It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unedited footage of the bombing of Nagasaki

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Still, I consider the simple civilians who died that day and how their focus was on working, being a good family member, creating art and culture, and simply wanting to enjoy the day to day..all their contributions wiped out.

Just like all the slave labour POW's that died under the Japanese, just like all the civilians in Nanking, just like all the civilian slave labourers that died under the Japanese.... but apparently they do not count!

This sort of thread always brings out the Japanese apologists.
edit on 22-3-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
a reply to: 3danimator2014

70K largely innocent people dead due to actions of their gov and our gov. One has to wonder how anyone can walk away from this action and be proud of who they are.

how proud would one be, when hundreds of thousands or even millions of innocent people would be killed by an all-out ground invasion....in my mind there was no conflict of morality here, this was war, and war is ugly, and dehumanizing...pride had nothing to do with it, in fact, you won't hear one WW2 vet say he was "proud" that the atom bomb was used.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Still, I consider the simple civilians who died that day and how their focus was on working, being a good family member, creating art and culture, and simply wanting to enjoy the day to day..all their contributions wiped out.

Just like all the slave labour POW's that died under the Japanese, just like all the civilians in Nanking, just like all the civilian slave labourers that died under the Japanese.... but apparently they do not count!

my god
the japanese CIVILIANS did all that?
oh..no...they didnt.
fool
take your random unspecified rage elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

That's a very naïve answer. Surely the "Rods from God" are more impactful more destructive and less poisonous after. Science does work exactly like that as technology doubles now every couple of years.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
Hi all,

I just finished watching this and thought you guys might enjoy it.

Enjoy it?

The suffering of so many souls.

Regardless of the which side was right/wrong of the atrocity called WWII.

To enjoy this crime against humanity.

You honestly need help.

edit on 26-3-2016 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: Bedlam

the norks seem like they could use some light therapy to brighten up their disposition. any chance?

If Trump gets in, I could imagine the future will be so bright, you'll have to wear shades. And maybe some sunblock.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
a dreadful event. you may have already read 'The making of the Atomic Bomb' by Richard Rhodes, but if not, it's a tremendous history of the bomb and the physicists who developed it - i'm currently re-reading it again.

People ask me why I don't trust scientists. I usually just don't respond. I figure if they haven't got at least enough common sense to have a healthy distrust of people who can figure out how to cook a pizza with radio waves, nothing I can say is going to change their mind.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

a dreadful event. you may have already read 'The making of the Atomic Bomb' by Richard Rhodes, but if not, it's a tremendous history of the bomb and the physicists who developed it - i'm currently re-reading it again.

People ask me why I don't trust scientists. I usually just don't respond. I figure if they haven't got at least enough common sense to have a healthy distrust of people who can figure out how to cook a pizza with radio waves, nothing I can say is going to change their mind.

And yet you are happy to trust them to develop the quantum mechanics that allow your computer to be built?

I hope you were joking.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: Bedlam

the norks seem like they could use some light therapy to brighten up their disposition. any chance?

If Trump gets in, I could imagine the future will be so bright, you'll have to wear shades. And maybe some sunblock.

Like factor 1000.

2nd

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: acrux

Hi all,

I just finished watching this and thought you guys might enjoy it.

Enjoy it?

The suffering of so many souls.

Regardless of the which side was right/wrong of the atrocity called WWII.

To enjoy this crime against humanity.

You honestly need help.

LOL. I enjoyed the information. Not the deaths.

I was going to insult you back..but what's the point? Your post says more about you than I could.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: brice

That's a very naïve answer. Surely the "Rods from God" are more impactful more destructive and less poisonous after. Science does work exactly like that as technology doubles now every couple of years.

But those don't exist.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

And yet you are happy to trust them to develop the quantum mechanics that allow your computer to be built?

I hope you were joking.

No, I was not joking. And they never asked me to trust them to send us down the road we're on. I own a microwave and a computer but I still don't trust them. And never will. The things they create can certainly transform the world but at the end of the day, they are not deities. They're just people. And I have met enough people to be confident in my distrust of people who see themselves as gods and believe they know what's best.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I hope you were joking.

No, I was not joking. And they never asked me to trust them to send us down the road we're on. I own a microwave and a computer but I still don't trust them. And never will. The things they create can certainly transform the world but at the end of the day, they are not deities. They're just people. And I have met enough people to be confident in my distrust of people who see themselves as gods and believe they know what's best.

