It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Anti-PC war has got to stop

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras

Chill bro.....
Wait wait....Chill gramps

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander
The anti PC folks just want the freedom to be bigots and racists without repercussions.

I await the day for one of these emboldened anti pc folks to say something derogatory to my face. I will break one of your f#cking jaws.

Just how big of an old boy are you?
Roy D Mercer

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
If the Political Correctness Brigade did not go overboard with their views, there would be no need for an anti-PC movement.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

That's so childish and immature.

That's like saying, "Well...if Tommy hadn't stolen a cookie first, I wouldn't have wanted to steal a cookie too!"

Justifying your own petty deeds upon the actions of another is not a morally correct way to justify one's position.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: Dark Ghost

That's so childish and immature.

That's like saying, "Well...if Tommy hadn't stolen a cookie first, I wouldn't have wanted to steal a cookie too!"

Justifying your own petty deeds upon the actions of another is not a morally correct way to justify one's position.

No, that's not like saying that at all. The form of the argument isn't even the same.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   
The weird thing is some people have convinced themselves a brigade a PC enforcers exist. I'm pretty sure they are not armed

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Putting aside your highly flawed analogy...

Why do YOU think anti-PC movements exist? Merely because they don't want people to be civil and polite or because they are fed up with having to watch what they think and say in fear of offending somebody?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Yes it is -- its the old "Two wrongs make a right" falliciouslly logical argument.

Saying "We wouldn't NEED to be anti-PC if the PC people hadn't started it..." is essentially that logically fallacy by definition.
edit on 20-3-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Um, that's NOT along the lines of my argument that I used. If it were, I would have said "anti-PC exists because PC exists" but if you actually read my reply, you will notice I said "because PC goes overboard" — which indicates there is an imbalance on the topic of PC. Anti-PC was created to restore the pendulum closer to the middle.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   

But you didn't say it in the same form. A more proper representation using your analogy would be "if Tommy didn't steal cookies, there wouldn't be anyone opposing Tommy stealing cookies." One is the "pro" behavior, the other is the "anti" reaction.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: christophoros

Sounds like you've met some assholes OP. I don't think PC has to do with your experience as much as you've just had to hang out with assholes. I did not read much into your story that had to do with PC ness.

Get used to it, life is full of assholes.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
Yep and there are starving people all over the world and people are worried about being called names. Don't we as human beings have our priorities straight. Gotta love it.

Maybe so, but how does being a racist jerk make things better?
edit on 20-3-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Yep and there are starving people all over the world and people are worried about being called names. Don't we as human beings have our priorities straight. Gotta love it.

Maybe so, but how does being a racist jerk make things better?

I also like how people take and throw racism around so loosely. It is a pretty easy out isn't it. By the way I'm multi colored if you are wondering. I suffer from a skin disorder. So your calling the wrong guy a racist jerk if that were your intentions (slide of words as they say) calling someone racist but then wording it so it doesn't look like you did.. I live it everyday. Sticks and stones............sticks and stones. Just walk away be the better man.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras

Lol, so other assholes hurt your feelings, so the rest of us need to not have our first amendment rights?

Well that isn't going to fly, the problem isn't antipc, it is the push to be PC.

Sry snowflake, but nobody cares about your pathetic little feelings getting hurt. Get over it, people do it every day.

What is it with you kids and thinking that getting your feelings hurt is the same or worse than physical harm?

Next time a tornado happens, tell it to stop, it's hurting your feelings, bunch of crybabies!

Where did he say he wanted people to limit first amendment rights? He was just lamenting people being dicks because the law doesn't say it's illegal.

In other news, adultery isn't illegal, let's shame those who have anything negative to say about it.

You think like a child.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I also like how people take and throw racism around so loosely. It is a pretty easy out isn't it. By the way I'm multi colored if you are wondering. I suffer from a skin disorder. So your calling the wrong guy a racist jerk if that were your intentions (slide of words as they say) calling someone racist but then wording it so it doesn't look like you did.. I live it everyday. Sticks and stones............sticks and stones. Just walk away be the better man.

