don't draw out the fury of others then cower behind a policeman. It's the same as shoving that policeman then threatening to sue him if he whips you. Socrates once described a confrontation, which concluded with "at this point you run the risk of him saying, ‘What business is that of yours, sir? What are you to me?’ Pester him further, and he is liable to punch you in the nose." If you want a fight, then fight. Don't strike then shield yourself with the law.
edit on 20-3-2016 by Navarro because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join