It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiences with The Holy Spirit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: shinethelight
a reply to: Ruiner1978

Experiences with the Holy Spirit can be unique to each individual. God loves us, corrects us, and builds us up. But we cannot possibly understand everything God does and we cannot put God in a box. Because your experience may be different from anyone else's, doesn't mean that it didn't happen.

Totally get where you're coming from. My own experiences have differed from eachother, so I can definitely see how varied the experiences could be from person to person.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I recently went to a conference featuring Gar Best - a pastor who wrote a book called Naturally Supernatural.

I went with and open mind and heart. I didn't expect anything but was open to it. I was a bit skeptical. A womani didn't no asked for prayer as we broke into small groups. She was having neck pain. I opened myself up to the Holy Spirit, not sure if I would make a fool of myself or remain silent or what.

Suddenly my heart was racing and I knew ... Just knew... Things. I knew this woman had issues with depression and anxiety and that was the cause of many physical problems. I knew she was taking sleeping pills every night in order to sleep. I knew her husband was having what appeared to be shifts in his personality and it scared her.

All of this was true... She confirmed everything I said as she cried. I was so shocked I almost forgot to pray over her. Haha!

The second day of the conference she stood and testified as to what happened. She finally had peaceful sleep the night before and could feel healing was taking place.

It was weird, humbling, and shocking ... I was moved that God could use me to help another person.

A nonbeliever might call those lucky guessed or perhaps psychic ... But I feel confident it was the Holy Spirit.

Sorry for typos, I'm on my phone but was excited to share my story.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
Or make you experience things on such a level of improbability that your view change on how fate works. And those experiences make you start to understand the nature of synchronicity.

I think I may know what you're talking about there.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Just don't blame works of the Holy Spirit on the prince of Demons, whatever you want to call him. Don't do that and you are good. Nothing fancy about it, plain rendering of the text is most appropriate but what I just said is the only case in which you will not be forgiven because of the respect accorded by Jesus to the Holy Spirit.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I'm not sure, but possibly not.
The point may be that they were seeing God at work in Jesus and knew, in their heart of hearts, that it was really God, so that their denial was more wilful.
I think you probably have to be in downright hostility to God's work, as they were, before you can be charged with that sin.

Ah OK. So it's a deliberate besmirching rather than a disbelief or doubting.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

It's a big deal for Jesus not to be willing to forgive you so it's very important that you understand the utmost miraculous nature of works of the Holy Spirit. You will probably not see a verifiable act of the Holy Spirit but if you know a good thing happened don't give satan the credit for it. Just in case. And why would you, see a life saving miracle and think Satan or Baalzebul did it? It's illogical and highly highly unlikely that you will ever have the opportunity to commit this sin but IF you're probably not going to hail satan if you witness the Works of the Holy Spirit because you are smart but this is an important teaching on how Holy THE Holy Spirit is. Pure truth and pure good, never to be blasphemed by... you know.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

Add a few drops of energy into another body -> The body start to relax/feel euphoric thru the heat/vibration/coolness depending on need -> Self healing start on quantum level.

The question is not if it exists but how to make it as effective as possible.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
JOHN 3:5-9

"Very truly, I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit. What is born of flesh is flesh, and what is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be astonished that I say to you, 'you must be born from above.' The wind blows where it chooses, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not knowwhere it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit." The Spirit capitalized is ofccourse the Holy Spirit. Jesus was telling you the baptism of fire and of the Spirit in addition to the water are necessary TO ENTER GOD's KINGDOM!!! This is the baptism preached by John about the coming Messiah and Jesus confirms its truth, justifying John (the Baptist)as a true prophet.
edit on 18-3-2016 by Amraphiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
If God is Jesus Father, but the Holy Spirit his "biological", then is the Holy Spirit his divine Mother, and Mary his earthly mother, as is the case for his father and Father?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Amraphiah

From my point of view it is not 100% correct if we are talking about energetic body states as a manifestation of spiritual energy.

The spiritual water comes from above the head. You can have a change where you have very much spiritual water and very little spiritual fire but that will leave both the soul and the conscious feeling very disconnected from the human experience since you are more there than here. That you add flame from below in the body in the spine to be more balanced is another story.

That most people have the flame up the spine to break the valve before they get the increased flow of spiritual water from above do not mean all souls have to have the fire before the water.

