It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Grow Full-Sized, Beating Human Hearts From Stem Cells

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

This is awesome! My god.

I want to make enough money to grow my whole body. I want a new body when I turn 50.

Save our species!

edit on 3 18 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Good find. Thanks for posting this. My take on this is doomy. The general attitude today is if anyone wants quality they have to pay for it. So that really makes me wonder about the human organs being grown and the price that comes with it. I'm drawing a few wild comparisons right now thinking about it. First one that comes to mind is all in the smile...

Want your front teeth to look white and even? Cover up that middle aged wear and tear? One pays big bucks for that. This attitude will present itself with those who grow and transplant human organs. New hearts for those that pay big bucks and those living with bad hearts who can't afford it. The attitude today is: It's their fault being born with bad teeth or their fault they didn't take care of them, or their fault they got old or their fault they got a disease or in an accident having existed, so only those who make big money get the nice bonded teeth and new heart if they want one.

Want great smelling high lather shampoo? You'll have to pay a lot more for it; although there's a watered down version that smells like plastic for a buck at the Dollar Store. This attitude will present itself for those that grow and transplant human organs with producing a varity of longevity hearts. The high quality built to last heart and the cheap plastic heart that will give the user one extra year of life. Then a few other versions in between.

Want a well built big house? You'll have to pay for it. Same applies. Can't afford the built to last big heart, then the cheapest version available is the STT model. That's the Super Tiny Ticker model, as big as a lima bean, available to full grown adults only. In addition, 30 year heart mortgage payments are available but only for the built to last heart. If one can't make the payment then they have to give their transplanted heart back.

Now I would like to think that the rise of growing human organs is due to the expectation of the future that all people will be seen as equal, all human life is valuable and the misplaced money reward system is going to be changed into a reward system that can't be massively hoarded by people making it unavailable to others. But I am unsure that is the case.

This feels more like changing hearts of flesh into hearts of stone.

I swear, it really is starting to feel like the people on earth are being kept alive to study in order for a replacement to fully take them over. If organs are being replaced because they are bad, as already mentioned by other posters, then brains will be next. Obedient brains that know their place and stick to the job given with no complaints who do nothing but serve. That is AI. And at this point in time with so much opression occuring where so many people are unable to experience full quality lives because of it, and just as many people are ok with that happening, makes AI and all these advancements more of something to dread and not cool and exciting.

Wish I could share in the excitement but it makes me feel sad. I hope God force that created human beings is going to step in because God loves what God made and God is love. God knows we have all been misled and that so many believe in God. God being love would have all God's believers washing their hair with the most wholesome and luxurious shampoo AND make perfect hearts for those who believe. Great smells and environments, good wholesome delicious food, compassion, and so on, give rise to generations of healthy hearts, with them being grown to transplant in other people means people do not expect to share in that as a collective whole and that the ones who had the power to move people's attitudes to really see that good environments with healthy minded and compassionate role models and leadership being main keys in preventing heart disease in people, have given up.

edit on 18-3-2016 by WhiteWingedMonolith because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
Placenta.........MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM !

Haa gross, my thought was Repo Men.

Seriously though this is good news so long as it used as the basis for an organ replacement treatment that will become widely available.

If the heart is viable as a replacement that is, maybe some way to create a custom cellular based organ that will not be rejected and that can then be used by a wide number of people especially since of course individual stem cell organs tailored to individuals from there own genetic material would be extremely expensive (At least at first) so growing them that way in a kind of organ factory would probably be the best option, who know's in years to come nipping down to the clinick for a new pair of eye's, new heart, pancreas etc will become normal and we will slowly merge into a kind of grey skinned clone society as we grow older and older and older using these spare parts, then again we may also use it to tailor our body's, fancy a pair of wing's anyone.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I have photos of both my daughters placenta, and we planted trees on top of the placentas on my dads farm. We chose trees that would feed the birds and the bees. It is a Maori tradition to plant your whenua or placenta, although I am not Maori I do respect the tradition, it is probably tradition in other cultures too. My husband planted a tree on the clothes that his mother died in.
This is the kind of science that I like, your body will surely like a heart made of your own cells than someone else's heart.a reply to: veracity

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

A little off subject but I believe Barbarra Cartland whom wrote a massive number of incredibly popular Romance novel's had herself buried in a cardboard box near the foot of a tree.

It is a beautiful tradition though I personally believe in the soul and that this is just dust of the earth when we leave it behind.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I wonder why it is that we can not accept our own mortality and die with the dignity that those of the animal and plant kingdoms do. What do any of us do that warrants an extended life anyway? Do we need more time to stare at our cell phones or watch our smart televisions? Does anyone really want to extend their lives????? Life on this planet and in this realm is limited in duration for many reasons. I don't think we should mess with the wisdom of that.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

it is our duty while in this lifetime to try and make the most of our lives...prolong if possible.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   

This could be a game-changer.

I've worked in and around cardiology (manly paediatric cardiology) for over 30 years.
Acknowledging that this would primarily be for heart transplantation, it wouldn't just have to be for those on the transplant list due to old age etc.

Some congenital heart defects currently require an awful lot of surgical intervention, often having to be repeated and refined as the child gets older which impacts severely on their quality of life.
Just think, instead of all of those surgeries, a bespoke replacement heart which will last for the rest of their natural lives and which should hopefully not need any further intervention.

That reason alone makes the potential of this breakthrough absolutely phenomenal.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join