It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Anti-PC war has got to stop

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras

Thought control eh?

Heh...

What you know about that?

edit on 19-3-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: ClovenSky
So you want to stop free speech? You want to restrict what someone says because of how YOU react to those sound vibrations?

I do. I am so sick of the Free Speech crap.

Expressing yourself and your opinions is one thing.

Being rude, offensive, disgusting, bigoted, etc -- is another - - and using Free Speech in that context is just an excuse.

well free speech is a FIRST AMENDMENT right...thanks for the help in wanting to shred the Constitution......heres a news flash - the 2nd Amendment is what is going to keep our first Amendment.

Obviously your mom and dad didn't teach you the saying - to help you grow thicker skin- ....sticks and stones may break my bones but WORDS WILL NEVER HURT ME.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

So you want to stop free speech? You want to restrict what someone says because of how YOU react to those sound vibrations?

Being rude, offensive, disgusting, bigoted, etc -- is another - - and using Free Speech in that context is just an excuse.

I'm offended by your directness. Wish you would have been softer in your delivery. I might lose sleep tonight.

Should you have your right to type what you please revoked?

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
Ok I get what you are saying. You have no intent on changing current laws. You are saying you are sick of people saying rude hateful offensive speach KNOWING full well it is rude and hatefull but then use "freedom of speach" as an excuse.

Am I right?

You put that nicely.

Don't we usually agree?

Yes and I apologize if I was rude or offensive

No issues. You were fine.

You were speaking your mind, your opinion. But, were never rude or insulting.

Just like me (well maybe I was, just a little)

You weren't at all but, I know I was being a little rough. Much love!

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
This is called being a mature adult, taking responsibility for your words, and realizing what others do or say has NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU.

Okay so basically when I read a paragraph, I tend to view it as it's own entry. If someone were to say to me the above isolated, I would think of them as being very immature.

If I had something wrong, it would be viewing this last paragraph in isolation from the post being written in a thread about PC/anti-PC.

Still, those words really seem to be like a red-flag to my system.
edit on 19-3-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: christophoros
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Yes yes exactly I don't want people to lose their right to free speech. I just wish people weren't asshole towards me for no particularly reason and when I take offense to it I'm labeled as being politically correct. It's not that I'm just Christian and would rather not have vulgar insults thrown at me.

Do you expect everyone you meet to automatically know that you're a 'Christian'?..Cuz you're in for a rude damn awakening at an early age - which isn't a bad thing-....If you can't handle the outside world then maybe you need to stay within a circle of 'Christian' people so your feelings won't be hurt.

In my day we joked all the time with each other about each others ethnicties - and we survived. Todays kids are crybabies....you hurt my feelings..waaaaa......get over it - they're words..flat out constant bullying is totally different...but the Government does NOT need to interject ineverything we say..considering their morals are at the bottom of the totem pole...(oh, did I just insult Native Americans by saying totem pole?)

My point is- this is a big world and people will always say things that may offend your 'feelings' - get over it, don't be a crybaby and move on...If you don't like them - its your choice to never deal with them again.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

When someone comes after me with negativity, I don't want it. They can throw it at me, but I won't willingly hold out my hands to catch it. They get that negativity off their chest and feel better, and I walk away without it poisoning me and giving me something I too now need to get rid of. It actually is the more compassionate thing to do. It breaks the cycle of negativity.

See, this is where I think you are falsely assuming. Imagine someone wholy unaffected by people's opinions. We call them psychopaths in general. They don't follow the rules, or rather believe in their own rules regardless of what society thinks.

Now participants of society approach this person and tell them they are acting immoral. When they don't flinch do you think that stops the cycle of negativity?

I don't know how many outright psychopaths I've encountered, but anyone I've met in person who has claimed and/or shown to be wholly unaffected by people's opinions turned out to be a huge pain for a lot of people.

It's required for societies participants to be affected by other people's actions and words. What is not required is to allow this affection to rule or ruin one's life.
edit on 19-3-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Yeah what is up with that ?

Always whining about billionaire oligarchs,and other rich people.

If this is your definition of "racism" it sheds more light on why you and I have been failing to find common ground for the past six ( or so ) years. I was operating under the assumption that race was a genetic factor and not a measure of material wealth.

Oh, and Hell yes I rant about oligarchs because, well because they're freaking oligarchs.

As for "billionaires" and "other rich people"? As long as they're not engaging in freaking oligarchy, more power to them. Well done! Congrats on the success! But the second they start buying the Republic? Hang 'em high.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

You have the right to free speech. You can say racist and hateful things.

I, however, also have a right to call you out on those racist and hateful things.

If that offends you, then maybe you ought to think about what you are saying and why you are saying it. If racist things and mean things make people not like you and turn you into a social pariah, then perhaps that means you are in the wrong.

It's OK to be wrong, but please accept and admit it.

So, instead we see a lot of dog-whistle racism and anti-PC bitching because people are being called out for their racist, hate-filled, xenophobic rantings.

They want to be able to say racist/hateful things without consequences.

Say whatever you want -- but words come with consequences; no speech is consequence-free. If you aren't prepared to be ridiculed for your words, shut up and sit down. I have as much of a right to ridicule you as you do to spew hate and intolerance, Mr. Bigot.

