It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why we NEED Donald Trump----another absolutely STUPID Obama business venture!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

The real fix comes with passive solar, geothermal, and personal usage. Turn every home into it's own power plant. I'm personally fond of earthships, permaculture and the like.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: FullBloodedNative
Donald Trump's file

Donald Trump

And they go through every lie he ever said, there for you to read up on.

FactChecking the 11th GOP Debate

Sen. Marco Rubio said businessman Donald Trump inherited $100 million from his father for his business, while Trump said he started with only $1 million. Both are stretching the facts.

Trump claimed the government could save “hundreds of billions of dollars in waste” through negotiating prescription drug prices. But that’s well above the entire yearly spending for Medicare Part D.

Trump grossly exaggerated the U.S. trade deficit with China, and falsely claimed that the U.S. runs a trade deficit with “every country.”

Trump repeated a bogus claim that the wife of a 9/11 terrorist left the U.S. two days prior to the 2001 attacks and that she “knew exactly what was happening.”

Trump said he was “always against going into Iraq.” He was an early critic of the war, but there is no record of him speaking against the war before it started.

Trump claimed that Trump University has an “A” rating from the Better Business Bureau, but the last rating we could find was a “D-.”

Trump falsely claimed that Rubio was the first person who ever disparaged the size of Trump’s hands. Vanity Fair‘s editor did so more than 25 years ago.

First of all, no one cares.

It's just like the left's disconnect for all their politicians. lol.

Btw, when did Trump inherit his money? His dad died in 1999.

That list should be on NLBS because it's all it is and irrelevant.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: FelisOrion
You do know Donald had four business ventures that failed? Sigh, never mind.

I'm sure Donald is the man for the job!

That's all?

How many didn't "fail"?

How many failures are acceptable? Seems that a single misstep by someone like Obama or Hillary is the beginning of the end of the world. How many free passes do we give Trump?

Maybe if they had as much experience as Trump or ANY experience, they wouldn't have failed.

Oh and you might just want to wait until Trump is POTUS to give him a report card.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh

The real fix comes with passive solar, geothermal, and personal usage. Turn every home into it's own power plant. I'm personally fond of earthships, permaculture and the like.

Oh yeah, me too but you can't run a subway on wind power.

Or even a tie factory on solar.

No matter what we use, the grid needs a serious overhaul first!

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Maybe if they had as much experience as Trump or ANY experience, they wouldn't have failed.

But even with that experience, Trump has failed as well. Do you not see the hypocrisy in your statement?

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: FullBloodedNative
Donald Trump's file

Donald Trump

And they go through every lie he ever said, there for you to read up on.

FactChecking the 11th GOP Debate

Sen. Marco Rubio said businessman Donald Trump inherited $100 million from his father for his business, while Trump said he started with only $1 million. Both are stretching the facts.

Trump claimed the government could save “hundreds of billions of dollars in waste” through negotiating prescription drug prices. But that’s well above the entire yearly spending for Medicare Part D.

Trump grossly exaggerated the U.S. trade deficit with China, and falsely claimed that the U.S. runs a trade deficit with “every country.”

Trump repeated a bogus claim that the wife of a 9/11 terrorist left the U.S. two days prior to the 2001 attacks and that she “knew exactly what was happening.”

Trump said he was “always against going into Iraq.” He was an early critic of the war, but there is no record of him speaking against the war before it started.

Trump claimed that Trump University has an “A” rating from the Better Business Bureau, but the last rating we could find was a “D-.”

Trump falsely claimed that Rubio was the first person who ever disparaged the size of Trump’s hands. Vanity Fair‘s editor did so more than 25 years ago.

First of all, no one cares.

It's just like the left's disconnect for all their politicians. lol.

Btw, when did Trump inherit his money? His dad died in 1999.

That list should be on NLBS because it's all it is and irrelevant.

First of all, you hardly speak for "everyone"

Second, yada yada left yada yada disconnect ... you're saying precisely NOTHING about the issues there; you're mouthing empty partisan platitudes.

Third, if this thread is not about the relative business acumen between Trump and President Obama, what is it about? Trump, as a member of the 1%-ers obviously has money ... the wealth of the world has been redistributed upwards from the middle 80% in that direction in the last two decades ... or hadn't you been paying attention.

Trump has fronted for one failed business venture after another. You are apparently unaware of how real wealth "works" ... the real wealth that Trump inherited from his dad has been hard assets for years earning those barely taxed capital gains that feed the maw of the world's ever hungry elite.

Do you really think the man makes billions off selling steaks and neckties?

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
The remedy for stupidity and ineptitude is not more stupidity and ineptitude. I will not be voting for Trump just to make up for Obama.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Listen to this guy who's put all the sh't together. Then make your assumptions. Until then Continue to Vote for your own Inept Gov't who has continuously slammed the Americas into the f'cking ground. Vote Establishment They Own Everything including the Sheep who keep agreeing with them, baaaaaa.
edit on 3/19/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I guess 2 out of 3 ain't bad, eh?

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh

Oh yeah, me too but you can't run a subway on wind power.

Or even a tie factory on solar.

No matter what we use, the grid needs a serious overhaul first!