Some go thru the amagydala fear overload experience that can bring water before any fire. The fire is from below and the water is from above.
edit on 18-3-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
JOHN 14:15-17

" If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, to be with you forever. This is the Spirit of truth, whim the world cannot receive, because it neither neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, because he abides with you, and he will be in you."

This is a promise the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, Spirit of truth, will be with you forever. It doesn't sound like they have the Spirit IN them yet, but they will soon.

The Holy Spirit is God on earth.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

I'm not, I'm taking having the Holy Spirit. In simple english, as your Advocate and Spirit of truth. Exactly as the text says. It doesn't require a fancy explanation.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Oh, I just figured out you meant my question. I do see the Holy Spirit as the Femine aspect of the trinity though, it was more a rhetorical question in that I wasn't asking if it was true just what people think about the possibility. I wasn't soul searching just opinion gauging.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
nevermind
edit on 18-3-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
In my less informed years I prayed to God to ask if the Jesus story was true, did Jesus exist?

The answer I received was disturbing and enlightening. And then disturbing again. And again.

The amount of knowledge I have aquired since leaves me without doubt that if you ask, the Spirit will answer.

And that Yeshua was real. Jesus, and the resurrection, myths.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Yes, it can be different. I have found that God comes at us in ways that penetrate our filters and misconceptions and for different things at different times. Which is also why I believe the gifts of the Spirit can differ according to the situation and what might be required.

Be aware that this situation of contact with God, also makes you a target for Satan, and so it's necessary to be on your guard, in what you think, do, or say.

I noticed you're keen to know what 'blasphemy of the Holy Spirit' is about. As I understand it, it is to attribute anything from God as being satanic! Our Creator is composed of Spirit and any part of Him that concerns men, is spoken of as the Holy Spirit. It is this indwelling Power that enabled the Son to heal, preach, etc. and when they accused him of casting out demons by the power of Satan, they were saying that the Power of God was demonic / evil - this is the blasphemy! It's seemingly a simple enough mistake - but it's fatal!

Doubting and disbelief are not fatal - only believing and saying it is evil is damning.

edit on 20/3/2016 by Maigret because: Proofing

edit on 20/3/2016 by Maigret because: Afterthought

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Maigret

Satan's metamorphosis from God's chosen instrument to tempt man to see what we are made of in times of strife to the prince of Demons and darkness is a concept that was adopted long after the book of Job's The Adversary or Ha-Satan was written and is not a Jewish doctrine. They seemed to attribute good and evil to Yahweh because Yahweh admits he is responsible for good and evil in the OT, and The Adversary /Ha-Satan is actually on Yah's team.

There is no Lucifer who rebelled and was cast out of heaven and turned into Satan. The Bible even proves that long after creation and Eden, he can go to heaven and converse with the divine council. So he didn't get thrown out of heaven. He is on the council, and necessary to separate the lip servers from the ones who honor God in truth.

Even in the NT, aside from revelation, he is a crucial part of the salvation sacrifice of Jesus. Judas was having second thoughts, even though Jesus told him he was to betray him. Satan had to possess Judas in order to fulfill the prophecies. He is not the enemy, just a scapegoat.

Why would Satan help fulfill the Holy plan of God for man's salvation if he was an enemy?

What if Jesus was not crucified and the prophecies not fulfilled?. Good bye salvation is what.

Something to ponder.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Maigret

You are correct about blasphemy re: The Holy Spirit. But if you can be forgiven for blasphemy against God and Jesus, but not the Holy Spirit, it would suffice to say that the Holy Spirit is the most revered of the three Gods of Christianity.

You can now understand that there are characteristics unique to the 3 individually. God knows the times that Jesus doesn't, Jesus is the Judge of souls and the Holy Spirit is a distinct being not just an emanation OF God.

I would say that the Holy Spirit is the most important, as the thousands of years since the crucifixion he is the only one who has remained on earth to be the Advocate Jesus said he would be.

God is in heaven with Jesus whilst the Holy Spirit has been here since at least the baptism of Jesus. He really is the Spirit of Truth. If you seek and have faith and perseverance, and are willing to drop your own personal preconceptions of the truth, you will learn things that worldly people will laugh at you for thinking because they have not received the Holy Spirit. That is when you know the truth is the truth, when the ignorant laugh at you.

Game recognizes game. A person of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and of fire will be happy when he or she realizes and recognizes a kindred soul in you.

A fool will call you a fool, and they are everywhere.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Satan=Adversary
Holy Spirit=Advocate

Everything good comes from the Holy Spirit. Everything.

Free will.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join