It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The strange things people do at home.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Would this Serk work or would it go beserk!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I had a real hard time with them ol tiles. LOL

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

It's not strange in my opinion..just learned habits that are almost reflexes..Just like putting your turn signal on when there's no traffic.

edit on 18-3-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

You can do anything naked in your house blupblup just don't try bacon naked. Ouch.

edit on 18-3-2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Do you put on your turn signal when you back out of your house?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12
a reply to: blupblup

You can do anything naked in your house blupblup just don't try bacon naked. Ouch.
I meant fry!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I have 270 lbs of fierce loyalty, spread across 3 dogs, so I don't concern myself with whether the door is locked while I'm home. However - In one of my bathrooms, the tub/shower is kind of off to the side and set back from the throne. I still can't resist checking behind the shower curtain for murderers when I go in to use the toilet.

The person would have to get in the house noiselessly, then slip past 3 dogs and remain undetected, quietly, in the bathtub, waiting to throw the curtain aside and kill me while I poop. It must be something mental about knowing that, when pooping with my pants around my ankles, I'm relatively vulnerable, even though it would be near impossible to make it in undetected.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Oooo but I like the pain...

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23
I still can't resist checking behind the shower curtain for murderers when I go in to use the toilet.

Lol, I have to do that every time...my cat is pretty crap at guard duty.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

I have 270 lbs of fierce loyalty, spread across 3 dogs, so I don't concern myself with whether the door is locked while I'm home. However - In one of my bathrooms, the tub/shower is kind of off to the side and set back from the throne. I still can't resist checking behind the shower curtain for murderers when I go in to use the toilet.

The person would have to get in the house noiselessly, then slip past 3 dogs and remain undetected, quietly, in the bathtub, waiting to throw the curtain aside and kill me while I poop. It must be something mental about knowing that, when pooping with my pants around my ankles, I'm relatively vulnerable, even though it would be near impossible to make it in undetected.

My dogs are all but useless unless you want a small elderly lady to go all glassy eyed.

I am so used to having waifs, stray's and transients in my house I actually get spooked if there is not someone in the house.

If MNS takes the dogs and there is no one who has fallen on hard times sleeping in the spare room then that is when I freak out.

It is quite pleasant to open a door and there is not someone behind it although a little disconcerting for me.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Sure it's not to keep the 270 lbs of dogs OUT of the bathroom while you're in there? Dogs love to get into the bathroom when you're doing your thing. They know you're a captive audience and just can't get up right now to shoo them out.

When my stepdaughter's girls came to visit us, they always turned the light on in the bathroom in our house even in the middle of the day. I couldn't figure it out until I walked into their bathroom and saw there was no window in their apartment. It was just automatic habit for them to turn the light on when you entered the bathroom. I imagine locking a door, even when you are all by yourself, is probably a similar thing.

edit on 3/18/2016 by Cheddarhead because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I dont lock the bathroom door ever. In fact, when Im home alone, I pee off the front porch, so I dont have to walk upstairs.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I dont lock the bathroom door ever. In fact, when Im home alone, I pee off the front porch, so I dont have to walk upstairs.

I get in trouble for that even with my explanation that it is environmentally friendly and saves on the water bills...

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

You not a peeing in that nice garden of yours visitedbythem?

*and dad wonders why the pees don't grow!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I lock the door when I go to the bathroom, because I am never sure if someone else might come into the apartment. My sister, my mother, my sisters friend Cait, my mothers friend Janet, my brother in law, as well as my buddy Martin all have keys. Any one of them could stroll in at any moment.

The only place I ever behave as if I am alone and will not be disturbed, is in my room. Most of the time, if I am in there, it means I am naked. I am actually naked right now. But I don pants to leave the room, out of respect for everyone else living here.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

dogstar23 where is the vodka!

Получить эти собаки из

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

That is precisely the type of scene I would prefer to have a few seconds to prepare for, soap out of eyes specifically.
Yep, locked door when showering while home alone is sensible in my book, certainly not strange.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Mom, sister, cousin, brother, dad, uncle, aunt, niece, grandma, grandpa, best friend. I need my key back. I am trying do do something strange in my house yo!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
My aunt never shuts the door to pee. She doesn't live here either, so that is weird.

Also, the hall bathroom is in eye sight of the front door. In spring and fall, it is likely the front door is open, which means my visiting aunt is basically sitting at the top of a hill on a toilet as people stop out front at a stop sign.

Yes it is as horrible and hilarious as it sounds. Her response is "What? I have to pee!'

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join