It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Tells Arizona Voters: “We’ve Done A Really Good Job Securing The Border”

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Another one for the books.

Hillary was on a show in Arizona and had the unmitigated gall to say:

“We’ve Done A Really Good Job Securing The Border”

She went on to say that border security isn’t as big an issue as Republicans have made it out to be.

I know many people actually believe it too.

The author of this article thinks she may not have been totally lying !!!

Hillary Tells Arizona Voters: “We’ve Done A Really Good Job Securing The Border”

Actually, Hillary is correct on this one:

The NY-NJ border has been very quiet lately.

And no major incidents to report on the Connecticut border, either.

Via Mediaite:

Hillary Clinton said in an interview with an Arizona radio station… that border security isn’t as big an issue as Republicans have made it out to be….

On the question of border security, Clinton said, “I think we’ve done a really good job securing the border. I think that those who say we haven’t are not paying attention to everything that was done the last 15 years under President Bush and President Obama.”

She pointed to the increase in border security officers and how “immigration from Mexico has dropped considerably, it’s just not happening anymore.”

Listen to the radio/phone interview...

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
You honestly have to wonder sometime: Is she really that out of touch or does she have such a low opinion of voters, that they are stupid enough to believe her?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
You honestly have to wonder sometime: Is she really that out of touch or does she have such a low opinion of voters, that they are stupid enough to believe her?

If I had to pick, ole cankles thinks we're that stupid.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
She's trash. I lived in Tucson during Bush's presidency and it wasn't true then. They're all full of #
edit on 18-3-2016 by EightTF3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I think her reasoning is based on the difference between the late 90s and now. I have faith that you can and will come back with a strong rebuttal. Something seems off about these numbers.

Border Patrol apprehensions, which are a rough measure of the flow of illegal immigrants, peaked at more than 1.6 million in 1999, when President Clinton was still in office. They’ve dropped dramatically since, to about 337,000 in 2015. Hillary Clinton say...

Either way, maybe they did a good job of making things worse here, so now immigrants don't see it as such a great place.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

Well with somewhere between 10 million and 20 million illegal immigrants in the U.S. right now, I wonder about any "official" head count at the border.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

It's all in how they choose manipulat and report the numbers. More important is what they don't say.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

Well with somewhere between 10 million and 20 million illegal immigrants in the U.S. right now, I wonder about any "official" head count at the border.

Aha! there it is.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I love this.

It's things like this that she won't be able to walk away from.

She owns it now.

hahahaha

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

No big deal, HRC can just reverse her position again, after all she is famous for it!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Or just "cough" it away.

The hot dry Arizona air is going to be hard on her whiskey voice.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I actually live on the AZ MEX border. I actually know how much has been done to secure the border.

That's why the new thing is submarines.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Hillary may not have been lying.(GASP) . They have made it practically impossible for a US citizen to illegally cross the border into Mexico
Peace.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I just got done hunting Javi down in unit 36B near the town of Arivaca Arizona in February. Its about 10 Mi from the border and it feels like it.

First morning at around 4am about 10 border patrol trucks pass our camp up an old ATV/Mine trail. About 5 min later you can hear the dogs going nuts about 400 yards out from our camp. Border patrol had come across a group of about 25 illegals attempting to make it further over the border they had already crossed. Problem for the illegals is we ended up camping in the valley they were going to try and cross that night. With a full moon they decided to stay put for fear of alerting us (they didnt know were hunters they prob thought were a militia or something). Well a drone ended up catching a heat signature early in the morning which is what triggered BP to go after them.

Second night A BP chopper buzzed out camp. He had to of been less than 300 ft above us. Then he flys real low to this hill about a mile from our camp. Then BOOM!!! Bid spotlight hits the hill and about 10 small flashlights click on and start running up the hill and all you see is this guy take off running down the hill with a big radio antenna coming off his back. It took BP a total of 10 seconds from when the spotlight came on to tackle this guy to the ground. Turn out he was a spotter for the cartel. Reporting on camp sights, BP trucks or what ever crosses his path.

