It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret City - A film about the City of London, the Corporation that runs it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
A very informative film on the City of London, explains it very well and also the part it played in the GFC. Explains how it grew from the servant of the world in to the beast it is today. It looks at it from many angles but the part I find most interesting is the implications it has on world monetary system.

The City of London (the square mile) has grown in to one of the biggest pro-finance corporation lobby groups and tax havens. Whenever you see a person working hard on their farm for little pay, a person in a third world country with no prospects, a bank foreclosed home, this place had a lot to do with it.

edit on 19/3/16 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

When I clicked the video, the first thin I saw was a heap sheep yards outside the gate. What they they there for. ????

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Well, thanks for posting! I am going to watch. It is interesting to see how the same things happening around the world mean it isn't just a US problem. Granted, I knew that, but it is sometimes hard digging deeper when you don't fully know the people and organizations involved over there. I have been wanting to see how it connects to what is happening in the US.

First thoughts, checking out en.m.wikipedia.org... ...It is interesting they use "corporation" like that. I also didn't know businesses get to vote, not just people. As corporately owned government is an American thing in most minds, it is funny that is happening there.

Definitely going to check this all out. S&F

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

I think they used them to stop people occupying a square during the Occupy protests a couple of years back.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Right off, "the first capitalist city, the first empirical, imperialist, colonialist… all that stuff the people immigrated from Europe to get away from. Now the US has returned to that form of government…

The Empire State, corporations rule.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I was going to make a big thread about this.. Guess all that hard work and research was pointless now.
S and f because it is very interesting.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Why don't you collaborate with cinrad and post your research here?

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

Its not like the Knight Templar and there banker oligarch pals dispersed, there agenda is in full swing.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Because it would have been a three or four post thread.. And it's not quote finished yet.
To be honest by the time I would post it this thread would be a dead thread..
It would be a waste of time to do it that way.. Anyway not to worry I'll find another subject to cover.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Because it would have been a three or four post thread.. And it's not quote finished yet.
To be honest by the time I would post it this thread would be a dead thread..
It would be a waste of time to do it that way.. Anyway not to worry I'll find another subject to cover.

Regardless of this video, if your own research is thorough and diverse, then why wouldn't you post it?

How does one research so much, with passion of truth and curiosity, then get discouraged and abandon such work because a video?

I'm sure many here would appreciate your work, and maybe you cover things this video does not.

Either way, I think it's an insullt of yourself to not post this, based on your own work!

@op - at work, but I'll dig in later, thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I'd like to see it.

Do you come up with the same facts as the video?
Do you come to the same conclusions as to what effect the City of London Corporation has on the world.
Do you come up with any future scenarios?
Do you come up with more cover ups?
Who are the guys that run it, and what were their religious and political beliefs.

Lots of stuff you could still cover. I found the video a good source as I knew virtually nothing about it or the issues, just that the Corporation existed. I am not going to do any more research on it from rural Australia.

new topics

top topics

join