It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Walks Off Interview After Asked About Wife's Clash With Arpaio

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Bernie Sanders was on an interview in Arizona and when he was asked about some "confrontation" between his Wife and Sheriff Joe, he got flustered and got up and walked out !!!

I guess it hit a nerve.

Mrs. Sanders apparently was on some kind of "tour" at Sheriff Joe's famous Tent City Jail in the desert.

Joe shows up and "discusses" things with Mrs. Sanders and offers her his hospitality.

Bernie is critical of the type of jail and rehabilitation methods that Sheriff Joe is famous for.

Kinda funny and sad at the same time.

Bernie Sanders Walks Off Interview After Asked About Wife's Clash With Arpaio

Bernie Sanders abruptly leaves an interview with a local Arizona news station after he is asked about his wife's tour of Sheriff Joe Arpaio's "tent city" being interrupted by no one other than the man in charge himself. The tent city is a jail operated by the Maricopa County sheriff.

"Your wife was criticized for meeting Sheriff Arpaio at tent city. It wasn't scheduled. He didn't plan it. She showed up. My question is," the reporter asked before Sanders jumped in.

"You know what, let me tell you something," Sanders lectured. "What Joe Arpaio is doing is an outrage."

My wife went to look at the so-called tent city, which is something that should not exists. The fact that he crashed her meeting, to me, is very, very wrong. Not something that he should have done," Sanders added.

Out Ragous !!!

see the videos ....

Bernie walks off near the end.....

and here's Mrs. Sanders with the "Sheriff" ....

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
So why was he so mad? I don't get it

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Grandpa Bernie needs to get a thicker skin,he's losing his "bern".I think the HRC sweep this past Tues has touched a nerve..

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Sounds like a personal beef between two people, not actual news.

I'm trying to figure out why this was worthy of being news in the first place more than what one's issue with the other is.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I think Trump should spend sometime in Sheriff Joe's facilities.

Might teach the Man a little humility.

As to Sanders reaction, somebody obviously touched a nerve.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Awww, Bernie got berned.

hahahahaha

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Sounds like a personal beef between two people, not actual news.

I'm trying to figure out why this was worthy of being news in the first place more than what one's issue with the other is.

It's an election !!!

Who says everything has to be all prim and proper and stuffy?

A little humor with your Tea & Crumpets never hurts.

Grey Poupon Original Commercial

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Perhaps Bernie knows something we never will and had the dignity not to present it to the public for the sake of his Wife.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Sanders is running for president. Who says that he has to come and go at the convenience of a local news caster. He had delivered his message and called the interview over. Simple

And having watched the second video with his wife and the sheriff I have to wonder what that video had to do with anything. As Nyiah points out, how is this even news at all.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

Perhaps Bernie knows something we never will and had the dignity not to present it to the public for the sake of his Wife.

Possible.

But politically, he should have remained calm and simply commented.

This is what happens when politicians wander out of their comfort zones.

Makes me wonder how he would handle hostile foreign dignitaries.

Something to think about.

Obviously, Bernie wasn't "in Kansas anymore" today.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

The fact that he crashed her meeting, to me, is very, very wrong. Not something that he should have done," Sanders added.

I'm pretty confident that as the Sheriff, Arpaio has the right to interact with anyone and everyone on the jail's property. Looks like Sanders got flustered over nothing. Sorry Sanders, just because you're a politician and presidential candidate, doesn't mean you and your family can come and go everywhere you please.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Bernie has a big set, and don't take no bs!

Woot!

I am sure he told the reporter, he was there to talk about the issues facing our nation, his wife and sheriff Joe is tabloid news. rolls eyes!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Lol.

If poor Bernie can't handle a simple question like that without losing his cool then how will he act around world leaders?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I thought you guys liked it when politicians don't take crap from predatory journalists and their "gotcha", ambush-style methods?

Or does that only apply to candidates YOU endorse and support?

Hm...

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
As Nyiah points out, how is this even news at all.

It's news because conservatives are scared of Sanders.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Good for him... will you accept the slot of vice president??.. bitch plueeze!!..the next round of voting is coming up which he is slated to do well, those of us who have been paying attention knew well in advance that he would not do great in the last set of election, he should have said.. I ain't running for no damn veep!!if he loses then go back to the Senate and be a big pain in the ass to who ever takes it, until we regroup and get either Alan Grayson or Elizabeth Warren in the next go around.
edit on 18-3-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I thought you guys liked it when politicians don't take crap from predatory journalists and their "gotcha", ambush-style methods?

Or does that only apply to candidates YOU endorse and support?

Hm...

I do.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: ugmold

Possible.

But politically, he should have remained calm and simply commented.

This is what happens when politicians wander out of their comfort zones.

Makes me wonder how he would handle hostile foreign dignitaries.

Something to think about.

Obviously, Bernie wasn't "in Kansas anymore" today.

Sheriff Joe is no dignitary. At least outside the Extremeist GOP circle.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I lived in Tucson Arizona in the early 2000's. I can give you multiple examples of the problems with illegals down there and being told straight up by law enforcement I'm out of luck because they know the gang but they can't do anything. If people wanna be pissed off at anyone it's not this sheriff, it's not Trump. It's the illegals who # everything up for everyone and those that keep us from kicking out the trash. I'm on board with the Trump plan at this point because I'd rather have them all out and screen the one's that come back in, then just saying # it like we do now.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
As Nyiah points out, how is this even news at all.

It's news because conservatives are scared of Sanders.

As well as sellout establishment Dems.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join