It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama’s Trip to Cuba: What You Need to Know

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It seems as though the POTUS traveling to Cuba is just wasteful spending. He is taking the entire famn damily!

I would think that if the POTUS would travel abroad to Cuba, that he would wait just a tad until there is a change in leadership over there....

Is it THAT important for Obama to go this close to his end of term? Me thinks NOT.!

POTUS travels to Cuba (wt#?)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
He's going to meet with some "dissidents".

Looks like he's looking for some new methods of his own.

White House mum on Obama dissidents meeting in Cuba

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Cough, cough, exactly

Xue, I'm sure he will be tapping into some of the ""local resources ""

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Will he bring me back some cigars? Is all I need to know. LoL

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

That's kinda what I was eluding to

Thanks for posting

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Diplomacy costs waaaay less than war, and is far more effective than a phone call. Even in business, sometimes you bring your family for a diver with a key client's family.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
He's going to meet with some "dissidents".

Looks like he's looking for some new methods of his own.

White House mum on Obama dissidents meeting in Cuba

There are 'peace' talks happenening in Cuba right now between FARC and the Colombian govt. Maybe the dissidents are FARC reps.?...

I've been wondering these days if FARC are just CIA lackeys... they re probably all just negotiating better ways to streamline drug supplies, and terrorize peasants.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
He is the new Che. Viva La Revolucion!

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

He's going to give them money after apologizing for all of the wrong the old America has done, and he probably won't say a damn word about the horror caused in Cube by the communist takeover and how the country has suffered over the decades since.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Cuba is one of the last nations that still hasnt been corrupted by a private central bank system. Hmmmmm...

That's the first thing that came to mind after the Cuba relations were announced by Obama in Dec. Of 2014. I thought ”Wow. That's pretty random. ” But the U. S. has an agenda behind any and every foreign relations move. $$$

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I wonder if it has something to do with this.

Cuba it seems, is, and is going to have some major changes due to Climate Change.

www.eenews.net...

Who knows who really reached out to who.

Definitly interesting History in the making.

edit on 20-3-2016 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2016 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Obama used 2 ply toilet paper today. Bastard should be impeached.

Why shouldn't he take his family? It's an awesome place. #1 destination for Canadians in winter.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It's only a few decades overdue.

It wasn't too long ago that I would have been totally against it. What exactly has this fifty years long embargo accomplished?

I would say a whole lot of nothing at all, save punish people undeserving of it.

This was, in retrospect, a foolish decision by several administrations. I know the Cuban-American folks, or many of 'em, are in the process of melting down...as would I, were I Cuban-American whose family had been chased out/tossed out of Cuba for no better reason than disagreeing with the Castro regime.

But times change. We must change with 'em.

Some form of rapprochement should have been done decades ago. It's long overdue.
edit on 3/20/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Great for tourists, but there's sure a lot of escapees.....

68k+ Cubans flood into U.S. in 17 months, most through Mexico

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

*i really just wasted millions flying to Cuba for...

*i have no intentions to do anything useful here*

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I am in favor for the US to lift the embargo! I have a friend who was born in Cuba, she is here in the US now and I will add she is here legally. Most Cubans drive US cars from the 1950's.

Getting parts is not easy. IMO lifting the embargo would be good for the US and Cuba!

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Here comes the NLBS between U.S. and the Pres in Cuba!!!!!!

NJ police renew call for escaped domestic terrorists in Cuba to return to US

www.foxnews.com...

Col. Rick Fuentes, superintendent of the New Jersey State Police, posted a video message to Facebook on Thursday in which he warned the public of four domestic terrorists Cuba is harboring. Fuentes said the four are responsible for the deaths of 17 police officers, five American civilians and two U.S. servicemen and 159 bombings.

"As a matter of public safety, I believe that all those considering travel to Cuba need to be aware that four dangerous fugitive terrorists are living free and protected on the island," Fuentes said.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Do they? Do they use Canadian taxpayer money to foot their bill there? I only ask because Obama has spent a fortune of US Taxpayer dollars showing his family the world. Meanwhile, here I sit with an annual tax bill that would pay for a couple of nice family vacations and a couple of kids who haven't even been on board a plane in nearly 7 years because I can't afford to pay for the Obama trips and save up to take my family somewhere.

Ugh. On the bright side, only 9 months left until that part of America's history is history!

new topics

top topics

join