Last year in the same area a buddy and I came over the crest of this large steep hill. We were going to glass the valley beyond it for some whitetail. Right when we get to almost the top this guy gets up and starts running over the hill. He was in a full ghillie suit with a big radio on his back. He wasnt armed but he had carpet on his shoes. I was thinking to myself how crummy it must have been to not have boots out there but then when we tried to track him we realized the carpet shoes were to cover his bootprints. Not because he didnt have boots. Longer story short we ended up finding the guy later that day when glassing the valley and got BP on him.

Out of all the times I have hunted unit 36B right on the border I have run into more illegals than the animals im hunting. So no we have done a terrible job at securing the border.

I got an alright video on my phone of the chopper incident. But IDK how to upload it.
edit on 19-3-2016 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Hillary may not have been lying.(GASP) . They have made it practically impossible for a US citizen to illegally cross the border into Mexico
Peace.

That's really funny. I used to just walk across with a drivers license, shop, have lunch. Now you feel like a criminal entering and returning --- with a passport. I don't go now unless I have to.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

Of course you know if they crack down in one area, they move to another. Short of an electrified fence, you'd practically have to have agents holding hands the full length of the border.

I'm over on the west border. They've moved to the coast. They're coming in at night in boats. They've even stopped a couple submarines.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Another one for the books.

Hillary was on a show in Arizona and had the unmitigated gall to say:

“We’ve Done A Really Good Job Securing The Border”

She went on to say that border security isn’t as big an issue as Republicans have made it out to be.

I know many people actually believe it too.

The author of this article thinks she may not have been totally lying !!!

Actually, Hillary is correct on this one:

The NY-NJ border has been very quiet lately.

And no major incidents to report on the Connecticut border, either.

Via Mediaite:

Hillary Clinton said in an interview with an Arizona radio station… that border security isn’t as big an issue as Republicans have made it out to be….

On the question of border security, Clinton said, “I think we’ve done a really good job securing the border. I think that those who say we haven’t are not paying attention to everything that was done the last 15 years under President Bush and President Obama.”

She pointed to the increase in border security officers and how “immigration from Mexico has dropped considerably, it’s just not happening anymore.”

Listen to the radio/phone interview...

What makes me think that when she says this she is actually means is that they've done a good job of preventing Americans from escaping the US when that big steel trap of open tyranny gets sprung which I fear will happen sooner or later.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I listened to the interview.

What she said is correct. Read the statistics on the decrease of border crossings. Immigration from Mexico has dropped considerably.

And again - - I know how much effort has been put into securing the border because I actually live there.

Did she say it was perfect? NO. Did she say it was stopped completely? NO.

She's also correct about the economy, education, and healthcare in AZ. It sucks.

AZ is one of the worst 3 states in education in the country.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   
A vote for Clinton is a vote for Bill to get on it with more chubby women. Listen when you're that ugly you marry your work, and yer husband chases round type women cause the Wednesday nite paper bag has worn a hole in it. Even the daughters ugly...wonder if she decorated her bag.

Still Hilary's finger is far from the pulse of this nation and is much closer to the valley of the crescent moon...in her case bear with wide valley.

The only one who has said anything that they really mean is Trump (potato head butt lips) right or wrong he's speakin his mind. Americans are tired of the dancing and foreplay, they want hot action right now!

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Looks like only Année and filthyanthropist actually focused on the comment which is the topic.

You know, I am not sure what I feel about Hillary - I am still learning about her, and sometimes the posts people make which attempt to slam her actually have the opposite effect.

-Don't vote for her because she's fat and ugly???
-Don't vote for her because she actually admits when she was wrong or changes her mind when she recieves more information???
-The numbers were huge in the Bush adminstration, so her comment that they have changed since is obviously false???

Maybe you guys just posted too early in the morning or too late at night, and didn't think before the fingers started tapping, that happens to everyone. THank goodness there are some that are more awake when they posted to help inform those of us who would like to be.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join