It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not a rant realy but - new forum skin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
While i like the new look forum skin in itself, im pretty peeved it has screwed up the live page for me. The table data in the script is forcing it into two page lengths for me in firefox. I always have ATS live page open in a tab and it used to be viewable in one page with a reasonable font size so it was handy for a quick scan of the headers. Cant do that now as it stands and resizing the font not only makes it way too small for my aging eyes it also causes some weird line breaks to the text when it resizes the text body. Ive looked in my profile page for skin preference but you dont have it allowed i guess, only light n dark on the header bar. Can you tweak the live page script to give it some width?

ps. laptop doesnt any more than 1366x768

edit on 19-3-2016 by kountzero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: kountzero

I'm not sure how it looks on your system, but on mine it looks quite allright, here is a screenshot:

Does it look like that on your system too?
edit on 19-3-2016 by ForteanOrg because: he replaced the screenshot with a clearer one

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Mine looks bare. I did like that each topic had its own little square before, makes it easy to skim. Now its just bullet points in nothing. I will get used to it but I preferred the old look because I'm a bit weird.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
im on firefox and it just dont renew i still have topics that have been there for days

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
its still looks fine in chrome but on my firefox browser its only alowing 4 words per line in the columns, it used to resize the column width and words if you resized.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
My live page is stuck.

FIX PLEASE.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: haven123
a reply to: eXia7

Have you tried a ctrl + shift + r or a ctrl + f5?

Those commands for firefox to reload a page with all new cookies and ignores anything locally stored in your cache.

Try that out on the live page and see if it helps.
edit on 3/19/2016 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta

Those commands for firefox to reload a page with all new cookies and ignores anything locally stored in your cache.

nice one thats loaded up new topics, thanks

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta

Been using firefox forever, and I never knew about that. Thanks!

I don't use hotkeys much, I'm a point and click noob when using an internet browser.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I am on Safari and I also have 5 day old topics!

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
If, at any point with any web page on any website, the content on the page seems out of date, forcing a browser refresh is always the appropriate step.

I changed some of the fundamental ways our content is created, so when such a big change happens, it's even more important to force a refresh if you encounter problems.

Refreshing will fix it, I promise.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

When i am on my iPhone the ATS home page has Mobil view. I have to click on someone's post to get it to desktop view. My setting are set for desktop. FYI

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

The optimum mobile experience is the mobile version of the website. There's a long list of performance/code enhancements specific to those on mobile devices.

That being said, the home page doesn't deliver the "desktop" version for mobile users.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Here is a screen shot.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Thank you,I understand now that the optimum experience on a mobile phone is the mobile view. And yes it looks great! I like like the desktop view on my iPhone. I am here for the content.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Ok, switched to the light skin and everything works ok [except for my eyes 1st thing in the morning lol] Ctr-shift-r made no difference. Suggests to me theres a change in the css for the dark skin that is setting the column width as fixed. I used to admin on a load of forums running invision power board and we used to get this issue sometimes with a new skin. It was down to a tag that defined the table. Been a long while since i did that so its feen filed in the unrecoverable data in my brain somewhere or overwritten by some bosnian pyramid exposed story etc lol.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
deleted because it is just not worth dealing with anyone here...
edit on 20-3-2016 by totallackey because: cause I want to...

new topics

top topics

join