I wasn't calling you anything. The world has a lot of problems, if you decide that we can't work on the minor ones until the bigger problems like starvation are solved, then nothing is ever going to get done.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I feel like you are just extremely liberal and labeling all Reps as racist xenophobes etc.... Its really freakin' annoying.

I am an Italian American. My Pa came from Italy in the 70s/80s and been living here ever since. It has NOTHING to do with being Republican, thats just extremely ignorant. My father was once racist well I believe he was, but after living her 40 years... He understands it all very well now and adapted.

I take it you have never been to Italy, or your friend. Illegal immigrants from Africa and surronding areas are overwhelming. So many, I mean thousands of boats come from Africa, carrying illegals to Italy. It is much worse in Italy, as in the illegal immigrants there compared to here, are very different. Alot of them are touble makers. Alot of them are rapists, murderers etc.... I know first hand.

My father assumed the AAs in America were like the ones in Italy. But many, are much different. The ones in Italy... they do disgusting, sickening things. I have been to Itsly 20+ times in my life time(23yrs). I have seen these acts first hand. I have seen multiple of them, raping a young Italian citizen in a dark alley way. This girl wasnt even 16 I would say. We all started to walk towards them, my father yelling at them in Italian etc.... They didnt stop, so we got even closer and my dad called the police there. After they heard the sirens they finally ran away leaving the girl there... Beat up, her face was bloody, her skirt was ripped to shreds, she was shaking and crying uncontrably..... I learned later, this was the normal over there. And apperently, this was nothing compared to what thry have done there.

No not all of them are like that, just like the illegals here. But many are that way. Many Italians who live in America now, are very suspectful of African Americans now... because of the savagery they experienced in Italy. Seriously, if you havent been to Italy, or know a damned thing about the illegal immigration issue.... You have no right to say what you are saying. I completely understand their xenophobia. Understanding and accepting are two completely different things, fyi.

So for them to act like they did, are no surprise for me. Like I said I have experienced it every time I have been there, so I completely feel for them and what they been through. So for you to put their political view into it, is just ludicris and downright ignorant. Not just misinformation... but very misconcepted. Like I said do you research before you make Italian Americans look bad, and also Republicans. It really pisses me off, because you are making it seem like all Italian Americans, especially the "elder ones" are racist...... and all the violence, riots, and all that other # thry have seen on the news in America, really just feeds their views.... So be understanding, before being stupid. Please. I made an account here just to inform you.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

We aren't really an emotionally based DECISION group we prefer PRAGMATISM.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
People love stretching that rubber band as far as they possibly can and think they can do so with impunity. Then, when the rubber band snaps back, they get all hurt and cry about it. When the pc crowd was pushing their agenda and those who are not pc prone tried to voice objections they were called cry babies and the like. It all comes around sooner or later. Just sometimes it picks up steam on the way...

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
What you described isn't anti-pc and you honestly do not know Political Correctness until you travel to Australia.

It has reached such an extreme where one lady was beaten on a tram because she was overheard talking on the phone saying her "new "black" neighbour is really nice" and this hipster woman took offence to the word black and attacked her.

In Australia we don't have freedom of speech as you have in the US we have an act (bill) preventing it- 18C - The anti racial discrimination act which we were going to scrap to, in a sense, gain freedom of speech but the politicians wigged out.

Because of this Act people have been arrested for denying the holocaust (I don't know why someone would). There was a famous case with a historian who questioned certain occurrences during the holocaust and posed his own timeline of events and he was arrested and dragged before the courts under 18C.

The pendulum has swung too far to the PC left and there are brigades of online trolls in Aus who act as "Thought Police" and try to disrupt or shut down anything and everything they don't believe in.

Don't let it happen in the US too

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Poor precious little snowflakes like the OP need to grow a hide. I don't know what we did to grow such a load of pansies with this millennial bunch. I do fear for your future though because many of us "old" folk can clearly see where your blindness will lead you and the country. At 21 years old you haven't got a clue about life yet, especially true these days since the Dept. of Education and political correctness has ripped truth and common sense out of our school system.

You think you are offended now, just wait until the world you are heralding in actually arrives. It will be the greatest shock in the history of man. You'll be begging for these times to return. This I can promise you.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join