It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just watched the New Battlestar Galactica

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
And it Kicked ass

It was played serious not campish like the first one I am looking forward to seeing the next one and then the series.

Eward James Almos was great as Adama and I think we have a winner here as long as it doesnt sink to the levels of the first.

What do yall think?

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Starbuck really should have been male.

I did like the dysfunctional Colonel Tigh

I like the new Adama

However, I liked the old series as well I mean how can you top Loyd Bridges ????? as Comander Cain

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This series rings a bell but cant quite place it.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I remember watching the orginal series when I was younger and couldn't wait for the new episode to come out every week. I got the whole series on DVD for Christmas.

This new Battlestar is the same! Every episode rocks and I'm glued to the tv every Monday night (that's when Sky premiers a new one).

The not knowing of who's a Cylon and trying to guess who is kills me. I also like the way the producers of this series brought back at least one orginal character (Richard Hatch). To me that kind of pays hommage and respect to the orginal series.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Springer seems to really be enjoying this one. What little I've watched I liked a lot better than the first series.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I've been watching the series for a while now, and to be honest its......great

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
i love the new one.

i believe sci if is going to play the hell out of the 2 part miniseries until the show starts on friday.

but anyways im looking forward to the first episode

starts at 8 on friday for all you people in the central timezone for the US.

WOO!

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I think I can state without a doubt this is one of the finest SCI-FI series I have ever seen. I love it.

Its gritty and real and so are the people.

The ONLY gripe I have is the SAME OLD STUFF.

Sound in space. Some minor science screw ups, just a few details I wished they would have covered but other than that. GREAT.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
thats the whole point the director is trying to make. desperate people do desperate things in desperate situations. i thank god that we still use good old fashion weapons instead of the some more unreal weapons *cough*star trek*cough*

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I've also been watching the new series. And as many have said already, it does kick ass. You people in the UK are lucky, you are almost through the first season while us in the States are only though the first two eps 33 and Water. (Thats a BAD Boomer!)

[edit on 1-16-2005 by Sarcasimo]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I've never seen this "battlestar Galatica" before..but I'm a great fan of "Space:Above and Beyond" (best space sci-fi series IMHO) for its realism..Is battlestar similar?

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Sound in space. Some minor science screw ups, just a few details I wished they would have covered but other than that. GREAT.

well i actually think they tuned down the sound effects for the space dog fights.

i honestly think the combat is quieter than that of most sci fi movies like star wars.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
episode just finished.....and damn..its getting really interesting, you've in for some nice surprises if your country is behind the UK in the series showing.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
episode just finished.....and damn..its getting really interesting, you've in for some nice surprises if your country is behind the UK in the series showing.

We have just started (no Spoilers please)

For what I pay for cable I cant believe a bunch of Tea sipping %@$^$^$#^
get to see it first.....LOL

Just kidding

I seriously cant get over how good it is. When I first heard of it coming back I thought "who cares?" the first series was only surpassed in terribleness by "Battlestar Galactica 1980" possibly the worst SCI-FI show in history.

I cant wait for the next episode

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
alls i know is this: this is first tv series i will buy on DVD

Finally something i like on TV

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Nobody answered my query yet...

I've never seen this "battlestar Galatica" before..but I'm a great fan of "Space:Above and Beyond" (best space sci-fi series IMHO) for its realism..Is battlestar similar?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Nobody answered my query yet...

I think its a lot better but yes it is similar

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
We have just started (no Spoilers please)

No need to worry i hate it as well when people spoil the ending/series

For what I pay for cable I cant believe a bunch of Tea sipping %@$^$^$#^
get to see it first.....LOL

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It is really cool.

It got a bit dull at one point but its become good again.

top topics

join