It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want Trump to be president

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

"My enemy is the financial establishment so I'm voting for a multi billionaire."- Trump Supporters.

Good work, team. Let's meet back here Sunday.
Don't forget your nooses.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LAkadian

I am not so simple as to hate an entire class of fellow americans just because they are rich. Would you hate me if I won the lottery? If I worked hard and made lots of money?

Hate me if I try to perpetuate wage slavery and ethological castration.

So far the entire establishment we always go on about here have a common enemy. Instead of the JUST the people being that common enemy.

Think,

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

He saying the exact same thing Romney said last election cycle.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

After reading up on Geert and the "Party for Freedom," I have to admit that I'm impressed. They make a lot f wonderful points. While quite a bit too liberal for my liking, I can see where they would be a wonderful conservative option in the Netherlands.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

If you won the lottery of 14 Billion dollars, stockpiled it all in a vault, evaded taxes, bribed the media, and paid off lawmakers... Then yes. Yes I would hate you.

The very ideal you're espousing leads to this very scenario and all the ills you decry.
And just so you know, you're never gonna be a multi billionaire. Think.
edit on 21-3-2016 by LAkadian because: Addressing personal attack.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LAkadian

"My enemy is the financial establishment so I'm voting for a multi billionaire."- Trump Supporters.

My enemy is not the financial establishment, though. My enemy is a redistributive system which steals money from me to trade for the votes of the Kept Voter pools. I'm tired of Sugar Daddy pimps running this country into the ground on the backs of the net tax payers.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

In other words, pay you for doing jack squat or you'll hate...

Guess I'll be adding that to my list of reasons I really wish I was a Billionaire.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

My enemy is not the financial establishment, though. My enemy is a redistributive system which steals money from me to trade for the votes of the Kept Voter pools. I'm tired of Sugar Daddy pimps running this country into the ground on the backs of the net tax payers.

Oh then let me educate you.
You already pay taxes, and without them there'd be no government to bribe, and without the middle class you have no one to profit from.
Under Sanders' plan only those making more than 300000 a year will experience ANY tax increase.
Is your greed so substantial that this is really a sticking point?
If so, I will give up now, because that's just willfully ignorant.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

No I wont. That doesnt make me hate the ones that are.

Again, the only person being targeted by the ones who make the system you say is vile and expanded on in your post is Trump

Love him or hate him, he wants to end government subsidy and change the dynamic of greasing hands in DC to get things done.

You only hate him because he is a typical rich guy. Not because his ideas are contrary to yours.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

In other words, pay you for doing jack squat or you'll hate...

Guess I'll be adding that to my list of reasons I really wish I was a Billionaire.

[SNIP] I run this country. My class DOES ALL the work. We build the roads, we plant the crops, we cook the food, we clean your crusty hotel sheets.

Pay ME for doing nothing?

Let's say entry level worked makes 8 an hour.
He designs die presses and physically constructs them using tools. CEO of company makes millions a year and has no actual role.
You need to understand what group you're in,
because you're not a royal. I hate to break it to you.

Mod Note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

edit on 21/3/16 by argentus because: Removed racial invective

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

No I wont. That doesnt make me hate the ones that are.

Again, the only person being targeted by the ones who make the system you say is vile and expanded on in your post is Trump

Love him or hate him, he wants to end government subsidy and change the dynamic of greasing hands in DC to get things done.

You only hate him because he is a typical rich guy. Not because his ideas are contrary to yours.

Lol wrong again. I hate him for both reasons.
He wants to build a wall around the melting pot.
"Bring me your tired, your hungry, your sick... Unless they're Mexicans. Ewww."
Yeah. 'Merica!

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

That is an oversimplified approach. He wants to FORCE legal immigration.

Hell I do too. I spent over 2 years separated from my family because the immigration system is backed up and bogged down with illegal immigration it is trying to catch up to.

I am a first generation son of an immigrant from both parents. My son was born in Mexico because they couldnt process our stuff fast enough (Wifes Visa). The REASON for that is due to illegals making our lives harder.

I am not in support of the wall. I am in support of his immigration reform. THAT is long overdue. Do you even know what he is proposing beyond a wall?

I have a MEXICAN son now thanks to this BS. He will be a US citizen but cant ever run for certain offices and is forever limited.

How is this fair to me? An immigrants son and my immigrant wife?

EDIT TO ADD:
People act like its a travesty to make our immigration system work. That we have to just open the flood gates because fixing it is impossible.

BS. It is totally possible BUT we need people to stop thinking you can just break the law and be done with it.

next time you go shopping, Try telling people that they dont need to wait in line and see what happens at the cashier.

THAT is human nature and you know it-

edit on 3 21 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

*sigh*

Taxes aren't "stealing" because you get something back. If someone just runs off with your car, that's stealing. And no, if someone runs off and places money on the ground to give you something back, that's not the same thing.

If you receive something back from what you give, it's not stealing. You get military protection, roads and transportation, employment protections, education, police/fire, and more. You probably get back more than you will ever pay in, the issue is it isn't something you can hold in your two hands. I can't help you there.

You are a citizen, and with that comes responsibilities. Taxation is part of that. If you want to live here you have to agree to abide by the rules, but no matter where you go (for the most part) taxes aren't going away.

"Well I never asked to be a citizen!" True, and I never asked to have crony capitalism either.

And besides, what thief allows you to help decide how that money that's "stolen" from you is spent? We elect officials who are supposed to side with our beliefs on how that money is spent. I don't think that guy who help up Subway on Jewel Lake bothered to ask the clerk, "So, do you want me to spend this on alcohol, drugs, or more guns?".

Folks like yourself seem to think we have all these "rights" but no responsibilities.

