It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Anti-PC war has got to stop

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
That actually makes sense, but if they are sharing their ideas and feelings in a public forum, social media etc. They have invited the thought police upon themselves in a public arena, if their employer or social aquaintences feels that places them in a bad light, then the consequences are just. People have forgotten that their comments/thoughts have consequences, especially if shared in a public forum.

I agree. But the mere accusation of being deemed racist/xenophobic/bigoted is enough these days to affect your professional and social aspirations to such a degree, that it is probably best not to say anything. On the contrary, people who do the labelling do not fear any repercussions because there is one set of rules for some and another set for others.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

But I will qualify that with the fact that only one bigot is currently a front runner in a Presidential campaign.

Yeah what is up with that ?

Always whining about billionaire oligarchs,and other rich people.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So what if someone is ? That GD piece of paper says they can be. As per the fourteenth says.

That is correct, but I find it disingenuous to complain about someone calling another person racist, if they are racist, when that GD piece of paper protects the same type of speech.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

And in all equality, all of those that do not have those thoughts, should be free to express the view that they are racist. This is a circular argument, that no one can win, and things will continue to go down this path, once again until we have a drastic event that cools tempers, and puts things back in perspective.

Here's the difference though: using racial stereotypes against another person harms them personally (hurts THEIR feelings); using words like racist/bigot/xenophobic/misogynist harms usually harms them professionally as well as socially, in addition to hurting their feelings.

See the difference?

I need to expand on my above answer a bit, I work for a CPA, we have white clients, black clients, asian clients, hispanic clients, republicans, democrats, liberal, conservative, gay, straight, and in between. If I was caught online talking trash about anyone of those groups as a whole, I would expect to be chastised or removed from my job, at least cautioned about future outbursts.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

So what if someone is ? That GD piece of paper says they can be. As per the fourteenth says.

That is correct, but I find it disingenuous to complain about someone calling another person racist, if they are racist, when that GD piece of paper protects the same type of speech.

When people are calling others 'racist' when it is not applicable to the issue ?

Not 'disingenuous'.

As we know neither muslim or illegal immigrant has anything to do with RACE.

illegal immigrant is what someone is called when they violate a LAW made by politicians.

And Religion is learned out of a book about some guy that never existed.

Have anything ELSE ?[
edit on 18-3-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: christophoros
The worst one ... He proceeded to call me a f#ggot hippie college kid and vividly describing very disgusting things. I tried ... You wanna know what he said? "What are you a Muslim?"" I don't care I'm tired of you politically correct people telling me what to do, I can say what I want as long as free speech is a right in this country".
We are seen as spoiled and entitled.

But the problem with what you are saying is that according to you (see above) the person getting gas did not say anything implying you were entitled. Rather, he said you are a hippie and asked if you were a muslim, which is anything but entitled. You have twisted things such the readers would hate trump. I therefore think you are just another anti-trump shill. Try better next time.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: introvert

When people are calling others 'racist' when it is not applicable to the issue ?

Not 'disingenuous'.

As we know neither muslim or illegal immigrant has anything to do with RACE.

illegal immigrant is what someone is called when they violate a LAW made by politicians.

And Religion is learned out of a book about some guy that never existed.

Have anything ELSE ?[

That has nothing to do with what I am talking about, Neo.

Don't deflect.

Is it ok to call someone a racist when it is obvious that they are, and is that sort of speech also protected by our constitutional rights?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

That actually makes sense, but if they are sharing their ideas and feelings in a public forum, social media etc. They have invited the thought police upon themselves in a public arena, if their employer or social aquaintences feels that places them in a bad light, then the consequences are just. People have forgotten that their comments/thoughts have consequences, especially if shared in a public forum.

I agree. But the mere accusation of being deemed racist/xenophobic/bigoted is enough these days to affect your professional and social aspirations to such a degree, that it is probably best not to say anything. On the contrary, people who do the labelling do not fear any repercussions because there is one set of rules for some and another set for others.

