It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing 737 from Dubai crashes in southern Russia

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Exactly . I read in a comment here that the plane is from 2011-2012

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ZeroFurrbone

And see my earlier comment. With almost 9,000 built you can easily find more problems with the 737 than others just because of numbers built and in service.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Honestly i just wanted to link it. Probably no conspiracy here. Just coinsidence.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
My take on it would be the case of bad luck.
As they were approaching the runway they needed to maintain the low possible speed for safe landing.
Gusts suddenly changes direction, maybe in this case from the rear of the plane, forcing the plane to loose speed as there were not enough air circulating from the front of the wings which eventually leading the plane to a stall.
Unfortunately I think it is another human error and tragic loss. May their souls rest in peace.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I haven't flown in 25 years so some things may have changed. Ground stops/gate holds are for several reasons ranging from air traffic control in saturated by planes holding, plane unable to land or take off due to visibility.

The captain is the final authority as to flying into weather and whether to attempt to land or take off. The airplane that I flew was limited to how low visibility could be before landing or take off. It was permitted to take off with a runway visual range of 1600 feet and landing in 200 foot ceiling and 1/2 mile visibility. The bigger carriers are equipped to go much lower visibilities.

Most people do not realize how low these values are when traveling at 130 MPH. Then factor in the weather condition at the time of landing or take off. Freezing rain or blowing snow and on a clear day the temperature can be restricting.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The FDR has been downloaded and had good data until impact. The CVR has more damage, including a data cable that they're attempting to repair before they download it.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Exactly, what did you believe i was trying to state ?

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I wonder if it would be possible for aircraft to send all the black box data in real time over the airwaves to be recorded on the ground. Obviously, different ground stations would record various sections of the flight, but it must be feasible.

I guess there are not enough plane crashes to warrant such an expense

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

We may eventually see that. They just mandated new real time tracking for all aircraft, and eventually may go to a burst transmission system for the recorders.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

We may eventually see that. They just mandated new real time tracking for all aircraft, and eventually may go to a burst transmission system for the recorders.

What do you mean by they just mandated real time tracking? Aren't planes tracked in real time anyway?

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Most are, at least the ones that converted to ADS-B, but the ones that haven't can only be tracked when they're in range of a radar system, or by radio waypoint reporting.

They recently changed the tracking mandate to increase the ability to track them, largely because of MH370.

To be clear, I meant outside normal radar range.
edit on 3/21/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Most are, at least the ones that converted to ADS-B, but the ones that haven't can only be tracked when they're in range of a radar system, or by radio waypoint reporting.

They recently changed the tracking mandate to increase the ability to track them, largely because of MH370.

To be clear, I meant outside normal radar range.

i understand. Thanks

Reminds me of when i was flying to Sydney for a job and my wife was tracking my flight from London. I was chatting to her on the Ipad and i suddenly disappeared off her screen (i think it was somewhere over the Indian ocean) and i got a flurry of messages asking if i was still there and alive. I had drifted off to sleep and the messages got more and more panicky. im laughing but i felt bad.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

That's one of the things they're looking to correct. There are some large holes in coverage. If you follow FlightAware, they have poor coverage in Europe and parts of Asia. FlightRadar24 has the same problem over the US and some areas of North America.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
New video shot from a distance shows the aircraft stall.

youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Wow that thing dropped like a stone. Happened so fast I don't think they could have recovered even with full power.

On a side note, the visibility doesn't look nearly as bad on this video.

Edit - now that I watch it a few times I'm wondering if they did add power for the go around but due to either spacial disorientation or somatogravic illusion they did not realize how much of a nose down attitude they were in. Hard to tell.
edit on 21-3-2016 by charolais because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

youtu.be...

That is such a sad sight to behold. How do you know it stalled? All I see is the plane plummeting down out of the deck of clouds.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

youtu.be...

That is such a sad sight to behold. How do you know it stalled? All I see is the plane plummeting down out of the deck of clouds.

If you watch the clouds you can see the landing lights for a few seconds and it appears to be either in level flight or a shallow decent, then it stalls just as it's coming out of the ceiling.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

When an aircraft stalls the nose drops, just like you see there.

This was a 747 freighter taking off in Afghanistan. One of the MRAPs they were carrying shifted aft, causing them to stall, and crash.

youtu.be...

That's exactly what this aircraft did.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Investigators reportedly were able to get the CVR downloaded, and said it had good data.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Investigators reportedly were able to get the CVR downloaded, and said it had good data.

Thanks for the update.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join