It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Doomsday Tapes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I've read quite a few novels pertaining to the Cold War (alternate history, Fail-Safe, etc) and throughout these books I've heard a lot about The Doomsday Tapes, however the books never expanded on these...I was wondering if anyone had any information on what these are and what their applications might be.

[edit on 1/11/2005 by UnMature]

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Not much out there on the 'Doomsday Tapes", but did find one website that states:

"[doomsday tapes] are civil defense information for the general population to be broadcast if a nuclear attack seems imminent. Subjects included medical effects of ionizing radiation, proper use and interpretation of radiation dosimeters and counters, design principles and construction of various sorts of radiation fallout shelters, and so on. "

from www.ejectejecteject.com...

If anyone out there has any more info on these 'tapes' please post.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Why they don't broadcast it before we're nuked?

All those bunkers takes a lot of time to be built.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
They are broadcast at the last moment. They don't release the infomation any earlier because at the point they are talking about would be world wide nuclear war. Survivers would be at a minimum. To release it now would just cause a large amount of panick and chaos.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I remember seeing in an online video archive some nuclear preperation videos. They were mostly shown in schools. Old black and white stuff. Good ole get under the desk etc..

There were many films, probably around 12. Some of them were pretty detailed. I cant remember the site though.

top topics

join