The irony....the money being "stolen" from you was earned and made possible how?

The same government you rant about and claim is "stealing" from you.

Trade agreements, labor laws, ect -- all of these administered by the government make our economy possible -- and possible for you to earn the money you do.

Thing is, you're really not against coercion or taxes. I'm sure you'd have no problem with a private landlord requiring tenants to live by weird rules regarding religion, guns or drugs -- but if the government does it? Heaven forbid.

If every governmental system and institution was replaced by private landlords, companies and individuals -- the same abuses of power would still happen ... and yet there would be no democratic recourse's and rights available at all.

And if we didn't have the social nets? Things would be a lot worse in this country. You don't see it, but you do benefit from social safety nets, that's why the richest people in the country even allowed them to be created to begin with.

Here's something to think about when you get all gung-ho for privatization:

While the federal government has only calculated the Supplemental Poverty Measure back to 2009, Columbia University researchers have estimated it back to 1967 (without adjusting for underreporting) and concluded that the safety net cut the poverty rate from 26 percent in 1967 to 16 percent in 2012. Without government assistance, poverty would have risen during the same period under this measure, highlighting the strong and growing role of antipoverty policies.

Source

So, if we didn't have these programs, America would probably look like a 2nd world country or worse. Why? Low wages, out sourcing, the profit driven private industry. What deregulation and rampant crony capitalism has done in the last half of the 20th century has done, is make Americans poor. The government's intervention via things like social security is keeping us afloat. The more the private sector squeezes from the American people, the more the government is required to help.

Social Security has by far the largest impact in keeping people out of poverty, lifting 27.4 million Americans above the poverty line in 2012, including 17.5 million seniors and 1.6 million children (directly through survivors' benefits or indirectly through a family member with retirement or disability benefits).

So, unless we can somehow get people's wages and salaries adjusted for inflation, convince large multi-national corporations to pay more at the expensive of their profit margin -- the upward flow of wealth will continue, necessitating the need of programs like social security. That is, unless we're OK with tent cities, burn barrels, rampant crime ect...

Even if everyone had a master's degree -- someone would still have to empty the parking meters.

So, instead of this Libertarian mumbo jumbo, how about figuring out ways to spend the money that's taxed better? Can't we both agree that we could be getting a helluva better deal for our money than we are?

And who knows, if we got smarter about spending the tax revenue -- we might be able to CUT TAXES!
Imagine that! I have no doubt that we could simplify and use the American government's muscle to leverage better purchasing deals for the things it spends our tax money on.

I think we'd all feel better if we knew that the government was always seeking the "best deal" (which I will admit it is NOT doing, one of my pet peeves btw, and I'm sure one of yours as well)

TLDR: stealing is taking something without consent and giving nothing back in return. Taxes are consented by individuals by being citizens and continuing to keep their status as citizens. Taxes aren't any more "stealing" than rent is a form of "theft".

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
And besides, what thief allows you to help decide how that money that's "stolen" from you is spent? We elect officials who are supposed to side with our beliefs on how that money is spent. I don't think that guy who help up Subway on Jewel Lake bothered to ask the clerk, "So, do you want me to spend this on alcohol, drugs, or more guns?".

...which is exactly why I support guys like Trump who will use my tax money on programs I support, not on the ones I don't.

It is also why I rail on this stuff. We presently sit at approximately 48% of "tax payers" receiving more in rebates, refunds, and disbursements from the IRS than they pay in. (i.e. negative net tax liability). If and when that number exceeds 50%, we have passed a point of no return... it will truly be the minority paying the way for the majority. That is absolutely legalized theft.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
How many trillions in debt is the US..14..? 17...? I think it's imperative the US gets it right. Trump is not the guy to get things right.

National debt is an illusion. There is nothing of value changing hands here, and of course "interest" is fairy dust. The only thing that matters is ongoing trade. National debt is easily solved by simply shifting numbers on a spreadsheet from one column to another.

Until someone notices and comes to collect.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: whyamIhere
We have to try something different.

Hillary (pig vomit) is part of the reason we are in this mess.

To send her to fix DC. ?

It's crazyness, only an outsider can fix this.

But, dont bet on it...Cause, Dude we're Screwed.

We need a miracle not a 40 year insider.

How many trillions in debt is the US..14..? 17...? I think it's imperative the US gets it right. Trump is not the guy to get things right.

Then who do you think is the "guy"?

Think hillary or bernie can get other counties to bail the USA out for free?

I think the USA will have to work for it. Don't you?

Who else knows what it takes to make money and reorganize priorities.

"Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country"

Make America Great Again!

Well considering he raised his own debt ceiling 8 times, not him.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

That would be the federal reserve, the world bank and the bank of England.

They would be hard pressed to collect or even find a safe hiding hole in any country if the bottom line was ever revealed. Hell they better hope we colonize space if that ever happens because the world would be sharpening their pitchforks just for them.

China? Them too.

edit on 3 22 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

a reply to: rockintitz

If the power elite hate him its a good sign. THATS someone to push forward.

"I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made. "

Franklin D. Roosevelt

The elite hate him?
Funny, I could have sworn he was plastered all over their TV networks. Huh.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

In a very flattering light?

Dude, seriously, The Koch brothers and George Soros have declared war on him in the name of all bilderbergers.

edit on 3 22 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

That would be the federal reserve, the world bank and the bank of England.

They would be hard pressed to collect or even find a safe hiding hole in any country if the bottom line was ever revealed. Hell they better hope we colonize space if that ever happens because the world would be sharpening their pitchforks just for them.

China? Them too.

Sorry but are you actually being serious?
Trump has filed for bankruptcy multiple times.
Do you not understand what bankruptcy is?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join