For the last 7+ years the racist card has been used over and over again with Obamas use and approval - and it has worn out. People are sick of it and recognize its actually now reverse racism....Now its the xenophobia card - I personally don't give a crap what name I'm called - if a thug breaks into a home, even if they are in collage ...they are a thug!...if the thugs family wants to call me a racist because I call the thug a thug instead of a college student - so be it!..I don't care what they call me!... If a muslim chops off the head of an innocent- they are a terrorist....if they want to call me xenophobic - I don't care! and I don't want either of the families living next to me because they won't admit that their family or deep rooted religion are thugs or terrorists.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Perhaps people are sick of being brow beaten of all their opinions by coddled children in the name of pc. You can have your cultish pc religion, but you cant force it on me.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Reminds me of the Hitler Youth. I hear all this B.S. from the PC crowd and all it really translates to is: "If you don't agree with my 'opinions' you're obviously a racist sexiest pig sucker and probably white or male."

Let's be honest, it's all just so....so....micro aggressive. I'm just, like.....ughhhhhhhhh! Stop yelling at me!
edit on 19-3-2016 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699

Reminds me of the Hitler Youth. I hear all this B.S. from the PC crowd and all it really translates to is: "If you don't agree with my 'opinions' you're obviously a racist sexiest pig sucker and probably white or male."

Let's be honest, it's all just so....so....micro aggressive. I'm just, like.....ughhhhhhhhh! Stop yelling at me!

Good job.

Can't have a thread without Hitler.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
We are a predetermined species that will ultimately destroy ourselves because it is simply in our nature to do so.

The scorpion and the frog. Which one will you be?

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I really can't believe this is an issue.. I thought PC was just something Southpark made up! There's limits to everything, but come on. People give people # from time to time and you just have to deal with it. If anyone's ever worked construction or commercial fished there isn't anything PC about it. Lol.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
No one is forcing anyone to be PC. There is no PC police enforcing your behaviour. It's just a case of people on the right thinking people on the left are kill joys for being PC. Say what you want if I think your a knuckle dragger I will, but il keep it to myself as not to upset you or ruin your fun. Whatever floats your boat

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

If this is your definition of "racism" it sheds more light on why you and I have been failing to find common ground for the past six ( or so ) years. I was operating under the assumption that race was a genetic factor and not a measure of material wealth.

Oh I thought we were talking about BIGOTRY.

But I will qualify that with the fact that only one bigot is currently a front runner in a Presidential campaign.

How can there be any common ground when 'liberals' think they are the 'master race'. ?

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Utter twaddle.

Liberals believe, almost unanimously, that there is no master race, that none are born with, or can gain fundamental supremacy, no matter whether they are rich or poor, young or old, black, white, religious or faithless.

There is much duality in these matters, but supremacy is not a factor for those who hold liberal ideals, save that they would rather the entire idea of supremacy was swept from the world as if caught in the teeth of a vast storm.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Liberals believe, almost unanimously, that there is no master race, that none are born with, or can gain fundamental supremacy, no matter whether they are rich or poor, young or old, black, white, religious or faithless.

Tell that to gun owners,rich people,bankers,ceo','corporations', and the list goes on.

Basically any group of people the left HATES the ever living hell out of.

'utter twaddle' ?

Not hardly.

They are the masters of identity politics.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: christophoros

I am an olive skinned Italian American and I have encountered this kind of hostility as well. Some coworkers once asked "what are you?" as in what was my ancestry. When I told them they then proceeded to insult me with all kind of derogatory racial slurs. This happened many years ago and I never forgot it. Its unfortunate that most lighted skinned people have little experience with this kind of hostility. Just to be judged and denigrated because of your appearance is horrible and not easily forgotten. And now the racists are coming out of the woodwork. We need a country where people are brought together, not divided. You have to question the real motives of those who seek to divide us.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

There are liberals who shoot guns, and respect the second amendment. Of course, you would ignore that statistical inevitablility, because it argues with your carefully crafted world view. It does not make it any less true, or your statement any less invalid.

And what of rich people, bankers and CEOs? You mean the supremacists who have stolen control of the nation from under the people who are supposed to be the power? Do you mean those who have amassed for themselves great wealth, by exploiting the workers under them, by under paying people, by over charging customers and wandering away with vast profits, because they believe themselves , falsely, to be entitled to do so? Do you mean the bankers who caused the housing bubbles that collapsed the economy, and did not ever pay the people back for their idiocy? Are you talking about the CEOs who take millions in bonuses and pension funds, despite laying off vast numbers of people to make sure they can continue to take their vast pay and benefits packages?

Those people? Really? I would feel much sorrier for those individuals, if they were not so self absorbed and self congratulatory while they are about the process of skinning your nations people alive, taking more from the consumer, and paying less to the producers. It is they who have the supremacy complex, not those who speak against them!

Once again, utter twaddle!

Your statement makes about as much sense as a KKK member accusing Martin Luther King of being a white power movement supporter. It is utterly ludicrous that you have spun things around to this degree. That is White House level BS neo96, just pure, unadulterated, FSDA approved BS.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join