It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Face2Face, real time facial manipulation technology.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
They are going to employ this tech in a major, history-changing way in the near future. They must do it before the general public becomes aware and skepticism sets in. It could be the assassination of a major figure or whatever would get the public riled up enough to swallow the blue pill without question.

This is far too valuable a tool for the PTB to just let lie and not employ it to further their agenda.
I'll make a prediction it will be used within a year to lead us in to war, take a chip or institute all digital currency.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Had actually seen a few youtubers playing around with this, and it's scary how well it works so soon. Exponentially better when someone with graphics background manipulates with it.

This along with voice replication soft-ware, we may truly be entering an era when you can't believe what you hear or see on the screens.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 1984hasarrived

It appears to be another nail in our coffin. Anyone who is in a position of power i.e., Fed and state prosecutors, politicians and mass propaganda outlets can use this technology to great effect on targeted audiences. I was alarmed when the world changed film to digital of images in stills and videos. A professional with Adobe Photoshop can manipulate anything and often photos can be suspect in court rooms and news outlets can "create" content to drive public opinion. I've often wondered if there is technology that can be targeted on certain individuals to commit violent crimes. The last ten years of mass shootings make me suspicious. To my own situation, asking or commenting on that issue caused many to assume I'm only a conspiracy theorist. However, recent technological advancements, such as this, surfaces that causes fear. Considering hideous crimes with firearms are all too often and the push for gun control by govt. officials seem imminent, having such technology can make their goal giftwrapped for their benefit. In fact, anyone who can offer any info on such technology that I may use in my research would be appreciated.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Makes me think of the story in metal gear solid 2 where the shadow government is actually the AIs of dead people uploaded to a computer, or the possibility that some people that are shown to have extreme views and are the new boogie-men of the world may not exist at all and are purely fictitious... Just thinking out loud sorry

edit on 30-3-2016 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Indeed, China has been editing fallen, disgraced leaders from pics for years, even pre PS.

Digital media is so much easier to manipulate as this technology shows, but the implications are huge. I often wondered before about certain US presidents and how they could converse so well on screen, seeing as how they were not the sharpest tool in the drawer.

originally posted by: dagann

It appears to be another nail in our coffin. Anyone who is in a position of power i.e., Fed and state prosecutors, politicians and mass propaganda outlets can use this technology to great effect on targeted audiences. I was alarmed when the world changed film to digital of images in stills and videos. A professional with Adobe Photoshop can manipulate anything and often photos can be suspect in court rooms and news outlets can "create" content to drive public opinion. I've often wondered if there is technology that can be targeted on certain individuals to commit violent crimes. The last ten years of mass shootings make me suspicious. To my own situation, asking or commenting on that issue caused many to assume I'm only a conspiracy theorist. However, recent technological advancements, such as this, surfaces that causes fear. Considering hideous crimes with firearms are all too often and the push for gun control by govt. officials seem imminent, having such technology can make their goal giftwrapped for their benefit. In fact, anyone who can offer any info on such technology that I may use in my research would be appreciated.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
FYI when people say I am a "conspiracy theorist" (people love to label, it gives them a sense of security and control), I point out I am a "conspiracy realist" instead which is a much more accurate "label" IMHO.

Don't be put down by a label, claim it and make it your own.

originally posted by: dagann

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I've suspected something like this for some time. When I found no proof of it I wondered why it had not been done. In all fairness I've never trusted video. As an earlier poster said this popped up in the running man.

I'd also thought if a video can be made digital, why can't a computer just recreate it pixel by pixel? Looking at cgi technology I was of the opinion we hadn't reached this point yet. I was wrong, we have and it's truly terrifying.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

The more I've learned the more I've developed an attitude of automatically considering the "angles" that might not be immediately obvious in something I'm seeing for the first time but are there nonetheless.

