It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing 737 from Dubai crashes in southern Russia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

They were around 3500 when they suddenly dropped. They haven't said the exact altitude they went missed approach, but I think it was near 1,000 feet or so.
edit on 3/19/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Plenty of altitude to come down as hard and fast as appears on camera.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: buddah6

My gut says they flew into a microburst as they went missed approach. It would have knocked them right into the ground at that altitude, and the weather is consistent with one. There were zero indications of fire or other trouble, right up until impact.

Microburst happen as a result of a cumulus cloud collapsing. If it was a solid overcast that makes a microburst unlikely. Another possibility is windshear or maybe wake turbulence from the preceding Aeroflot airplane. Zaph, I'm just guessing and your assumption is as good as mine!

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The angle it came down certainly leads to that possibility. I think what is far more telling is the fact they were holding for 2 hours waiting for the weather to improve. Perhaps dispatch told them in no uncertain terms they preferred them to loiter and land. I'd also like to know the experience in the cockpit. If the FO had any substantial experience. Flying in Russia is challenging, much more so then in the west. ATC support in that part of the world is slim to none. Many times flying into Petropavlosk in the far Russian east, I have had the pleasure of Russian ATC trying to ruin my day. Gods speed to the crew.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I don't think there was any traffic around him. It didn't sound like it in the ATC recording.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: HickoryStick

They had 5700 and 5900, approximately, between them. The Captain flew 737s for Helious before they shut down after the Athens crash.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
I think the lo light camera is intensifying the light (and reflections) more. As far as the steep angle, that is surely a loss of control. Wind shear was reported by the tower, that airport is known for it.

Until they rule it out and describe something else from the black box data, that is.

You raise the same question nagging me, wind shear reduces lift but can it make such a steep, fast decent to the ground from such a low altitude?

Like I told Zaph, we're just guessing. You're correct in saying the black boxes will tell the story.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77
Very tragic news thoughts to those passed and their relatives..

I highly suspect this is another example of EMP directed from Planet X. I saw the object/s again last night and they are considerably developed.

Here's the thread regarding Emp and PX; this may sound fanciful to the uniniated but has very real data from the magnetosphere backing it up. Again many troll posts but nobody effectively debunking the topic at hand:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Heres a recent example of our magnetosphere depicting unprecedented particle bombardment, this is not the Sun.

SOHO image of Px:

Heres just one example of hundreds of images I have taken-these objects were seen for an hour:

Here's me thread containing my years worth of Px images again lots of trolling but zero Effective debunking-as it's real!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Give it a rest dude.

Is there anything that happens in the world that you CAN'T somehow associate to lens flares and clouds. ..sorry I mean Planet X's immenant arrival?

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I don't think there was any traffic around him. It didn't sound like it in the ATC recording.

Maybe, I read it wrong! I was under the impression that an Aeroflot flight had made three attempts to land in front of them. My timeline may be wrong.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

They did, but they just said prior to the mishap, they didn't give an exact timeline as to when in relation to the MA.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I haven't read the entire thread but when I saw the video very early this morning I assumed it was on fire. It looked an awful lot like it. I'm suprised that there is doubt. It could be the lights I guess...just saying my initial thought was its in fire and dropping like a stone

Horrible. Just horrible . Poor people.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

I've seen a couple of videos with CCTV cameras like this and they all looked like they were on fire for some reason. When the recorders were looked at there wasn't a single indication of fire.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

a reply to: 3danimator2014

I've seen a couple of videos with CCTV cameras like this and they all looked like they were on fire for some reason. When the recorders were looked at there wasn't a single indication of fire.

Sure. I can see that that's entirely possible. It's a bight time cam and bright lights will flare out.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Four investigators from the UAE will be involved in the investigation as well as a team consisting of the NTSB, FAA, and Boeing. The investigation will take at least two months as required under Russian law.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Well that's over 10000 hours in the cockpit if I read that correctly. Seems experience is not the issue. Could be a stall.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: HickoryStick

The Captain was about to leave FlyDubai to move to RyanAir. They haven't said much about the FO, but experience definitely doesn't seem to have been an issue.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The aircraft had an additional 2.5 hours of fuel on board at the time of the crash.

Pictures, video, and METARS data at the following link:
avherald.com...

For those unfamiliar but interested some primers on METARS.

www.wunderground.com...
m.wikihow.com...(METAR)
www.met.tamu.edu...
edit on 3/19/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I wonder why the air controller did not reroute the flight to another airport? A two hour hold is a long time.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

From what I have read the Russian attitude is that diversion is entirely up to the Captain. If they choose to remain and wait the controllers will just kind of shrug and go with it.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Ok thank you. The pilot must have not know they would be in a hold for 2 hours. I am sure if he had know he would have diverted his plane.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join