It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The WORST Commercial in Recent Memory

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

So why is this commercial particularly vile? It caters to the worst aspects of human nature. We have this vane and superficial James Dean knock off who probably hasn't ever been with a woman in his life tell us how he got a 'girl like this' who probably is a raging bitch and dropped out of high school, but hey look at her...she is hot! Woohoo!

Lol. I think you completely misunderstood this commercial. It's supposed to be satire. That guy not only doesn't look at all like James Dean, he's a dork and she's "way out of his league."

It's not supposed to be taken seriously at all.
edit on 2016-3-19 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I pretty much hate all commercials, but I do sort of miss Billy Mays. There will never be a better TV salesman. He didn't need any cheap tricks or distractions or comedy. His tone of voice and persuasion skills were all that were needed to sell oxyclean to the world.

I'll never get over how he died. Death by overhead compartment. That sucks.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

I pretty much hate all commercials, but I do sort of miss Billy Mays. There will never be a better TV salesman. He didn't need any cheap tricks or distractions or comedy. His tone of voice and persuasion skills were all that were needed to sell oxyclean to the world.

He just needed to powder his nose a bit

FTR, Billy Mays didn't die from the bump on the head. He died of heart disease which the coroner attributed to — at least in part — his coke usage. He also had opiates and benzos in his system according to the toxicology report.

That said, I do kinda miss Billy Mays commercials, he definitely had the right level of enthusiasm to pitch whatever.

EDIT:

Wikipedia

The medical examiner "concluded that coc aine use caused or contributed to the development of his heart disease, and thereby contributed to his death," the office said in a press release. The office said Mays last used coc aine in the few days before his death but was not under the influence of the drug when he died. Hillsborough County spokeswoman Lori Hudson said nothing in the toxicology report indicated the frequency of Mays' coc aine use. Cocaine can raise the arterial blood pressure, directly cause thickening of the left wall of the ventricle, and accelerate the formation of atherosclerosis in the coronary arteries, the release said. However, in October 2009, the results of a second medical examination, commissioned by Mays' family, concluded that "coc aine was not a significant contributing factor" to his death.[27] According to subsequent news reports[28] the toxicology tests also showed levels of painkillers hydrocodone, oxycodone, and tramadol, as well as anti-anxiety drugs alprazolam and diazepam. Mays had suffered from hip problems and was scheduled for hip replacement surgery the day after he was found dead.

edit on 2016-3-19 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I haven't seen that one! That's hilarious. The elderly couple, it's convenient, lol. I hate commercials, but if I have to watch them, at least make it funny. The Tarzan GEICO one is funny too.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Whatever it takes/took... I do miss Mr. Mays, he was a delightful host

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I heard one on the radio recently from a company who actually went to court to prove it stood for "traditional christian values"
in a case concerning the health care of its female employees. This ad, I wish I had a link so everyone could hear it, was about what childern should ask the bunny to bring then for Easter.

Yep, you guessed it. It was Toys Are Us.

I guess there is a difference in their personal christian values and profit.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

The stupid talking baby commercials. They're so bad that even though I saw about 100 of them before I stopped watching live TV, I have no clue what they're advertising. Usually I pay attention so I know whose products to not buy, but I've literally never noticed who those are for.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Local Furniture Ads or other commodities that usually features the obnoxious Family members and usually trying to work in their Grand Kids because we all really want to see them, not.

Massachusetts is loaded with them. (Bob's whiny furniture the worst) I hate Geico Ads too.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I hate most drug commercials. The announcer just goes on and on in a soft,quite,calm tone naming off every side effect under the god damn sun as they show a montage of people living happy lives.

Pills to help you sleep may cause nausea,heartburn,dizziness,fatigue,itchy rash sensation,shallow breathing,blurry vision, being awake or driving without remembering it the next day,suicidal thoughts,depression,bleeding both internal and external,cancer and death!

I hate the Lunesta commercial passionately.

edit on 19-3-2016 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This thread made me realize I never see any commercials anymore.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

When my kids were young they got hooked on Mac commercial jingle. I went ballistic and made a command decision. I told them that I loved it when they sang. " Sing all you want, just don't sing commercials. That Mac commercial where they go '
at MacDonalds, we do it all for you u u. I explained to them that commercial jingles were designed to stick in our heads so that we would always be wanting a Big Mac. I told them the truth, that Mac Donalds does nothing for them, they do it ALL for themselves.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
ROTFL, you know what's funny? I recall participating in a survey review for this Crest commercial while it was in storyboard concept stage.

You'd probably be offended to know I found the proposed script hilarious, and gave the concept my consumer approval. Come on man, it's a huge pun & then some. It's just a play on words, nobody expects the punchline to be THAT kind of stripping. It's not going to make me run out & buy Crest strips, but I'll certainly chuckle at it.

And besides, it's better than the Puppymonkeybaby abomination.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Here's some old school disdain. I really didn't like this kid in these ads...

edit: I know it's not recent memory, but this one was so bad that it still leaves a recent bad taste in my mouth
edit on 19-3-2016 by okrian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

i always hated this one, and any commercial that repeats its number over and over like they do on the radio...
edit on 19-3-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic
Ugh, HeadOn. The commercials were so annoying that they gave you headaches. Good thing they pitched a crappy headache relief product, huh?

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

LOL, look at that computer.

Gotta love the pre-internet days.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I know they make another product, I can't remember the name, but the commercial is just as annoying.

And I hate those Sarah McLochlan guilt trip SPCA commercials... I can't adopt every damn dog on the planet earth, they expect me to tithe the guilt away?

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Youre going to love my nuts.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

edit on 19-3-2016 by revealed because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2016 by revealed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

I always knew you hated me.

Nah, just them Geico ads.

I wanna sail away to a distant shore, and act like an ape man…

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join