But...the things man builds works on principles that are bound to the Universe. Men didn't invent quatum mechanical properties or electromagnetic radiation, we just utilise them for our need. So, with or without man, microwaves will still have the power to cook things. With or without man, quantum properties of subatomic particles will still exist which allow for transistors to be built.

And, just a little tip. Unless you want to be labelled a hypocrite, maybe its best not to benefit from the very things you cry foul about.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
ssssshhhhhuusssssshhhh..of course they don't exist.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
When out near Dugway at night wear some 5000+ sunblock..

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
If we could only understand the effect that had on Japanese mentality. You'd have to talk to the Chinese and Koreans about how 'they' were. Maybe some survivors of the Bataan Death March. The whole country had a messed up (fanatical) mentality and it took a totally radical event to wake 'em up and bring 'em back to reality.

And ... look at what they're sliding back towards thanks to Chinese provocation. -sigh

The psychology of the Japanese people is fascinating.
However, I don't think many of the public are following their leaders militarily in current times. I recall that there were large protests when the Japanese government recently passed laws to start rearmament.

Most of the older citizens are seemingly entirely against it, many of the young are too. It seems to me that only a minority are willing to concede a middle ground and think that they need to create defensive forces and at least *in writing* have the ability to wage war.

And of course this isn't only in response to China, it's in response to NK too.

I do believe that a confrontation with NK is now inevitable, and I believe that Japan's move to become more militarily capable is a sign of this impending action.

There is no doubt that the world is going to have to deal with NK, and it seems this plan has been in motion for some time - likely since the first proven Nuclear test was conducted in the country. The US and China are now almost on the same page with regard to NK, Japan has passed new law permitting them to engage.

If we are to make sure such events never happen again as happened to Japan, we have to take action to remove the threat from the most unstable regimes first of all - Iran has been dealt with pretty much, NK will likely be next.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
A horrible and unnecessary event. Japan was on the brink of surrender before Hiroshima, let alone Nagasaki. Militarily unjustifiable action, opposed by all 5-star generals consulted about it.

Military Industrial Complex in it's infancy wanted to test it's new toys.
edit on -050008am4kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Japan is a possible catalyst to events that will unfold on the Korean peninsula. China could be a trigger. But, I think Kim, Jong-Un is a psychopath who needs neither catalyst nor trigger. He ordered the sinking of the Cheonan and the shelling of Yong Pyong Do without provocation. He's got nuclear weapons and he likes setting them off. Fathead won't be satisfied 'til he uses one on people.

I think we'll see a very long range ballistic missile launch or a couple more satellite launches before he's ready to go big. We've got a few strategic launch platforms within rapid striking range. I don't know if North Korea can ready a nuclear capable delivery system for launch before it can be detected. I don't know (but strongly suspect) the US will take out China along with North Korea if pushed to the point of taking out the latter. If they do that they're probably going to take out Russia too.

Dangerous times we're living in. I'd like to go back to Seoul, but what little fatty's going to do is already written in the stars. As much as I like the Land of the Morning Calm, I don't want to die there forgotten.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: Rocker2013

Japan is a possible catalyst to events that will unfold on the Korean peninsula. China could be a trigger. But, I think Kim, Jong-Un is a psychopath who needs neither catalyst nor trigger. He ordered the sinking of the Cheonan and the shelling of Yong Pyong Do without provocation. He's got nuclear weapons and he likes setting them off. Fathead won't be satisfied 'til he uses one on people.

I think we'll see a very long range ballistic missile launch or a couple more satellite launches before he's ready to go big. We've got a few strategic launch platforms within rapid striking range. I don't know if North Korea can ready a nuclear capable delivery system for launch before it can be detected. I don't know (but strongly suspect) the US will take out China along with North Korea if pushed to the point of taking out the latter. If they do that they're probably going to take out Russia too.

Dangerous times we're living in. I'd like to go back to Seoul, but what little fatty's going to do is already written in the stars. As much as I like the Land of the Morning Calm, I don't want to die there forgotten.

From what I read online, it's only people in the west who are worried about Kim. The residents of seoul are not worried at all.

Realistically you have more chance of being hit by lightning than by one of kims bombs. Far more likely.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join