Consider the facial scan that is now mandatory when you get your driver's license. The same demonstration in the OP video is virtually certain to be possible in reverse. If you happen to be unlucky enough to be someone that is marked for the destruction of your reputation or a trip for a long stay at some gov't facility, they have the means to create a bank robbery or, even worse, a rape or child molestation that even your own family would swear was you. With dependable maps of the corresponding digital locations of the face of your "stand-in" and you, you could be believably inserted into almost any security film.

This is truly scary stuff. I'm not sure how you would defend yourself because, if they wanted you badly enough, it would be just as easy to create "proof" that the people who were your alibi weren't where you said they were at the time of the incident you were being charged with!

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This is not new technology.

I remember being in Holland in 2002 (it was the changeover to Euro, so I remember it well) and I was discussing face recognition with some very *smart guys there [*Smart guys is subjective, for those people who want me to provide a source].

They were already aware of the technology and were compliant, but had not thought of the future implications. I do not live in Europe all the time and disagree with the invasiveness of it, it does not work IMHO.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Soon it could be asked Is this real technology in use or are the actors copying those shown?

Just stating the possibility ahead of time to cease any obfuscation in that whole plausible deniability... for more scrutiny to these things. Where were they there or weren't they was at a hologram with them speaking off camera for personal safety... or an actor? Makes that old need for body doubles to disappear of course you can't kill a hologram... if one wants to fake their death have facial reconstruction and then blend back in with a new identity.

Oddly the only thing different between people are the very egos themselves that makes them appear different... yet that personality as an individual would be difficult to manipulate by an actor.

Just think of how in animation like in the series Family Guy when the voice actress "Meg" was replaced with another... similar voice but the character eventually blended into one not even recognizable to the old as the new personality changed the character from the co-workers behind the scenes interacting with the new voice actor the role slowly changed... as the writers etc often base personality on actual people... like ok what would "Meg" do to the actor having had to embody that character.

Gives new concept to that whole WWJD movement that was going on several years ago now doesn't it?

edit on 13-9-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: N3k9Ni

Perfect tool if you wish whitewash history in the digital era

Imagine all the historical videos that can now be digitally altered in order to warp the truth in our history

It does make me wonder, if this tech being shown to the public, how long has it been there behind closed doors ?

MSNBC and CNN have put in their purchase order

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
You are all looking at the worst possible outcome.

Imagine George w sitting at his desk making a fine powerful speech. All he has to do is sit there staring ahead saying nothing and his talking head will come alive. All of those great stupid gaffes ... gone! He could go down as one of the best instead of one of the silliest.

Obama has to deal with an out of control tele-promter. No problem!

But you could also take say Putin's speech and have him declare Nuclear War then you can hit Russia with everything and say, "He started it."

Interesting developments.

What will they make little Kimmy say next week.

P

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Liberal America, you've been false triggered lol.

Trump has really been saying the nicest most politically correct things all this time. Damn this stuff is powerful voodoo.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

plan b for hillary

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Exactly... everything becomes plausible deniability in I never said that or was ever there due to this technology.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Wow with all the increased security and cameras everywhere. This technology could seriously be dangerous in the wrong hands. People could be framed for crimes they didn't commit and then disappeared never to be seen again. Imagine even religious figures, powerful people, celebrities or other groups being manipulated for whatever agenda. Perfect propaganda tool... The twilight zone just got creepier.
edit on 13-9-2016 by AnonymousTi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousTi

Which also means the surveillance state with technology watching your every move also becomes your best defense unless of course someone is paranoid that it is out to get you... then one should likely watch their criminal activities instead of constantly looking over their shoulder hoping to not be found out.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Someone could hack your information and use your identity against you. If you are like me and don't believe 9/11's official story then there is reason to be concerned even if you are not a criminal. I say the cons outweigh the benefits.
edit on 13-9-2016 by AnonymousTi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousTi

They already do

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
So I just have one serious question, first off this kinda gave me a freaky chilling vibe none the less but...

How do we know the face actors are not being reenacted by another face actor!?

temporal photometric similarity inception.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join