It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist? Really? Here is what people are using to say Trump is a racist...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This references a story in the Wall Street Journal which seems to need a subscription, but the original report was in many sources at the time:

When Trump Fought the Racists

A 1997 Wall Street Journal story featured his Florida fight against anti-Semitism, racists.
But there is a much older “old news” story about Trump that has now resurfaced — a story that paints a highly accurate portrait of the real Donald Trump — the guy who has no time for racism and anti-Semitism and stood up in public to fight both.
Trump had recently purchased the sprawling, seaside estate and turned it into a club. This being located in upscale Palm Beach, Florida, there were other prestigious clubs in the area, clubs that catered to the old order of upper crust Palm Beach society. The problem? Quietly, these other clubs had long barred Jews and African Americans — which is to say they practiced a quiet but steely racism.
…The culture clash began to approach a climax last fall, when Mr. Trump’s lawyer sent members of the town council a copy of the film “Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner,” a film that deals with upper-class racism. Mr. Trump then approached the town council about lifting the restrictions that had been placed on the club. He also asked some council members not to vote on the request because their membership in other clubs created a conflict of interest.

Last December, after the council refused to lift the restrictions, Mr. Trump filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Palm Beach, alleging that the town was discriminating against Mar-a-Lago, in part because it is open to Jews and African-Americans.
In other words? In other words, long before he was running for president, there was Donald Trump battling racism and anti-Semitism in Palm Beach society. Using every tool at his disposal.
This is the same Donald Trump who employs hundreds of Hispanics in the Trump Organization at its various properties across America and around the globe.
The harsh reality of the racism charge against Trump is not only that it is bogus, utterly false from start to finish. The reality is the charges of racism against Trump are coming from the one political force in the country that has a long, deep, and immutable history of racism. A racism that is no relic of a long ago past but both current and visceral, used now as it has always been used — to divide and judge by skin color for political profit.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

No i said you guys need proof that the government and the people of mexico are illisit in sending illegals to the usa.

Well Mexico isn't sending anybody back to Central American countries are they?

Time for your proof professor.

A copy of the manual you guys claim to exist then please. Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Unless obviously you guys have mistaken this for a Mexican named Manual? The guy who teaches you to follow him to America? That's the closest to the legitimacy of an ilegal boarder exchange program involving a 'Manual'.

Officials here say the small booklet, illustrated in comic-book style, is not intended to encourage illegal immigration, but to reduce the loss of life.

Why even be so miss leading in the title of the article than? Oh ya, because half our country is racist and the other half only supports it because the potential that will kill/breed out any intolerance anyway. I hope you shiver at night knowing white people make these arguements, and that your own race hates itself. Hate to break it to you, but we stopped the racewar loop. I personally extend American Rights to people classified as "Human". After we win all these wars unifying the world, I hope you find the indifference of ever claiming 'we won'.
edit on 31-3-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Deleted.
edit on 31-3-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
So as a president, you need to be able to talk about real issues without insulting who you are talking to and who you are talking about. All great leaders do this. All great businessmen do this. As president you have to smarter than saying all mexicans are rapists and killers and then adding..well some of them are nice people. That shows a real lack of being able to hold an intelligent conversations.

Trump is not a great leader nor a great business man. I'm reading some business books at the moment and several of the authors are talking about their interactions, in business, with "The Donald" and he's slimy and unethical. Some of these accounts go back to the 80s. I'm pretty sure that some magic miralce didn't happen to suddenly turn ethical and into a good guy.

Do some research. He's not presidential. He's always put on an air of superiority.

So if I put the "BBQ test" on the current candidates....Meaning if they were my neighbors, would I invite them over for a BBQ?

Clinton NO...Trump NO, although he probably would say "Hi Amazing, Great day isn't it?" before getting in his car and heading to work. Cruz? I don't know. I still don't know if I like him as a person or not. I would have reservations. Sanders YES. Although I have a feeling he'd wear out his welcome...there's only so much Doc Brown you can handle before you need a break. "Are those my Clocks I hear??"

edit on 31-3-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join