IMO, when folks are accused of those things, they rarely try to walk them back, they double down on them. Trump is the perfect example. Limbaugh is another example, the whole Sandra Fluke thing. If my professional/social aspirations are adversely affected because I have labelled another a racist, they are probably not people I want to do business or socialize with.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Is it ok to call someone a racist when it is obvious that they are, and is that sort of speech also protected by our constitutional rights?

So it's 'ok' to insult someone after they insulted someone else.

Alrightie then.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Alrightie then.

So you are saying that you want your racism protected, while insulting other races, ethnicities, gender identity, or sexual orientation?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

What racism ?

QUOTE IT.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

What racism ?

QUOTE IT.

bigotry a better word for you? It is all over this site.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

What racism ?

QUOTE IT.

Sure is alot of that all over this site.

Have to be more specific.

Talking about 'guns',Corporations,conservatives,liberals,bankers,monsanto,and people like Trump'

noun, plural bigotries. 1. stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.

www.dictionary.com...

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

*crickets*

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
Ok I get what you are saying. You have no intent on changing current laws. You are saying you are sick of people saying rude hateful offensive speach KNOWING full well it is rude and hatefull but then use "freedom of speach" as an excuse.

Am I right?

You put that nicely.

Don't we usually agree?

Yes and I apologize if I was rude or offensive

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: Annee

Yup me too...

I can walk up by a group of Alaska Natives and make a very racist remark if I want to. However, if they criticize me for saying it, I'm not going to argue with them over it.

If they tell me that what I said was racist and hateful, I'm not going to yell at them that "I can say what I want!!". . .

It's on me, because their reaction was in response to my words.

Not owning up and being responsible for what we say is a huge problem with our society these days. And its getting worse each day. The "anti-PC" people have the right to be anti-PC, but they also need to take responsibility for their actions and words.

If you are a racist, it must suck that the world is loosing patience and tolerance for your brand of hate. I get it, that's gotta suck. You can be mad and continue to say racist things, but you do so at your own peril.

The hypocritical is that the most racist people I know are also the most "take responsibility" people. It seems that they want everyone to be responsible for themselves, but they somehow should have the magical ability to say whatever they want without any implications or consequences. How is that supposed to work again?

So now we're seeing racist people back themselves into closets and use passive aggressive techniques to deal with their frustration at being called out for being racist and hateful.

These folks will use sly round-about ways to be racist, and then pull the victim card to deflect the issue away from themselves when called out for it. Usually first they'll make the reverse-racism case that the people they were insulting are the real racist ones themselves.

It's predictable, it's scripted, I'm not sure if there's like some memo or something these folks pass around, maybe a email newsletter for "Racist Weekly" or something? Dunno.

That's why islamic terrorism is attracting so many jihadi muslims!

People keep insulting them and they get hurt feelings and then they try to kill everybody to stop saying mean things.

It all makes perfect sense, don't it?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

What racism ?

QUOTE IT.

Sure is alot of that all over this site.

Have to be more specific.

Talking about 'guns',Corporations,conservatives,liberals,bankers,monsanto,and people like Trump'

noun, plural bigotries. 1. stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.

www.dictionary.com...

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

*crickets*

Sad thing is, I am pretty much a centrist, you seem to have no setting but neocon, one that sees compromise as a four letter word. So I guess you have pretty much defined yourself as a bigot.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: christophoros

I am a very sensitive person and I also have social anxiety.

You could have left it at this.

Your perception of what was happening sounds skewed.

Pc much???

Ps: I'm 31 and not a republican. Is that still too old and foreign to understand your hip and trendy gadget culture?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Alrightie then.

Yes. That is free speech, is it not?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: christophoros

I am Offended by People Who are ALWAYS Offended about Something . Suck It Up , Life isn't Fair . DEAL WITH IT .

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Right or left has nothing to do with deliberately being insulting to people.

And the PC crowd 'isn't' insulting ?

Look what they did to Trump with all the name calling.

There's some more irony. The PC crowd created Trump.

For ever action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Catch The Kelly files today, totally on this topic here.

"Trump is saying racist things" lol.

Don't forget how the PC crowd is ok with the rap BS that makes millions.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join