Some of what you say here might be true. I don't know for sure. I obviously have to back my ideology with a peer reviewed list of sources, vetted by snopes to even approach a valid response here.

I will tell you this though. There are no partisan solutions. The solutions are multi-faceted, just like earthships.

Combinations of wind, solar, petro, and geothermal can take us much further than arguing over which is more efficient and/or "sustainable".

Don't believe anything I say though. I'm surfing my wave of white privileged, bigoted, low informative, callous, insensitive, obfuscation. I'm a propagandist. Not a real living person or anything.

Oh, I also think that personal ownership of guns are a right. So there is my endorsement of violence,,, OOOOHhhhh.. Booga Booga!!!

Such threat!!!
edit on 19-3-2016 by Bobaganoosh because: forgot to include violence

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
From the description of how this plant functions, it seems like a middle school science project, upscale several thousand times. They actually procured funding for this?

===

On a technical basis this could work QUITE WELL...BUT....
their engineering design sucks! They needed to use fully
computerized sun-following mirror systems with FLEXIBLE
polyhedral mirrors what could CHANGE SHAPE to BETTER
focus the sun at a specific spot (i.e. lasers would provide the
directional pointing and focusing mechanism). Then you MUST
use fresnel lenses to ensure that incoming light that comes
in via multiple angles of incidence are PROPERLY focused
on SMALLER but MUCH HIGHER temperature-rated
CERAMIC-based heating pods which would heat the
water FASTER to a much higher temperature for flash steaming
to be output to MULTIPLE magnetic-bearing-based generators
so as to reduce frictional losses from the AC power production
system. THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA BUT BADLY IMPLEMENTED!
Plus I would have done this in the ABSOLUTE DRIEST AREAS
of Nevada, New Mexico and Arizona where sunlight and
rain clouds are not an issue!

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: StargateSG7

On a technical basis this could work QUITE WELL...BUT....
their engineering design sucks! They needed to use fully
computerized sun-following mirror systems with FLEXIBLE
polyhedral mirrors what could CHANGE SHAPE to BETTER
focus the sun at a specific spot (i.e. lasers would provide the
directional pointing and focusing mechanism). Then you MUST
use fresnel lenses to ensure that incoming light that comes
in via multiple angles of incidence are PROPERLY focused
on SMALLER but MUCH HIGHER temperature-rated
CERAMIC-based heating pods which would heat the
water FASTER to a much higher temperature for flash steaming
to be output to MULTIPLE magnetic-bearing-based generators
so as to reduce frictional losses from the AC power production
system. THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA BUT BADLY IMPLEMENTED!
Plus I would have done this in the ABSOLUTE DRIEST AREAS
of Nevada, New Mexico and Arizona where sunlight and
rain clouds are not an issue!

Let's deal with the end of your "guesses" about this solar plant. It IS in one of the driest areas of the Mojave Desert. Death Valley is on the other side of a couple mountains to the Northwest. It's dryer than a popcorn fart year round. I know, I live a little over a hundred miles Southwest of Primm Nevada. Now the big issue: heating water. This plant design is certainly not the first, Solar One in Daggett California was the precursor to Ivanpah. Solar One was effective up to a point. Solar One ran successfully for a number of years. Later, it was upgraded to Solar Two. More heliostats were added and they switched out the medium being heated to a molten salt. This enabled the plant to store energy (the heated salt) for use during times of clouds, etc. Solar Two was also a success and was operational until 1999. a similar plant was, or is being built in Spain, using this proven technology.
So, the big question is why are they using water? The Wikipedia article Gives some reasons for the less than anticipated electricity generated: "The California Energy Commission issued a statement blaming this on "clouds, jet contrails and weather"." Wonder why they didn't follow the natural progression that Solar One & Two mapped out more than ten years before they broke ground on this plant? Ivanpah also uses a considerable amount of natural gas just to "get fired up" every morning. I would think that the molten salt would have provided that jump start as well as account for "clouds, jet contrails, and weather".
I've lived in the desert for over 40 years. We do get "weather" occasionally. In fact, the Mojave River runs above ground in approximate 5-year intervals. Normally it only surfaces to clear rock formations in Victorville, and in Afton Canyon. I exercise regularly in the sandy riverbed (it's my personal playground) and I have been swimming in the same area several times over the years. None the less, around here if there is anything besides sunshine in the weather report, I rejoice at the prospect of something different. At this moment, the Mojave desert is suffering through the same drought that the rest of the state is experiencing; we're just used to it.
Speculation as to why the Ivanpah solar plant is underperforming is just that. My two cents is that peak performance can not be achieved until the operators are familiar with the new plant, and that the new plant may need to be upgraded just like Solar One was. Too bad they didn't look into what came before as they appear to be doomed to repeat that piece of history.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I don't understand this topic at all...

This type of solar plant is already proven technology. Investing in it is almost 100% guarantee to work as planned, and turn a profit. It's unfortunate that the plant has seen a fair share of clouds, contrails, and bad weather to make it under perform, but that is the just downside to solar power.

I honestly don't see this as a bad investment at all. Seems pretty solid from an investor's point of view.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join