It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The WORST Commercial in Recent Memory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
There are lots of annoying things in this world, but nothing has made me go WTF quite like this commercial from our friends at Crest Toothpaste. Ten years ago you didn't have to endure all the neon white smiles and commercials for whitening products. Thanks to corporate America we have a whole new created industry we DIDN'T NEED.

So why is this commercial particularly vile? It caters to the worst aspects of human nature. We have this vane and superficial James Dean knock off who probably hasn't ever been with a woman in his life tell us how he got a 'girl like this' who probably is a raging bitch and dropped out of high school, but hey look at her...she is hot! Woohoo!

Here is the deep and moving dialog from the video for those of you that don't want to waste 15 seconds of your life listening to this moron talk about his totally awesome, abnormally white teeth.

Loser guy: "You know what women love? Strippers. How do you think I got a girl like this?"

Announcer: "If you strip, romance will follow. Crest Whitestrips remove years of stains. Try Whitestrips and see what stripping can do for you."

Keep it classy, Crest.

edit on 2016/3/19 by Metallicus because: Readability Update

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The GEICO cavemen commercials, each and every one of them.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

This Geico isn't that good either. At least Flo isn't in it. The looks she and the chimp give each other…

…priceless.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

The GEICO cavemen commercials, each and every one of them.

I forgot those, but I still think this has a certain level of vileness that even those can't touch. I want to punch this guy in his neon white smile.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

It is bad, I admit that. I had not seen that one.

I pay premium to be able to avoid commercials these days.

Note: note all commercials are aired in all 50 states.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
That puppy-monkey-baby commercial is the worst thing I've seen in, um, ever.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Why hate the actors, though? They're making a living like anyone else. An ad agency created it, and Crest pushes the whitening. The actors could, in their personal lives, be wonderful people.

I hate advertising as well. I usually mute it or turn it off.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Did you ever see this one? Hilarious.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Don't know how you could equate that beady-eyed creep to James Dean.

Maybe do a little more research.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
That Puppymonkeybaby one was pretty damn bizarre.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That damn thing could be a creature in a horror film...just plain creepy.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I think it's safe to say that all commercials are evil incarnate & the direct spawn of Satan. When I hear people talk about commercials they like I die a little on the inside.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143

Don't know how you could equate that beady-eyed creep to James Dean.

Maybe do a little more research.

Yes, I know I'm a terrible human being, but this no James Dean. That hook he has for a nose will offset any appeal his purty teeth could give him.
Maybe he's rich and his new step mom is good looking.
edit on 19-3-2016 by JohnthePhilistine because: jamesdean

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Agreed!

I saw one a few years ago where a "hot" guy is walking through a metal detector...it beeps. Fast forward to the end, the two "sexy" security women have the guy stripped to his boxers...he walks through, and they wink at the camera and follow the guy down the hall....what is wrong with us?!?!

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I saw something a bit like this in my high school days. Don't ask what I was doing. It's as disturbing now as it was then and I think I know what the advertising boys are doing in their offices. Gotta be to come up with this.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Anyone see the puking unicorn commercial that aired on MTV?

puking unicorn

(sorry, i don't know how to show the video)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I will take that over our pathetic torturous loud, obnoxious, screaming, car lot commercials here on a local level.....

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Speaking of commercials, do you remember maybe 25 years ago there was a commercial where the announcer spoke in a markedly rapid pace? It was almost kind of a joke because it was so much faster than all the other commercials at the time. But it caught on so that over the years now most commercials have rapid speaking patter to get in more and more sales pitches fast fast fast.

But here is another thing I have noticed. When people with voices in lower registers talk, it takes longer for the words to come out because the sound is coming from down deep in the chest and the vocal cords vibrate a a low rate. This isn't fast enough. Now more and more the pitches are given by people with high voices who use their upper throats to talk. This serves to not only prattle on at a faster rate but also to favor announcers with high pitched voices, mainly women with irritatingly high voices that pierce through your brain like a buzz saw.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

This Geico isn't that good either. At least Flo isn't in it. The looks she and the chimp give each other…

…priceless.

I always knew you hated me.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Twoallbeefspecialsaucelettucecheesepicklesoniononaseasameseedbun!

burp

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join