It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If corporations are people....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
and treated as people then why aren't the rules (laws) and consequences of breaking them (punish) the same for both 'classes' of US persons.

Take for instance:

I as a real flesh and blood person can be found guilty for breaking any law even if I didn't know the law existed.

But not corporate persons:

The GMA could face up to a $33 million fine if a trial court determines that members of its staff knew they were breaking the law when they attempted to hide the identities of processed food companies opposed to the ballot initiative

www.truth-out.org...

If I willfully kill a fellow flesh and blood person (just one), I will face the death penalty.

But not so our corporate people. They can murder millions and keep on doing so...

It's time for a corporate death penalty. And corporate responsibility.

If corporations are people then I should have the same rights to write off my 'cost of doing business' as do corporate persons.

Done now.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd
You don't have the assets, lobbying power, or elitist ties to be exempt. Therefore...

edit on 3/18/2016 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
You put it nicely.. The whole idea seems so corrupt from my point of view.. I really don't know how anyone could have made the argument in the first place, let alone get the laws past..

Tell my why again that any person, or corporation has any business giving a politician money?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It's called shareholders

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Corps are people, just imagine a really rich influential person. That's what a corp is.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
You don't have the assets, lobbying power, or elitists ties to be exempt. Therefore...

Didn't the Declaration of Independence say something about all 'men' being equal. And it's the 'supposed' hallmark of a civilized country equality under the law for ALL persons.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

You don't have the assets, lobbying power, or elitists ties to be exempt. Therefore...

Didn't the Declaration of Independence say something about all 'men' being equal. And it's the 'supposed' hallmark of a civilized country equality under the law for ALL persons.

That old thing?

They only use that when it's convenient.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

That old thing?

They only use that when it's convenient.

I hate that this is true.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
We need to get people together to form a national corporation of citizens.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
You're absolutely right in this case. And it's not just legal responsibility that they have no accounting for. It's financial as well.
For example, in my state if you choose to open a business as a sole proprietor or a partner ship, your social security # is held as collateral to hold you financially responsible for taxes and/or bankruptcy. They can actually take your house.

Corporations however get to treat a business like a prostitute. They pull as much profit and benefits as they can, but if it fails, ”hey, my hands are clean". No accountabilty whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: N3k9Ni
We need to get people together to form a national corporation of citizens.

Didn't you get the memo?
Corporate offshoring of production has killed the unions dead.....

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

I'm not talking about a union. What I'm proposing is that the citizens band together to form a corporate entity.

As a corporation, we would have the same status as the big corporations that lobby Congress to write legislation in their favor. We would be better able to get Congress to write legislation that would be beneficial to the public.
edit on 3/18/2016 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

I'm not talking about a union. What I'm proposing is that the citizens band together to form a corporate entity.

You mean a political party?

As a corporation, we would have the same status as the big corporations that lobby Congress to write legislation in their favor. We would be better able to get Congress to write legislation that would be beneficial to the public.

As a cooperation we would submit ourself to the same rules and laws that are there already, who are unable to prevent corruption from happening.

Your idea is like saying, "let's have a better pope!"...when the real problem is the church itself.

Sorry for raining on your parade.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Willingly

No, I don't mean political party. If I meant political party, I would have said political party. I mean corporation as in business corporation.

As a cooperation we would submit ourself to the same rules and laws that are there already, who are unable to prevent corruption from happening.

Corruption is happening because of corporate influence. Corporations spend millions of dollars lobbying to get what they want. We, the people have no lobbyists in DC. If a citizen calls his/her Representative about an issue such as Health Care or Social Security, we rarely even get a response. But Big Corporation Lobbyists are rarely turned away.

We need to get Congress working for the people again. Calling, faxing, emailing, signing petitions even visiting DC doesn't work because they seem to think we are dispensable, not important, more of an annoyance to them than anything else.

If we can't beat them, why not join them? The U.S. Government is now trained to respond to lobbyists for Big Business rather than citizens, so if citizens were a huge Corporation, wouldn't they start thinking more about keeping us afloat, giving us bail-outs when we are failing, passing bills that would benefit our Corporation, etc?

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   

and treated as people then why aren't the rules (laws) and consequences of breaking them (punish) the same for both 'classes' of US persons.

Take for instance:

I as a real flesh and blood person can be found guilty for breaking any law even if I didn't know the law existed.

But not corporate persons:

The GMA could face up to a $33 million fine if a trial court determines that members of its staff knew they were breaking the law when they attempted to hide the identities of processed food companies opposed to the ballot initiative

www.truth-out.org...

If I willfully kill a fellow flesh and blood person (just one), I will face the death penalty.

But not so our corporate people. They can murder millions and keep on doing so...

It's time for a corporate death penalty. And corporate responsibility.

If corporations are people then I should have the same rights to write off my 'cost of doing business' as do corporate persons.

Done now.

Now here is someone who is thinking original thoughts and not just those put into their heads by the media as far to many people do.

wonderful to see.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quauhtli
You put it nicely.. The whole idea seems so corrupt from my point of view.. I really don't know how anyone could have made the argument in the first place, let alone get the laws past..

Strange isn't it how someone can make one point about one topic and we suddenly see that topic in an entirely different light. its happened to me a few times. I think its called waking up.

top topics

join